“Awesome service....Banquet a success!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Victoria Inn

Save Saved
You added Victoria Inn to your Saves list
Victoria Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1808 Wellington Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H 0G3, Canada (St. James Industrial)   |
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Winnipeg
“Awesome service....Banquet a success!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

As the event planner for our company fundraising banquet, I was very happy with the excellent service, quality of food and space that Victoria Inn and specifically our Banquet Sales Associate provided for us. As we worked together to plan for 450+ people, there was the right mix of compliance with our requests and suggestions for improvement. I was especially impressed that it took 90 minutes to change from the rental group before us to when we could open the doors for our event. All staff and management were involved and set up was flawless. Our protein portion on the plates was too large but the whole meal was very tasty. Table servers were very courteous and professional.
A few of us were able to stay the night and relax in the hot tub.....and fly down the waterslide.....before getting a good nights sleep in a very comfortable suite room. We will be back next year!

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite on the top floor was quiet, spacious and comfortable!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Most reviews of our hotel usually focus on our guest rooms it nice to read that we have satisfied customers for our convention facilities as well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Winnipeg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We hosted a car convention here last summer. The staff was great for the most part, and the facilities met our needs but their head chef (identified as Chef Jeff to me by another of the staff) was TOTALLY RUDE AND OBNOXIOUS to us (I was volunteering for security for the show and shine) when coming to work during our show and shine and was yelling and making a scene in the middle of the west side parking lot. It seems that the show Mustangs on display that were bringing hundreds of spectators to the Victoria Inn were an inconvenience to him and his car. I brought it to the attention of the front desk but there was no on duty manager to complain to and was told that the cooking staff was pretty much autonomous. As this was an Internation Mustang convention with hundreds of participants from across North America, this reflected very poorly on the Victoria Inn. I for one have stopped frequenting Chicago Joe's as a result- I do not want to have this person touching something I am going to eat- not with the filth that came out of his mouth...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Volunteer:
Thank you for your timely comments on your experience last summer. We do recall the situation you are referring to and we do appreciate that you were a volunteer that was not completely informed on the details of our contract with the organizers of the event. We are sorry if our Chef came off as rude that was not his intention. It was assumed by the security for the event that the barricaded parking was to be held through the Sunday evening after the show closed. In fact a portion of this barricade show area was to be returned to the hotels use for another event at the hotel that evening. Clearly some miscommunication. We have received numerous accolades of how great the event was from the event participants and organizers and all were very pleased with the shows attendance and execution. This was in no small part to the efforts of all the volunteers that assisted in the show. I am sorry that this was your only take away from this event, we as Winnipeggers should take more pride in the success of hosting an International Show instead of one miscommunication.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have had our daughter's birthday party at the Victoria Inn since she was 3 years old.. This was her 4th party there, and it continues to be a place I recommend for people. What we love about the hotel is the Dino Beach and Value for the experience. The dino beach has 3 different levels of slides for children of all age groups to enjoy which is fantastic for us as we have family and friends with tiny tots to pre-teens. Everyone has a good time! I especially appreciate how the slide does not enter into the pool, rather its own lane so that no one gets hurt at the bottom of the slide by being underneath the mouth of the slide. The rooms are always nice and clean, The beds are very comfortable. We often choose a pool side room for the convenience factor, and the hotel has a dehumidifier in the room so you aren't breathing in pool air while you sleep and waking up to dry eyes.
The front desk staff is amazingly friendly and courteous. I appreciate the level of professionalism that I reach from the staff who are working the front desk.
The only place of improvement I would suggest is in the restaurant. The manager working that night needs to improve her attitude when talking to guests. She scared my niece and daughter by snapping at them for being in the lounge section when we were visiting a friend. I understand liquor policies but their is no reason a 5 year old needs to believe that they just cost their mom 5000 dollars for being in the lounge. (she told my niece and daughter that was the cost of the fine, making them believe I needed to pay it. I explained to them it was a threat, not something I ACTUALLY have to pay). I also believe that HAD someone from the liquor licence bureau been there, they would give us a warning before actually fining the restaurant. Anyway, between her hygiene and snapping at my children my niece wasn't sure if she wanted to eat there so we held off and waited until the morning. I promised her that the manager working nights wont be there for the morning.
We had breakfast at the restaurant before checking out and I swear, no one does a better Eggs Benedict!..

Overall.. Great job Victoria inn.. Thank you once again for being a part of our family traditions.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I Am glad that your experience was mostly positive. We will certainly bring your comment to our departments for reveiw.
Esterhazy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed in one of the kids theme rooms and it was really nice!! The boys liked the underwater animals on the walls! But the pool is only 1 meter deep so the pool is only good for small children. My boys are 11 and 8 and did not like the pool because they love to swim. My husband and I could not swim in pool because of the depth and there being so many small children. The younger children were having a blast!! I would strongly recommend this hotel and pool for young children.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your great comments, our pool is a great area for young kids and parents, the Shallow nature of the pool with its very gradual decent makes parents with kids very comfortable that their kids will not get in over their heads. Literally! Thou we do find that guest with a more serious need to swim have taken advantage of our close proximity to the Cindy Klassen Recreation Centre which is only 5 minutes from our hotel, I know it’s not right on site but still very convenient and reasonable for swimming and diving, which you never see a hotel with a diving board in their pool anymore? Thanks again we look forward to your return visits.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed in a standard room with 2 queen beds. It was fine. Although a non smoking area, could smell smoke in our room, although not strong odour. There is a fridge but its located in the bathroom as was the coffeemaker. Found that to be a little odd.
Our daughter and her family had a pool side room which was fine except quite dark as its an inside room, the chlorine odour permeates the room from the pool, the area to sit outside the room is very narrow. The pool however, is great for small children. They had a great time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments on the hotel and pool area. We have been a Non Smoking hotel since 2007. We were one of the first to go completely non-smoking. We just wish that all smoking guests would respect our non-smoking facility; it seems this is an issue on the airline these days too. We hope that you will come back soon.
canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We treated our grandchildren to a day of swimming and waterslides. The pool and slides are perfect for kids 10 and younger but pool too shallow for older kids. The pool was a bit cool on both of the days .Our room was fine for an older hotel,beds comfy and clean.Next time, would probably try a different hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kenora
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel, great proximity to airport, friendly and helpful staff. Had a large room with 2 queen beds and a sitting area with lots of space. Only negative is the walls are very thin and you can hear a lot of hallway noise. Great value, very clean, our regular hotel when heading to the airport.

• Stayed March 2013
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for being a repeat customer, I do hope that you have signed up for our rewards program.

Been to Victoria Inn? Share your experiences!