“Close to airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Victoria Inn

Save Saved
You added Victoria Inn to your Saves list
Victoria Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1808 Wellington Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H 0G3, Canada (St. James Industrial)   |
Ranked #19 of 63 hotels in Winnipeg
Lynn Lake, Canada
“Close to airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had to stay here as my flight home went mechanical. The airline arranged and paid for the room. Arrived after a seven dollar cab ride from the airport. The check in was quick and efficient. I had a voucher for supper from the airline, I wanted to order room service but I couldn't find any information in the room about it , so I went downstairs, the hotel resturant was closed, and the bar only had appetizers, so I just had an herbal tea to take to. My room. The room was decent, clearly it had been renovated recently but it was off in another hallway nowhere near the front of the hotel. The beds were comfortable. The coffee maker was in the bathroom which I was a little grossed out about. It was very quite there, which is good as my flight was for 630 am. I tried to make coffee and use the hair dryer in the morning, but the plug didn't work, the hair dryer is built in the wall, so I had wet hair. The check out was quick. The shuttle driver was very nice and only took ten to arrive, which is available 24 hours a day which was great. Would I stay there if I was paying, probably not. Not because its a bad hotel, I just think the hotel industry is very competive and there are so many more options out there

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2013

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The hotel was okay. We stayed on 2 occasions spaced a week apart.Our first night passing through Winnipeg after checking in the closet elevator to our room was not working, so we had to do the walk about. Room was nice and clean, but the heater/fan was terribly noisy. Nothing could be done about it.
We left to go to supper and noticed that the door did not lock behind us. Maintenance was called and it was corrected. After supper, I asked for some extra coffee for the morn for our room and only one packet was available. Okay, well at least it was one extra.
What I really appreciated was the very quick and free shuttle to the hotel from the airport. It was not a long drive, but sure beats having to call a cab, wait and pay.
As we returned from Churchill, we again stayed in this hotel. The elevator, more than a week later was still not working, and this time we had a longer walk about to our room. When we got into our room, it was freezing. There was no way to make the heater work. I called maintenance. He fiddled around for a while, and then turned the thermostat up to 35. At that point, I knew that we were not getting heat in this room this night. I should have asked to be moved, but we were tired, half undressed, and not wanting to do this.
I would not choose to stay in this hotel again. We did have a meal in the restaurant. It was very noisy when we were there and the food was mediocre.
Well, not my cup of tea - speaking of tea, i again asked for some extra coffee, and after looking and looking, again 1 extra coffee was produced.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very sorry to hear your stay was just Ok. Yes unfortunately we are in the midst of renovating the last of our 3 elevators and it does unfortunately take a bit of time to complete a renovation like this. As for the heater, we would have moved your rooms to eliminate that issue, but I understand once your settled. I hope that you path does cross our hotel again, that we may have another chance to change your mind.
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My mother and I stayed in this hotel for one night during a quick stop over in Winnipeg and needed to fly out at 6:00 am the next day. This hotel is approximately 3 minutes from the airport and is the closest hotel to the airport. We arrived at 6 pm and our check in was smooth and efficient. The hotel was busy with a convention but once we were in the room, it was quiet. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. We also ate in the dining room and we both enjoyed our meals with quick, friendly service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that needed a clean, pleasant experience in Winnipeg and needed access to the airport. Our flight was at 6:15 am the next day and I loved the fact that I was at the check in about 10 minutes after leaving the hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your business we hope you come back again.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I booked the romance package to celebrate our anniversary. Whomever booked from their end missed checking a box, so the extras that came with the room were missed. However, when we brought this to the attention of the front desk they bent over backwards to make it up to us. They removed a significant portion of the bill, bought us a bottle of champagne with supper, as well as dessert. The service was very attentive, and the room was very clean. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments, Everyone wants to get it right 100% of the time and we strive for this too. Unfortunaltey sometimes we make mistakes and we always ask that we have a chance to fix our error. Thank you for giving us a chance to right our wrong.
ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Went to the city for a concert at the MTS Center .After debating where to stay we decided on the Victoria Inn mostly because it was a better rate than something downtown .We have stayed at this hotel several times and find the service great ,rooms clean and the restuarant serves good food at a reasonable price .
Our only obstacle was how to get to the MTS Center and find parking .We finally decided on using a cab to get to and from and as it turned out it was a great idea as it only cost 16 bucks each way .No worry about parking and if you even add the taxi cost to our room it was still cheaper than staying at the Delta .
Overall ,great stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the great perspective, for other travellers, and thank you for your business.
Yorkton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We were recommened to this hotel by our travel agent. The hotel is very close to the airport. We stored our vehicle there for 10 dollars per day which is cheaper then the airport storage. The bellman took you to a locked compound where you can store your vehicle inside an indoor storage compound or an outdoor. We stored outside in a fenced compound. Upon on return the bellman took us back and brushed the snow off our vehicle and assisted in getting it out of the compound. The rooms are very nice, we got an upgraded room and really enjoyed it on our return. The pool was a little on the cooler side, but there was a hottub to warm up in. The air vents are on the noisey side so im not sure how poolside rooms would enjoy that noise up to 22:00. The staff are very friendly and willing to work with you. Only cons i would say is there is no guarantee on the vehicle storage so first come first serve. And there was alot of beer bottles around the grounds, which may have been from a convention party in the hotel I would stay again as it was super close to the airport.

Room Tip: Take a room away from the elevators or near exits to avoid noise, first floor closest to pool is alw...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your business and taking time to provide your comments on our hotel.
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was pleased with my four-day stay. I found a good rate with an on-line agent and the room and hotel were well-worth it. This is the closest hotel to the airport and I think they put in effort at soundproofing; I heard no planes and no trucks, as this area is also a distribution hub. The only sound was late Saturday night when a banquet/party broke up and people were talking in the hallways for a while.

I always worry about the sanitation of some "free" continental breakfasts. This hotel has a nice restaurant; you pay for breakfast, but it is handled by cooks and servers, there's a nice selection and the prices are fair. I had two breakfasts and one dinner.

The front desk staff were unfailingly polite even when there were a number of people checking in or out. This is a busy high-volume place and they seem to have it under control. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate your comments and an honest review of our hotel.

Been to Victoria Inn? Share your experiences!