“Searching for a Hotel...Go no further!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Canad Inns Garden City

Canad Inns Garden City
You added Canad Inns Garden City to your Saves list
Canad Inns Garden City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 McPhillips Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba R2V 3T9, Canada   |
Ranked #36 of 64 Hotels in Winnipeg
Thompson, Canada
“Searching for a Hotel...Go no further!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The room was very well appointed, large, comfortable and very clean with the best bed I have ever slept in. So comfy we didn't want to leave it! The room came equipped with microwaves and a bar fridge which was very convenient for my family.
The staff was super friendly and very accomodating. The staff meets a large volume of people with different personalities but not once did I see any grumpy staff. All smiles; all the time.
I would definitely recommend your hotel to everyone that asks where to stay in Winnipeg!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Duane B, General Manager at Canad Inns Garden City, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Canad Inns Garden City. I will certainly pass on your positive comments to our staff. I can say with all honesty this is the best group of people I have had an opportunity to work with and it is great to see that their hard work is being recognized. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you and your family in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Spruce Grove, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Canad Inns Garden City is one of the best hotels I have stayed in so far. I stayed on the 3rd floor. The staff (especially Wendy, Paolo and Francis) are super nice and welcoming. The hotel has everything you can ask for (Pool, Restaurant, Bars, Casino, Liquor Store), its very clean and well looked after by the staff. Thank you Canada Inns Garden City!!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor has very nice rooms!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My spouse and I stayed at the Canad inns garden city for one night in July. The room was large, comfortable,clean with the best bed I have ever slept in. The room came equipped with microwaves and a bar fridge which was very convenient for my family. We had a great experience in both tavern and altos. Playmakers was a lot of fun. The new vlt machines are very addictive. The staff took the time to make sure all our needs were addressed in a polite and courteous manner. I mentioned to the staff that the beds were fantastic and they informed us they were upgrading all rooms with new beds. I will most definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Vermilion Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

After a long and tiring day in the "city" for medical appointments we discovered it was not an easy thing to find a room in Winnipeg! After several fruitless tries we ended up at the Cana Inns Garden City facility.....
Our room was beautiful....the service great.
I've never seen so many smiling faces at a hotel!
Next morning we went for breakfast....and again smiling faces everywhere....
Will we recommend Garden City? You betcha!
Will we go back....YES!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Duane B, General Manager at Canad Inns Garden City, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Judith, thank you for your kind words. I will pass them on to the staff. A very important part of our company Mission Statement is "families serving families". It is great to see that our family here at Canad Inns Garden City were able to take care of your family. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The rooms were large and clean. Our room had a king bed, fireplace, desk, couch, fridge, microwave, large tv. The staff were friendly and helpful. It also has a pool with water slide, hot tub nd kiddie pool. The restaurant was reasonably priced and had daily buffets. I would stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thompson, Manitoba, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at the hotel on the 29th & 30th of March, 2013. I accidentally left my engagement ring in the room for 3 hours while we went shopping etc. Got back and the ring was gone, spoke with front desk, manager and housecleaners. We went through garbage bags, vacuum cleaner bag & waited on laundry as the house keepers apparently changed linen. No ring was found!! Left sunday and was told that they would strip the room. I made police report and still waiting from response from manager about the stripping of the room. I am very upset someone there has sticky fingers.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Duane B, General Manager at Canad Inns Garden City, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Joyce: It is very unfortunate that you ring has gone missing. As i mentioned during our conversation yesterday, I have been kept informed of the situation starting the moment that you realized you did not have your ring. We are doing everyting we can to locate your ring, including going through the garbages, vaccum bags, laundry and the room itself. As i also mentioned during our conversation that we have our VP of security working with the WPS to investigate and will do everyting we can to locate your ring. I am not sure it is fair to conclude that it is a member of our staff until the police have finished their investigation. We have not had a single concern with theft from a guest room during my time at this property. I can assure you we will continue to search for the ring and will keep you informed of any updates we have.

Duane Borton
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel just prior to spring break and they were having trouble with the internet in certain parts of the hotel. They upgraded us (at no extra charge) to a more spacious and luxurious room just so we could easily access the internet! Excellent customer service! Food was great in the restaurant; very clean hotel and lots of security so you feel very safe.

Room Tip: Kids themes room are awesome!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Canad Inns Garden City? Share your experiences!