“Quite Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Canad Inns Garden City

Canad Inns Garden City
You added Canad Inns Garden City to your Saves list
Canad Inns Garden City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 McPhillips Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba R2V 3T9, Canada   |
Ranked #33 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Regina, Canada
“Quite Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The rooms were immaculant and the front desk and housekeeping staff were very plesant and accommodating. It is very quite in the halls and security is tight. A little disappointed with the restaurant food, it was just warm like it was sitting for a long period of time but there is a good variety of restaurants very close by.

Room Tip: Rooms at back of hotel, west end are right over where they collect garbage and can be noisy first th...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Duane B, General Manager at Canad Inns Garden City, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Good Afternoon Vivian

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at Canad Inns Garden City, and thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did.
We have a great staff here that truly cares about our guest's needs. I am disappointed your visit to the Aaltos restaurant did not meet expectations. I will be sharing your comments with our Chef. If you are joining us in the future I would appreciate the opportunity to treat you and your guests to a meal in Aaltos. i am confident we can go a great job.

Thanks again Vivan and enjoy your summer

Duane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Thompson, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Everything here was wonderful! The staff where helpful,friendly, the rooms where perfect! Clean and very well kept. We were very pleased with the food at the tavern and the restaurant,will be our first choice every trip down to Winnipeg.

• Stayed March 2014
Duane B, General Manager at Canad Inns Garden City, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for your positive comments. As we strive to make sure all of our guest's needs are met, it is always nice to hear that our goals are being achieved. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our fine city. Let's hope the snow is gone by then!!
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

The staff was amazing! I contacted them because as a result of an unexpected situation at work, my husband and I were forced to cancel our winter vacation. We wanted an evening just to relax and unwind in the midst of our cold, cold Winnipeg winter. The king room we were given was incredible, the property as a whole was clean, and the personalized service we received from staff (who were extremely sympathetic to our situation), was second to none. If you're looking for a great hotel, this is it!

Room Tip: You have to experience their deluxe king rooms!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Duane B, General Manager at Canad Inns Garden City, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Donna:

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear about your winter vacation. As all of us Winnipegers can agree, it has been a long winter already. I am glad we were able to give you and your husband a break from it all, even if just one night. We look forward to seeing you again, hopeuflly this time upon your return from a great vacation!
Selkirk, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice a year for the last 5 years. The staff are extremely friendly, cheerful and helpful. The rooms are clean (spotless actually) and well supplied with what is needed for a stay. (Love the coffee)! The beds are comfortable. Not only is the hotel staff outstanding but the restaurant staff are friendly too. Between the hotel staff and the restaurant staff they make a great team for a wonderful stay

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Duane B, General Manager at Canad Inns Garden City, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Leslie:

Thank you for choosing Canad Inns Garden City on such a regular basis, and thank you for your positive feedback. I will be sure to share this with our team leaders so we can in turn share the comments with our staff. We look forward to seeing you in the near futre. Have a great 2014 !!
Dauphin, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Canad Inn's rooms has everything ,coffee maker, microwave, fridge, flat screen TV and a very good wireless connection. I've stayed at this location with my work anywhere from two weeks to a month at a time for the last seven years and it is consistent all the time. The rooms are always clean, the staff are friendly. I must say this location is very accommodating. Several years ago I had a Medical appointment in Winnipeg (broken foot with a cast and crutches) the staff were to put me in a room on the ground floor close to the east exit and help me with my luggage.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Duane B, General Manager at Canad Inns Garden City, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Mr.Cameraguy :

I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. As in any business, being consistently good is a goal we alwasy strive for. I am pleased to hear we have achieved that with your stays. I am also pleased to hear that our staff listened to your needs and were able to make your hosipital visit as pleasant as it could be. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the future. Bring your Camera!
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Wow. We were attending a wedding and decided to book a room. The staff at this hotel were over the top. Smiles and what can we do were the norm. The wedding went great, fun had by all and the food was great.. We slipped out to the Tavern between meal and speech and didn't want to leave. The Jets were on the big screens and the beer was cheap! Back to the wedding and then off to the room. if you get the chance ask for the third floor. The room was awesome. We will be back, long before a wedding. Thank you Canad Inns !!

Room Tip: no fitness centre or spa just got carried away !!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Duane B, General Manager at Canad Inns Garden City, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Lisa. Thank you for your kind words. I often only hear the negatives and it is great to hear some positive feedback as well. The staff here are the most upbeat and positve group I have been around. I will pass on your comments to all. Thank you for choosing Canad Inns Garden City and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Thompson, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The room was very well appointed, large, comfortable and very clean with the best bed I have ever slept in. So comfy we didn't want to leave it! The room came equipped with microwaves and a bar fridge which was very convenient for my family.
The staff was super friendly and very accomodating. The staff meets a large volume of people with different personalities but not once did I see any grumpy staff. All smiles; all the time.
I would definitely recommend your hotel to everyone that asks where to stay in Winnipeg!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Duane B, General Manager at Canad Inns Garden City, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Canad Inns Garden City. I will certainly pass on your positive comments to our staff. I can say with all honesty this is the best group of people I have had an opportunity to work with and it is great to see that their hard work is being recognized. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you and your family in the future.

Been to Canad Inns Garden City? Share your experiences!