“More than just desserts” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dessert Sinsations Cafe

Dessert Sinsations Cafe
505 St. Mary Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (Downtown Winnipeg)
+1 204-284-4661
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Ajax, Canada
“More than just desserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The name can easily mislead you into thinking that you should come here for dessert. Dessert would be your highlight, as there are many undoubtedly delicious desserts on display. The Banana Caramel Cheesecake was excellent, as was the coffee that I had with it. Neither it nor the Lemon Lemon Torte were too sweet or heavy, ideal after our dinner entrées. We both chose the special of the day, fish tacos with a vegetable and chorizo soup. The fish was pan fried in butter, with just a bit of salt and pepper on it, delicious on its own. The tacos were delicious as well, with or without the fish. The entrées were on the smaller side and a bit pricey (quality over quantity), but they did leave room for us to have dessert. Overall, the meal was lovely. Service was very friendly and even remained nicely attentive as the restaurant filled to capacity. I would go back, but probably just for dessert.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Victoria
“Good food and nice selection of desserts.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

My mother, friend and I had a delicious lunch with excellent service before we headed over to the Winnipeg Art Gallery. 2nd time I was there, and just as good as the first time.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Spruce Grove, Canada
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This wonderful cafe exceeded our expectations, from the food to the service to the ambience. The veggie burger was incredibly flavorful with the white aged cheddar and mushrooms enhancing the veggie patty. My partner had the eggs benny, and it was very delicious! We will be devoted regulars now. No room for desert, but next time...

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winnipeg, Canada
“Loved the cheesecake!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Very nice place. Lots of variety of desserts and liked that there was some gluten free options as I have a few friends with an allergy to gluten. Will for sure bring them there sometime soon.

Visited March 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
“Perfect ending to a birthday celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I took my best friend here at the end of her 30th birthday celebration day that included lunch, spa, and dinner.

I made a reservation and I'm glad I did - it was very busy when we arrived around 7:30pm on a Saturday night and it sounded like we may not have gotten in right away. We were only coming for coffee/dessert so the service wasn't overly spectacular but we also weren't ordering meals so they didn't need to wait on us as much.

Cake selections were delicious and there were LOTS to choose from. They even had diabetic choices. Overall a great experience and I will definitely return.

This place is a lively busy place and has a great atmosphere but not necessarily a great place for quiet intimate conversations, just FYI.

• Visited February 2013