“A Must Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of White Horse Escape Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winnipeg
White Horse Escape Bed and Breakfast
You added White Horse Escape Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
75 Caron Drive, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 17 Winnipeg B&B and Inns
Sainte-Rose-du-Lac, Manitoba, Canada
“A Must Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My girl friend and I meet annually at the White Horse to have a getaway.Our 4th stay has once again been an uplifting experience. Jim and Sheila welcome us each time with open arms. The breakfasts far exceed any restaurant. The optional suppers are fantastic. The wonderful river view, flower gardens, and great company make this an experience no one should miss. I reccomend this B&B a thousand times over.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at White Horse Escape and it's one of the nicest B&Bs I've ever stayed in. Sheila & Jim are just wonderful! I had such a good and relaxing time with them. Their house and the guest rooms are tastefully decorated, spacious, light and inviting (and spotlessly clean). Just perfect! The garden is gorgeous and so is the food. It's the best B&B breakfast I've ever had! Just delicious! I hope to return next year and I hope to keep in contact with Sheila & Jim. It's a real treat to stay at White Horse Escape - and it's more than excellent value!

Room Tip: Both rooms are great but if you have to change, then book the one with the balcony overlooking the r...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My sister and I stayed here for several days when she (sis) came from BC for a visit. We don't often get a chance to visit with each other and it was hard to relax in the city which is where we were for the first few days of her visit. Once we arrived at White Horse Escape we immediately felt at ease and were able to be ourselves. Jim and Sheila are wonderful hosts and made us very comfortable. They were also very accommodating of our dietary restrictions - we dined fantastically every morning on gluten-free (and for me dairy-free) fare! The area surrounding White Horse Escape is beautiful. There were birds everywhere and we especially enjoyed our glimpses of the bald eagle swooping over the river looking for fish. We cycled, we walked, we hot-tubbed, we bird-watched and binged on Property Brothers (our favorite show). I could have stayed indefinitely and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
hilton head
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

White Horse was a out a bit from the city but close to loop road for easy access. Room was wonderful. Great view and lots of room. Porch was an option for relaxation when Mosquitos were not out. Hosts were delightful. We invited them to visit us when they come to the states this Winter. We enjoyed conversations at breakfast both mornings. They were very knowledgeable of Winnipeg and offered great recommendations for places to see. They were also helpful in suggestions for our trip further West. Food was very good. Asparagus Omelet was first rate. We hope to get back this way and White Horse Escape will be our first choice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
The Pas, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the White Horse Escape for two nights in May of 2013. This was our first B&B experience and it was wonderful. I had apprehensions about staying in someone's home, but Jim and Sheila put me at ease from the moment we arrived. They have a natural talent for hosting.

The home and grounds are clean and inviting, and offer many wildlife viewing opportunities. Interior spaces have tremendous natural light - a really nice design touch. Our room with attached bathroom was very comfortable and private (we stayed in the west room which has a balcony overlooking the river).

Due to the nature of our visit we did not get a chance to take advantage of many things that the White Horse Escape offers (hot tub, fire place, inviting outdoor spaces etc.). We will definitely have to return on a more leisurely trip so we can spend a day or two relaxing in the yard. We had two outstanding breakfasts - next trip we will definitely opt in for the suppers.

We have recommended the White Horse Escape to our friends, and we plan to return.

Room Tip: Check online sources for photos of the interior and pick according to your tastes - for me it is wes...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Out in Winnipeg for 7 weeks for film industry work and it was such a haven to come home to this B&B every night. Jim and Sheila are awesome hosts, very interesting people, and the food was top-notch. Far enough from the city that we were able to kick back and enjoy the quiet while close enough we could easily commute into the city when necessary. Definitely recommend the White Horse Escape to anyone coming to Winnipeg area, or even someone who just wants to get out of the city for a night or two. Thanks so much, Jim and Sheila, miss you guys already.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Jane and I had a wonderfully relaxing get-away at your place. Thanks for being such great hosts. Food, company, advice, hospitality were all over the top!! We stayed here during the winter and I was worried that it might be drafty but no -- quite toasty and comfortable!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to White Horse Escape Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!