“Will stay here again!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   690 Notre Dame Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 0L7, Canada (Formerly Maryland Motor Hotel) (Downtown Winnipeg)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2 Trips, 1 Night Free*
Ranked #45 of 64 Hotels in Winnipeg
Saskatoon, Canada
“Will stay here again!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was a little skeptical about the location of this hotel after reading some reviews, but it really isn't that bad. The parking lot is open and well lit. Once inside, the lobby is very nicely renovated, the rooms are clean and also very modern. The staff will bend over backwards to accommodate any request that you may have. The best thing is the cost; I was in town for 4 nights and I save over 200 bucks from the next closest one. There is a busy road adjacent to the hotel and traffic can get noisy, but it didn't affect our sleep at all. Wi-fi is available throughout the hotel which was very nice.

Room Tip: It may be worth getting a room on the south side if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This hotel has nice clean rooms, the king bed and new pillows were very comfortable, the smoking suite had two TV's, an updated bathroom which was very clean, new furniture, good Wi-Fi, and lots of parking, there is a liquor store on the other end of the parking lot. The staff here though is very professional, they were very helpful and friendly. There is a nice lounge with a big screen that has coffee 24 hours a day, and newspapers. There is a half decent breakfast in the morning. They even opened it early for me, as I was awaiting the gold medal hockey game on the sunday morning. All kinds of eating options and Tims closeby. Great value here , on my way back after being up in Riverton , I returned to stay another night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This econo lodge is pretty typical. The room is good, clean, and the bed is comfortable. The neighborhood is a little rough in appearance. We drove to dinner, a 5 minute drive on corydon and that neighborhood is fine. The front desk clerk is outstanding and vrry helpful.

• Stayed September 2013
Thunder Bay, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Boasting flat screen tv's and smoking rooms on the top floor. This hotel is located close to Winnipeg's Health Sciences hospital which is located in the ghetto of Winnipeg. With that being said this hotel provides excellent security and has an excellent bang for the buck. its updated rooms with comfortable beds make for a great nights rest. If you are staying due to health reasons quote the hospital rate and you should be able to stay the night for right around a hundred canadian dollars.

• Stayed August 2013
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I called ahead to make a reservation with these guys, and everything was ready to go when I got there. The room was a little small, but very clean and I had absolutely no complaints about it. The continental breakfast in the morning had many choices and I left happy. I would definitely stay there again. The only two complains I have about the hotel would be first that the hallway to my hotel room had a very strange smell, kind of like cigarette smoke (I was in a no-smoking room) and age. The room didn't smell weird though, so it wasn't that big of a deal. The other complaint that I have is that when I called to book the room, I asked about the charge for pets and I was told that it was $10 per night, and that my grand total would be $95 after taxes and pet charge. When I got there, I was told that the $95 was simply the room rate, and that the pet charge (which is actually $20 and then $10 for any subsequent nights after) and taxes were not part of that total. It was annoying because I specifically asked for the total cost and I ended up paying over $20 more than I thought I was going to. The staff I spoke to in person were very friendly, but whoever answered the phone when I called could use some more training. Either way, I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay there again the next time I'm in Winnipeg.

Room Tip: Rooms are great, I have no tips for picking a good one though!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Minot, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

If your looking for a really comfortable quick stay, then Econo Lodge is the place. We decided to visit Winnipeg and we didn't make any reservation in any place, so we decided to try Econo Lodge. The service was really good and they help us in everything that we need it. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. If you are visiting Winnipeg, then I suggest that you stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Koh Samui
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

For what we paid the hotel was fine. The staff were pleasant, the bathroom was clean, the bed was comfy and there was a huge tv on which to watch Obama winning the election.

Things that weren't so good... the lobby smelt horrible - a slightly damp, toilet-y smell (which was even less good at breakfast) and the rooms had no drinks making facilities or hairdryers and when I asked to borrow a hairdryer in the morning they were all being used.

It's a perfectly functional hotel and served us well for the night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!