“The Best Way to See the Mountain!” 5 of 5 stars

$36*
and up
Ranked #2 of 89 Activities in Whistler
More attraction details
Owner description: A year-round operation, Ziptrek Ecotours is the North American pioneer of zipline tours. We offer an entertaining combination of high-wire adventure and ecological exploration.Soar between Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains on Whistler’s most popular zipline adventure. A total of 10 ziplines are joined by suspension bridges and platforms over 150’ high in the tree canopy. Choose from 2 zipline tours and then fly through the ancient rainforest on the ride of a lifetime!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
26 attraction reviews
“The Best Way to See the Mountain!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Not for the faint of heart, but not the most physically challenging either. Wow, as soon as I finished I wanted to do it all over again! It was such a rush, but in the most amazing senic setting. The guides were very helpful and informative concerning the whole whistler area wilderness. Not to large a group as well. Safety really wasn't an issue in any way either. Plus the cost was certainly worth it!

Visited August 2012
WarrickH, Director of Marketing at Ziptrek Ecotours, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear thunderfan7777,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write your review of Ziptrek, we truly appreciate the effort and insight that it provides other readers.

I was pleased to read that you had such a positive experience, and I would concur - it is a great way to see the Mountains!

Manchester, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“As amazing as the photos make it look”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Most things don't live up to the hype, but this does.

5 of us did this on our skiing rest day and loved every minute. Our guides were friendly, funny, full of information and clearly well trained. Some of us were quite nervous but they were good at putting everyone at ease and though they were fun, they took their safety procedures seriously.

We did the Eagle tour, which starts with a shorter line to ease you in. After that it's chocks away. One of the lines was several km long, and the view was incredible. I can't think of many ways to see the valley in such a direct and easily accessible way - short of growing wings!

There were some short (and lovely) walks between each line - one high up in the trees! - and our guides told us about the local fauna and wildlife; we even got to see some bear claw marks one one tree.

The zip-line literally ends in Whistler village.
Highly recommended!

Dear Sty1er,

I just wanted to send a quick note to thank you for writing your review of Ziptrek - much appreciated. Very pleased to read that we "lived up to the hype" in your eyes, and delivered an experience that hopefully provided you with a lasting memory of Whistler.

Richmond, Canada
8 attraction reviews
“The experience was amazing and the view...aaah, breathtaking.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Background:
Went here in April 2013 for the noontime trip for my father's 50th birthday!
It was during the Whistler Snowboard and Ski Festival, so Whistler Village was very busy. There were 8 people on the Bear Tour we were on.

Experience:
Having checked out the Tree Trek Tour before, I didn't hesitate at all to go with Ziptrek. They are a sustainable and responsible organization.

The Bear Tour is deemed to be less intense compared to the Eagle Tour. According to their website, the Bear Tour has "five incredible ziplines joined by a network of suspension bridges, boardwalks and trails. Stunning aerial vistas over Fitzsimmons Creek complete your eco-adventure. This tour is perfect for families, groups, and those who have never ziplined before."

Perfect! The experience was amazing and the view...aaah, breathtaking. Although it was snowing in the morning that we did the tour, by the time we went the sky was clear blue. This is one of those activities where the view would look glorious, snow or sunshine. Even when it rains, I'm sure the experience and the view would be exhilarating. Being suspended 180 feet above ground is such a thrilling experience -- being alone with nature for a mere 20-30 seconds each time is...unforgettable.

The only scary part is really stepping down from the footsteps, and the last step, well, missing. Then, away you go, fearless as you can be as the view takes over your fear and next thing you know, it's over anyway...until the next line. They allow you to take a point and shoot camera with you, just not an SLR so make sure you bring one!

There were 5 ziplines, although the first one was a "trial" one, just at the foot of the mountain, by the snowboarders and skiers overlooking the Village. I see why this is important, to get the participants used to the experience. The next ziplines were with nature, and allow you to cross from Blackcomb Mountain to Whistler Mountain. Plus, on the fifth and final line, they teach you how to do a backflip! Wish they told us from the beginning :)

Through your ziplining, you'd also be exposed to nature talks, guided by two (we had two anyway, not sure if that's the same for all of the other tours) informative, charming and helpful Ziptrek experts.

Verdict:
Book through Whistler's website (http://whistlerblackcomb…) to get a discount.

The experience was epic and definitely one to make you feel proud of yourself. I am usually afraid of heights but the scenery made me forget about it. I totally recommend this experience. I felt very safe on the ziplines and the guides made me feel very comfortable. Plus, they could easily retrieve you if you get stuck (it runs on gravity), if you're too lightweight.

They weren't able to send a photographer to our trip, unfortunately, I was really looking forward to that...and I would've docked a mark but it wasn't such a big deal as I had camera with me to take epic shots.

I'll be going on the Eagle Tour next :) Now, it's your turn to GO have fun!

Dear lilmissrichmond,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your very thorough review of Ziptrek, we greatly appreciate the effort and feedback provided.

I was very pleased to read that your whole experience turned out to be "amazing", and we look forward to seeing you back on your future Eagle excursion.

Perth, Australia
15 attraction reviews
“Great Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Group of four did the Bear Tour - Roughly 2-3hrs I think

Tour was great, all equipment provided. You start off with a warm up zip at Whilster base.

It was raining the entire day, so by the end we were all soaked through - Even with Ski gear on. If the weather had been better I would have enjoyed the tour more. Our two guides were awesome and really passionate about Ziptrek's eco side.

Four ziplines through the forrest - over the river which is amazing. More ziplines would have been better. Professional photo's taken on the last line - but you have to pay for them. There is alot of uphill and downhill walking - I was puffing and I am fit!

Start from the Carleton Lodge - bassment.

Visited March 2013
WarrickH, Director of Marketing at Ziptrek Ecotours, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Tahlianagy,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write your review of Ziptrek - we truly appreciate the effort and feedback provided.

Sorry to hear that the weather wasn't so accommodating, but I was pleased to read that you still managed to have a great overall experience. Thank you tree canopy, for providing a bit of relief from the rain.

As for the pictures taken on course (by our Photographers), yes they are a purchase option at the end of the tour (no obligation), which is fairly standard for most activity providers offering that service (themselves, or through a 3rd party). That said, we also encourage people to bring along their own cameras if they wish (or smartphones with video & photo capability, etc.) to capture their personal keepsakes.

In regards to more lines - we welcome you to come back and do our Mammoth tour (all 10 lines!), along with your camera (wink, wink).

Dallas, TX
7 attraction reviews
“If you only had one thing to do in Whistler...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our group of 10 was one of several groups taking the "tour" that same day. We had a late season (mid-April) heavy snow going on during the entire experience. Believe it or not, the snow actually made it more fun! Our guides (Thomas and Gretchen) we very funny and entertaining - and highly professional, made us feel very safe at all times. We did the "Bear" tour and would love to go back and either do the "Eagle" or the "Mammoth".

Visited April 2013
WarrickH, Director of Marketing at Ziptrek Ecotours, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear dfwmaverick,

Just wanted to send a quick note to thank you for taking the time to write your review of Ziptrek - much appreciated. Great to read that your overall experience turned out so positive. We'd love to see you & your group back at some point - the Eagle or Mammoth await!