“Couldn't get any better!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of White Horse Escape Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winnipeg
White Horse Escape Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added White Horse Escape Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
75 Caron Drive, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 17 Winnipeg B&B and Inns
Seminole, Florida
“Couldn't get any better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We loved this B&B! It couldn't have been any nicer. The room was perfect, large and well decorated, the bed was comfortable, the bath was great, the hosts were super friendly and the breakfast was AMAZING! Anyone who stays here will be very pleased! I guarantee it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I booked this fantastic B&B for my husband's birthday for an overnight stay. Sheila & Jim did not disappoint as very gracious & accommodating hosts. The location is just outside winnipeg, Manitoba on the scenic Assinaboine River with a lovely walk to a bench to sit & enjoy the river. The room had a lovely view of the river as well with a great private balcony. We had a delicious dinner & breakfast cooked by Jim, complementary beverages. An amazing show of a variety of colourful birds to watch from the dining room as well as the deck where the hot tub & screened in gazebo also were situated. They also offered bicycles, horseshoe games, pool table. Also Jim is an artist; potter & painter. Sheila is also delightful. Store for amenities minutes away. All in all a very enjoyable stay, we would go back & recommend to our friends.

Room Tip: The room with the balcony overlooking the river was delightful, spacious with tv & pvr with movi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Alfred, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This B&B is located in St. Francois Xavier (a short drive from Winnipeg). Luxurious accomodations worthy of a 5 star rating (but my wife says should be 10 star). Room overlooked an oxbow of the Assiniboine river. Eagles and a huge variety of birds feeding right outside the window. The is both spotless and gorgeous. Large pool table near entrance. Luxurious bedding and towels. Terry robes also provided. Breakfast was superb and any leftover was provided for continued travel (we had fresh banana bread). Serene peaceful setting. Advance booking is strongly recommended because they are in high demand. A huge thank you to our hosts Jim and Sheila for an experience we will cherish always.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kamloops
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

What a wonderful place to stay! Sheila and Jim are wonderful hosts. A very peaceful place to wind down after being on the road all day. Great bed and a gourmet breakfast that a five star restaurant could not top. Thanks for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This B and B never fails to please. The peace and quiet are wonderful. The bedroom and bathroom are spotless. The view of the oxbow lake is serene, with eagles nesting and a constant variety of other waterfowl. We requested supper for our stay, and we were treated to a meal that was worthy of a fine restaurant. The meals are creative, fresh and tasty, and more than ample in quantity. We were sent home with a few extra muffins from breakfast, and some tasty reminders of the Mediterranean chicken - delicious! Sheila and Jim are exceptional hosts, intelligent and articulate. The conversation never lags. This is the second time my wife and I have stayed at this location, and we will definitely return. It is just a few minutes from the city, but it is a wonderfully secluded location. So much better than a hotel! 5 out of 5 stars.

Room Tip: The hot tub is wonderful - don't miss the opportunity to go in for a dip.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This past Christmas, my husband and I stayed 13 nights at Whitehorse Escape B &B. Everything about being there is wonderful. Sheila and Jim are an amazing host couple and their home is charming. The West room is like a dream to come home to in the Winnipeg winter. Breakfasts are delicious.Our family is moving away from Winnipeg , but we shall always remember winter in Jim and Sheila's home and the interesting conversations we shared. This is the perfect place to stay !

Room Tip: Choose the West room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Pordenone, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I have found that when visiting the lovely city of Winnipeg no other place will do. It has to be the White Horse Escape B&B. I have stayed twice now once with my best friend for a ladies get away and a second with my husband for a romantic getaway, and both times my hosts Jim and Sheila blew me away. I first stayed in May during the rainy season when it was green and all the flowers were in bloom. There beautiful deck and gazebo make for perfect bird watching or relaxing outdoors for a real "away from the city" experience. I also stayed on Valentines day where they really went above and beyond to make the stay for my husband and I have a real romantic feel with truffles and roses waiting in out rooms which was fantastic with the snow outside and the electronic fire place in the cozy room. So perfect. They also were happy to entertain and visit with us before we went out for the night. So welcoming and down to earth. They also are close to the the city (about 20 mins) which is ideal for going to town for the day sight seeing and getting a quiet and relaxing place to stay at the end of the day. I have to admit my favorite part about both stays was the next mornings breakfast. Jim is one heck of a cook and makes breakfast a more eloquent and gourmet than your traditional eggs and bacon. It was incredible. I cant say enough about what a wonderful place this is for any kind of get away. I cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: I have stayed in both rooms and they are both lovely but I have to say the room with the balcony is...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to White Horse Escape Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!