“Definitely one of the best breakfasts anywhere!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Bakeries
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Winnipeg, Canada
“Definitely one of the best breakfasts anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Breakfast at Stella's is always a treat! Our usual time is Saturday morning at around 10:30 or 11:00. Yes, it's crowded, and yes, we do have to wait. But it's worth it. You get to stand in line and ponder the possibilities and then, suddenly, it's your turn and you have to decide fast! I always end up having the same thing: cheese omelet with whole grain toast. I love the berry jam as much as anything else on my plate! And they make really good lattes too! It's always plenty to eat, looks great, and is healthy. They're really nice about substitutions and special requests. Also, sit by the outside window. It's fun to enjoy the sun and to watch the outside world go by while you're eating!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
“Too crowded”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The tables in Stella's are so close together that you feel as though you are dining with strangers. I have found this to be true of other Stella's locations also. I also find it expensive for a breakfast destination. I haven't tried it for lunch or dinner. Count on line-ups to get in also. I can't understand why.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Winnipeg, Man. Canada
“Food is consistent, fresh and yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stellas is a great place to go for breakfast or lunch... even dinner as you can get a glass of wine. The portions are generous and there is a fair amt. of variety. The food is always fresh and service friendly.
The only downside is because of the popularity of the restaurant, you may need to wait and it can be quite noisy as it is pretty much always full, especially in the morning, early afternoon.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winnipeg, Canada
“Stella's on Sherbrooke”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were there on a Sunday after a concert. Place was packed. I had the beef chili, which was very good. Vegetable chili came out cold. Fish taco was OK. Service was not great. Server just put everything (including silver) at the end of the table, & expected us to serve ourselves. Although I liked the chili, not sure if I would go back. A pleasant server makes the world of difference.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Forman, North Dakota
“Fantastic Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I had breakfast at Stella's on a Saturday. It was busy but the waitstaff was not overwhelmed. I ordered the Mexican breakfast. The portion was more than enough, and it was very flavorful. My boyfriend had the pancake breakfast, everything on his plate was wonderful as well. We also ordered some baked goods, all of which I would recommend. This was the best breakfast I had on my vacation in Winnipeg, I would like to try something off the lunch menu on my next visit.

• Visited November 2013