“Rude Owners” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sausalito Beachside B&B

Sausalito Beachside B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in White Rock
Sausalito Beachside B&B
Save Saved
You added Sausalito Beachside B&B to your Saves list
1185 Oxford Street, White Rock, British Columbia V4B3P5, Canada   |
Ranked #11 of 16 White Rock B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Rude Owners”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

I work in the White rock area, I parked in their public pay lot and paid for 7 hours, I was unable to leave work right away to plug the meter some more. I got there about 2.5 hours after my ticket expired, just assuming that I would have to pay a fine. THEY TOWED MY CAR AWAY.
I found out that they had phoned the tow company after 1 hour of my ticket being expired.
then it was towed about 1.5 hours after the ticket expired. At the time my car was towed I owed them about $3-$4 dollars. IT COST ME $150 DOLLARS JUST TO GET IT BACK.

I called and spoke with the owners and they hung up, wouldn't provide their names or their company name. I can easily say that this is they operate on all levels.

When I finally got a conversation with the owner, Jackelyn Yearsley , I asked why don't you issue tickets and she mentioned that they don;t have the power to do that, and she asked what else could they do about people have expired tickets or trying to park for free.
She mentioned that towing is the only way to set an example to people not to forgot to plug more money into the machines.
White Rock is mostly tourists, setting an example is not change anything.

Sausalito is bitter and fed up with the parking lot and tows anybody at will, dont like it , then DON'T BE IN THE BUSINESS!

I would warn all tourists to stay away from their private parking lot at Vidal & Victoria, and stick to the city parking and the valet parking.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Couples
Abbotsford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2004

We went to the Sausalito B&B for a couple nights right after our wedding, before our true honeymoon in June 2002. The place was really nice, a stone's throw from the beach, and they did not skimp out on the interior decoration at all. This was our first time to a B&B and did not know what to expect. Apparently it was still a litle in the off-season and that kind of showed. The main woman who ran it was not around and some of the factors from that showed. We were treated fine, no problem there, but things like the jacuzzi no working, and the shower leaking everywhere made this two nighter less than great. Which is too bad because the place is a great location, nice building, and the food was decent as well. I am not giving this a bad review, but i think that if this place was running on a cylinders it would have been a top-notch place. So go, but make sure it is high season.

Been to Sausalito Beachside B&B? Share your experiences!