“Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 116 restaurants in Brandon
Unionville, Michigan
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Had a large group and they found us a nice spot and were good to the kids. Food was great. Close walking distance to the CanadInn and Keystone Center.

Visited July 2013

65% Recommend
London, Ontario, Canada
“How's your food?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The food was okay, but our server would come back every 5-10 minutes to check on something. Was there with a business client late at night, and she would ask everything she could - we just wanted her to go away. Besides that it was great, try the dessert shots!

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Haliburton, Canada
“Good tasting food but not for the health-conscious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have eaten at this Applebee's a few times. There is a nice variety of flavours that come together in this one restaurant. Some of the southwest food is a nice treat that is not easy to find elsewhere. The place is always busy so I guess that implies that people like it. The atmosphere is upbeat but the service can be very slow if it's busy.

While waiting for our orders to come my son pulled out his smart phone and looked up the nutrition information for the meals we had ordered. WOW, if most of us knew what we were eating. Many of the meals exceeded the total daily allowance of sodium, calories and fat! That doesn't stop me from eating there once in awhile but be aware that the food can be extremely calorie-laden.

Most dishes served to our table were enjoyed and found to be excellent. But personally I was disappointed in the ribs, a house specialty. I have had ribs at other Applebee's, mainly in the southern U.S., and I found that the ones served here were inferior - smaller, tougher and with less flavour. Maybe that was a one-time issue.

Another oddity about Applebee's - the serving staff never seem to know what the exact price of the alcoholic drinks is. I had answers like "it should be around $6.00" or "I'm not sure, I would have to go and check". I don't know what's with that but the menus are not clear about price and the servers are less so.

None-the-less, Applebee's offers a menu and atmosphere that sometimes hits the mark and I will continue to go there when the mood strikes. The prices are quite reasonable, especially if you can order from the limited 2-for-$25 menu.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Disapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have been to Applebee's in other cities and it was always good but Brandon's location wasn't up to par, the food was cold and the service was, well there was no service and when the waitress did come by she was wearing dirty cloths that looked like they hadn't been washed in a while.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Petersfield
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very friendly staff and food was great tasting. Portions could be a little larger.restaurant was extremely busy but got seat quickly and food was served shortly thereafter

Visited May 2013