“Always consistent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Victoria Inn

Save Saved
You added Victoria Inn to your Saves list
Victoria Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1808 Wellington Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H 0G3, Canada (St. James Industrial)   |
Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Always consistent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have had our daughter's birthday party at the Victoria Inn since she was 3 years old.. This was her 4th party there, and it continues to be a place I recommend for people. What we love about the hotel is the Dino Beach and Value for the experience. The dino beach has 3 different levels of slides for children of all age groups to enjoy which is fantastic for us as we have family and friends with tiny tots to pre-teens. Everyone has a good time! I especially appreciate how the slide does not enter into the pool, rather its own lane so that no one gets hurt at the bottom of the slide by being underneath the mouth of the slide. The rooms are always nice and clean, The beds are very comfortable. We often choose a pool side room for the convenience factor, and the hotel has a dehumidifier in the room so you aren't breathing in pool air while you sleep and waking up to dry eyes.
The front desk staff is amazingly friendly and courteous. I appreciate the level of professionalism that I reach from the staff who are working the front desk.
The only place of improvement I would suggest is in the restaurant. The manager working that night needs to improve her attitude when talking to guests. She scared my niece and daughter by snapping at them for being in the lounge section when we were visiting a friend. I understand liquor policies but their is no reason a 5 year old needs to believe that they just cost their mom 5000 dollars for being in the lounge. (she told my niece and daughter that was the cost of the fine, making them believe I needed to pay it. I explained to them it was a threat, not something I ACTUALLY have to pay). I also believe that HAD someone from the liquor licence bureau been there, they would give us a warning before actually fining the restaurant. Anyway, between her hygiene and snapping at my children my niece wasn't sure if she wanted to eat there so we held off and waited until the morning. I promised her that the manager working nights wont be there for the morning.
We had breakfast at the restaurant before checking out and I swear, no one does a better Eggs Benedict!..

Overall.. Great job Victoria inn.. Thank you once again for being a part of our family traditions.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I Am glad that your experience was mostly positive. We will certainly bring your comment to our departments for reveiw.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Esterhazy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed in one of the kids theme rooms and it was really nice!! The boys liked the underwater animals on the walls! But the pool is only 1 meter deep so the pool is only good for small children. My boys are 11 and 8 and did not like the pool because they love to swim. My husband and I could not swim in pool because of the depth and there being so many small children. The younger children were having a blast!! I would strongly recommend this hotel and pool for young children.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your great comments, our pool is a great area for young kids and parents, the Shallow nature of the pool with its very gradual decent makes parents with kids very comfortable that their kids will not get in over their heads. Literally! Thou we do find that guest with a more serious need to swim have taken advantage of our close proximity to the Cindy Klassen Recreation Centre which is only 5 minutes from our hotel, I know it’s not right on site but still very convenient and reasonable for swimming and diving, which you never see a hotel with a diving board in their pool anymore? Thanks again we look forward to your return visits.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed in a standard room with 2 queen beds. It was fine. Although a non smoking area, could smell smoke in our room, although not strong odour. There is a fridge but its located in the bathroom as was the coffeemaker. Found that to be a little odd.
Our daughter and her family had a pool side room which was fine except quite dark as its an inside room, the chlorine odour permeates the room from the pool, the area to sit outside the room is very narrow. The pool however, is great for small children. They had a great time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments on the hotel and pool area. We have been a Non Smoking hotel since 2007. We were one of the first to go completely non-smoking. We just wish that all smoking guests would respect our non-smoking facility; it seems this is an issue on the airline these days too. We hope that you will come back soon.
canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We treated our grandchildren to a day of swimming and waterslides. The pool and slides are perfect for kids 10 and younger but pool too shallow for older kids. The pool was a bit cool on both of the days .Our room was fine for an older hotel,beds comfy and clean.Next time, would probably try a different hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kenora
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel, great proximity to airport, friendly and helpful staff. Had a large room with 2 queen beds and a sitting area with lots of space. Only negative is the walls are very thin and you can hear a lot of hallway noise. Great value, very clean, our regular hotel when heading to the airport.

• Stayed March 2013
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for being a repeat customer, I do hope that you have signed up for our rewards program.
Lynn Lake, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had to stay here as my flight home went mechanical. The airline arranged and paid for the room. Arrived after a seven dollar cab ride from the airport. The check in was quick and efficient. I had a voucher for supper from the airline, I wanted to order room service but I couldn't find any information in the room about it , so I went downstairs, the hotel resturant was closed, and the bar only had appetizers, so I just had an herbal tea to take to. My room. The room was decent, clearly it had been renovated recently but it was off in another hallway nowhere near the front of the hotel. The beds were comfortable. The coffee maker was in the bathroom which I was a little grossed out about. It was very quite there, which is good as my flight was for 630 am. I tried to make coffee and use the hair dryer in the morning, but the plug didn't work, the hair dryer is built in the wall, so I had wet hair. The check out was quick. The shuttle driver was very nice and only took ten to arrive, which is available 24 hours a day which was great. Would I stay there if I was paying, probably not. Not because its a bad hotel, I just think the hotel industry is very competive and there are so many more options out there

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The hotel was okay. We stayed on 2 occasions spaced a week apart.Our first night passing through Winnipeg after checking in the closet elevator to our room was not working, so we had to do the walk about. Room was nice and clean, but the heater/fan was terribly noisy. Nothing could be done about it.
We left to go to supper and noticed that the door did not lock behind us. Maintenance was called and it was corrected. After supper, I asked for some extra coffee for the morn for our room and only one packet was available. Okay, well at least it was one extra.
What I really appreciated was the very quick and free shuttle to the hotel from the airport. It was not a long drive, but sure beats having to call a cab, wait and pay.
As we returned from Churchill, we again stayed in this hotel. The elevator, more than a week later was still not working, and this time we had a longer walk about to our room. When we got into our room, it was freezing. There was no way to make the heater work. I called maintenance. He fiddled around for a while, and then turned the thermostat up to 35. At that point, I knew that we were not getting heat in this room this night. I should have asked to be moved, but we were tired, half undressed, and not wanting to do this.
I would not choose to stay in this hotel again. We did have a meal in the restaurant. It was very noisy when we were there and the food was mediocre.
Well, not my cup of tea - speaking of tea, i again asked for some extra coffee, and after looking and looking, again 1 extra coffee was produced.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very sorry to hear your stay was just Ok. Yes unfortunately we are in the midst of renovating the last of our 3 elevators and it does unfortunately take a bit of time to complete a renovation like this. As for the heater, we would have moved your rooms to eliminate that issue, but I understand once your settled. I hope that you path does cross our hotel again, that we may have another chance to change your mind.

Been to Victoria Inn? Share your experiences!