“Wonderful Service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Hy's Steakhouse Whistler is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 152 Restaurants in Whistler
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Northlands Blvd.
Description: Hy's has been Canada's premier steakhouse for over 50 years. This stunning location in the beautiful resort town of Whistler features Canadian Prime beef, an award-winning wine list and exceptional service in a warm contemporary atmosphere. As Whistler's only true steakhouse, we guarantee every guest a memorable experience.
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The one thing that stood out was the friendliness of the staff. The food was above average. The steaks were tender and finely seasoned. Although I wish the portions were a bit larger.

Visited December 2012

Singapore, Singapore
“Pricy but nice Steak's and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Nice cosy atmosphere, it's a proper Steakhouse with nice seating, dark floor all what you expect. The waiters are very attentive and servise is good. the food is excellent but it comes with a price, would return.

Visited February 2013
Whistler
“For the rich and famous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We entered the restaurant about 7pm yesterday. It seemed rather quiet but it was a Thursday evening. We hadn't been there more than 15 minutes when I looked around, as I savoured my chilled glass of Chardonnay and noticed that there wasn't an empty seat in the place. My, it filled up fast. My wife and I were looking forward to a delicious steak dinner and as we pondered the menu and the electronic wine list, we noticed that the smallest steak on the menu was 8 ounces. There were a number of 12 ounces, 16, 22 etc., but nothing smaller than 8. My wife turned to me and said, "I just want a 4 ounce steak but they don't have one that small". I asked the waiter who said that if we wished we could split an order, so I agreed and ordered the 12 ounce Filet Mignon with Gorgonzola sauce which the kitchen split for us. We had Pommes Frites which are included in the price of the entree and creamed spinach which is an additional cost. I must admit the medium rare filet was right up there with the most delicious steaks I have ever eaten. Actually the whole meal, the ambience, the slightly oaked Cabernet we had with the steak, all of it was impeccable. We started our meal by splitting a Ceasar salad which they make fresh in the dining room. The split size was actually perfect with the cheese toast which we ordered with it, certainly both were sufficient for two light eaters. The staff was warm and friendly and will meet your requests if at all possible. When we left we realized why this wonderful place is for the rich and famous. Our bill for a salad split, an enteree split, the cheese toast, the creamed spinach, two glasses of Chardonnay and a bottle of Cabernet (not expensive) was $175.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, China
“Love it, love it, love it !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Best steaks on the planet served by staff who have been there for years and really know what they are talking about so listen for recommendations. Great wines to accompany the menu - again be guided by knowledgeable staff. Only downside is it is really quite expensive ($40+ for steak entree/main) but quality is outstanding. A long term favourite.

Visited February 2013
Canada
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I felt the product was not in line with the cost. I had the caesar salad made in the dining room. Initially we were told that it was made table side, but it was just brought to the table. The server said that we needed to tell them we wanted it made table side in advance. I had the crab legs for $60 that came with a baked potato. When the server was dressing the potato I asked if the bacon bits were fresh or frozen, and they are frozen. I think to charge the prices that they charge they should make everything possible fresh. Service was fine, food was fine, but nothing was amazing.