“Simply Amazing! Excellent for couples or friends” 5 of 5 stars
Review of White Horse Escape Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winnipeg
White Horse Escape Bed and Breakfast
You added White Horse Escape Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
75 Caron Drive, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 17 Winnipeg B&B and Inns
Chatan-cho, Japan
“Simply Amazing! Excellent for couples or friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I have found that when visiting the lovely city of Winnipeg no other place will do. It has to be the White Horse Escape B&B. I have stayed twice now once with my best friend for a ladies get away and a second with my husband for a romantic getaway, and both times my hosts Jim and Sheila blew me away. I first stayed in May during the rainy season when it was green and all the flowers were in bloom. There beautiful deck and gazebo make for perfect bird watching or relaxing outdoors for a real "away from the city" experience. I also stayed on Valentines day where they really went above and beyond to make the stay for my husband and I have a real romantic feel with truffles and roses waiting in out rooms which was fantastic with the snow outside and the electronic fire place in the cozy room. So perfect. They also were happy to entertain and visit with us before we went out for the night. So welcoming and down to earth. They also are close to the the city (about 20 mins) which is ideal for going to town for the day sight seeing and getting a quiet and relaxing place to stay at the end of the day. I have to admit my favorite part about both stays was the next mornings breakfast. Jim is one heck of a cook and makes breakfast a more eloquent and gourmet than your traditional eggs and bacon. It was incredible. I cant say enough about what a wonderful place this is for any kind of get away. I cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: I have stayed in both rooms and they are both lovely but I have to say the room with the balcony is...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Killarney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

First I would love to start off by saying, Jim and Sheila were great hosts! Their home was beautiful and homey! The scenery was amazing as well. We stayed in the West Room with the awesome view of the Assiniboine oxbow, and may I add, the approx. 3000 Canada geese that landed and stayed all night. Although our room had a great balcony, it was a bit too cold to enjoy it, unfortunately. We did enjoy the use of their hot tub to take in the brisk night. Their provided breakfasts were very good, plus we stayed in for the delicious dinner on the second night of our stay! Jim and Sheila are excellent hosts, and now good friends! Definitely would recommend and we will book and stay again! Bob and Sue

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Our two-night stay at White Horse Escape was a wonderful respite following our exhausting overnight flight into Winnipeg. Our private veranda of the West Room gave us a beautiful and very restful view of the Assiniboine River. As if on command following our arrival, we enjoyed an awesome sunset display of hundreds of migrating geese swirling overhead and landing in the river before us. Our gracious hosts Sheila and Jim were very knowledgeable and full of great suggestions for things to do; they even provided us a complimentary guest pass to FortWhyte Alive which gained us free all-day entry into this wonderful wildlife refuge nearby.

Jim is a fabulous chef; our scrumptious breakfasts were made to order; and the menu always included fresh vegetables from their garden. We thoroughly enjoyed our spacious, well-appointed room; and very much appreciated the wall-mounted electric fireplace in our room! We are glad we found this place outside of busy Winnipeg, and give it our highest recommendation!

Alexandria, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My fiance and I loved every minute of our stay at White Horse Escape B&B. This was our first bed and breakfast experience, and our hesitations were quickly put at ease. Jim and Sheila were warm, welcoming, and eager to offer help or suggestions for our visit to Winnipeg, but, above all, offered us our privacy. They really have knowing just when to slip out of the room down to an art. Sheila was willing to go out of her way to find out the best rated sushi joint in town, and text me the address after we headed to the city! We rented the room facing the river, and it was such a beautiful view. The room was very clean and modern, but still made you feel at home. Actually, I would almost describe the experience as being at a favorite aunt and uncle's home, where you were free to come and go as you pleased.

And have I mentioned the breakfasts? Blew my mind. Five-star quality, made by Jim, with vegetables from their garden. The whole stay was such a much-needed nourishing experience. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The west room has a great view of the river, but can be very noisy when the hundreds (yes, I said hu...
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed three nights and never saw the other couple who stayed for one of those. Easy drive in to the city, yet far enough out that you can see the stars from the hot tub. Jim and Sheila are very nice and will let you know what all there is to do, places to eat, etc. Jim's homemade breakfast hits the spot every time. Excellent price and experience. Will stay again if we ever get back up to Winnipeg.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I wanted to celebrate our first wedding anniversary away from the city life. This was our first B&B experience and definitely did not disappoint! Supper and breakfast we're absolutely delicious - fresh fruits and vegetables from their garden! The room was absolutely wonderful, large windows, beautiful garden. Jim and Sheila were wonderful hosts, very warming and welcoming! I've recommended this B&B to my sister and friends of mine! Very wonderful experience! Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Morden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

A visit here is like visiting a little piece of being in the country. The birds and scenery is amazing. I have stayed here with a friend annualy for years. Jim and Sheila are like visiting friends. Conversations with them are always interesting. They are there when you need them; however they give you the space you need to visit or relax. The West room is simply amazing. It is a large area with a gas fireplace, TV, sitting area, on suite bathroom and a deck that overlooks the river. Feel like a hot soak. The hot tub is large and very comfortable. Feel like being outside - have a relaxing time in the beautiful Gazebo. The breakfast is amazing!!! There is a lot to eat and the food is divine. Jim really tries to make something that you will enjoy. We have never been disappointed. The supper (additional cost) is well worth the money. All of the meals give your tastebuds an amazing treat. The food is much better than a restaurant. The atmosphere is one in which you can comfortably visit. You can play pool, exchange reading ideas with Sheila :} , relax in the living room or go for a bike ride around Saint Francois Xavier. I can hardly wait until we return. Don't miss out on a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: The West room is amazing!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to White Horse Escape Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!