“Difficult walk from Gondola, tubing just ok” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 19 Attractions in Whistler
Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Feel the wind in your face as you cruise down our exhilarating tubing hill. Located in the Base 2 Zone on Blackcomb Mountain, the Coca-Cola Tube Park offers great fun for the young and the young at heart. There's no skill or equipment required - just a sense of adventure and a desire for excitement. Lanes are 1000' and a state-of-the-art conveyor lift makes travelling to the top a breeze. Primary access via the Excalibur Gondola.
Bellevue, Washington, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Difficult walk from Gondola, tubing just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Kids need to be above 36" to tube so if you have very young children they won't be able to tube. We walked from the gondola to the tube park with a 2 & 4 year old and it is a really difficult walk across a busy ski run and up very slippery stairs. Then there was an outdoor fireplace where my son and I had to wait while my husband took our 4 year old daughter tubing. This may be a great option for those with older children. Just try to go when it is not too busy so you don't have to wait so long for a tube or in line. I think there is a parking lot so we may try to drive if we decide to go this time around.

Visited January 2011

Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Wouldn't do it again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Lack of staff and lack of runs open made it confusing when you arrived and slow going. The staff who were there were very pleasant and fun despite the blasting cold day. They need someone to usher people into the park and organize the flow of tubes to new comers.

Visited December 2011
Seattle
“Fun for the whole family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

The best tube park ever.
Best part is the length and varieties of the runs.
Worst part is the walk from the chairlift to the tube park. You have to avoid skiers and snowboarders.
Try to get a newer tube, they slide much better.

Visited December 2010
Whistler, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“Yeeha!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011 via mobile

My son and I paid for a 2 hour session one sunny afternoon and we had a great time!!! Although there is a walk to the travelator which takes you to the top of the hill it doesn't take too long and if you're keen then you're able to achieve quite a number of descents!!! Lane 7 is a single lane and was incredibly fast and so much fun, lane 5 we were able to go down together and I've never laughed and screamed so
much!!! As long as you choose your time to visit wisely it's great value for money and a hugely entertaining way to spend 2hours!!

Coquitlam, Canada
“$25 for one tube ride down the hill, and lousy customer service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

This attraction was way oversold - $25 (incl. tax) for 1 person/2 hours - took one hour to get the tube, then another to line up to go up the hill, stand in line, and go down the hill once - then time was up! When my daughters returned back and told me, I went back to the ticket stand the next day to explain what happened. They in no way acknowledged the situation, and told me flat out that they don't give refunds. Then I explained the situation again, and I was offered a gift card, but since the girls paid cash and this was their savings from their allowance, I thought they deserved cash in return. I had to ask them whether their website and advertising meant to convey that children would get one ride down the hill for $25. The supervisor there wouldn't talk to me, but did finally call Guest Relations who authorized a cash refund. Thankfully I was provided with this, but instead of receiving an apology for the bad experience the girls had, I was sternly told that the girls should have come back for a refund themselves when they saw that the line up was long (like this was their fault?). This business should take accountability not to sell tickets when the supply can't keep up with the demand, or at least tell people what the odds are of being able to tube down the hill before they buy the ticket. In my books, this is a high class ski resort, and this particular instance was far below the standard of customer service that we have come to expect from this area. Next time we'll tube at Cypress Mountain.