“Superb” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Friendly, attentive staff in a buzzing atmosphere.
Delicious food, great value. Sake cocktails - bonus!

Visited March 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Nice Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

The restaurant was really busy even though we got there early. All the items on the menu were presented well and described to our satisfaction. The items we ordered were presented to our table as described by our server and the meal was wonderful….very tasty and a great value.

Visited March 2013
Whistler, Canada
“Amy's Awful Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Over the past three weeks I've been to Sushi Village three times and called once for reservations. All four experiences were terrible because of the Hostess "Amy". She is rude, snippy and has no regard for customer service. Here are the highlights: When I called to ask about a making a reservation for my birthday dinner and was told that they "don't do" 8pm reservations I was naturally disappointed. Her response? "Maybe you should have planned your birthday better." Today I had the pleasure of ordering takeout for lunch and after a strained phone call I showed up and realized that one of my orders was incorrect. She said "oh, you didn't mention that" to which I replied "I absolutely did". My order was fixed and on my way out she said the following under her breath "hope your day gets better". My days will indeed be better because I refuse to go to Sushi Village and be subjected to her attitude ever again. Nagomi and Sachi have way better service and way better sushi.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Pleasantly Surprise by Sushi in Whistler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I am always a little hesitant to try out sushi when I'm not next to the water but I was pleasantly surprised! We were seated at the bar, which was fun to watch the sushi chefs work. Pretty much everything we had was delicious, the ginger beef, mixed poke bowl, and a couple of rolls (ginger beef was notable). We also had the saki margaritas which were a little sweet for my liking but still good. Overall good friendly service, great food, and fun atmosphere. I would go back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, BC
“Great sushi, great room and good price for Whistler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The food and the staff were terrific. 4 of us had a (light) meal with a bottle of saki for $80 before tax and tip. I'm not sure how others ordered who rated this restaurant as expensive, but it is surprisingly reasonable, especially given the brilliant location. We'll be going back.

Visited February 2014