“View Beyond Words” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #92 of 165 restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Continental, Café
Description: The Roundhouse Lodge is located at a spectacular 6,069ft/1,850m above sea level at the top of the Whistler Village Gondola on Whistler Mountain. On average, it takes about 25 minutes on the gondola to arrive at the Roundhouse Lodge providing great views for the guests as they ride to the top. Cuisine ranges from Homemade Soups, Sandwiches, Wok & Noodle Bowls, Sushi, Fresh Pastas and Pizzas, and of course Gourmet Burgers, French Fries and much much more. Accessible by Skiers, Snowboarders and Sightseers; also join us during the winter for Fresh Tracks Breakfast or in the summer for Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening BBQ's.
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
“View Beyond Words”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Through Whistler Reservations, I purchased tickets for my visiting Sister and I to attend the Friday night Roundhouse BBQ which included our Peak to Peak experience. We did the loop, up Blackcomb, Peak to Peak to Whistler and the Roundhouse. The view of course was beyond words and the meal, service and staff were all excellent. I am Celiac and I spoke to the chef's who were busy settling up the BBQ buffet and they turned me over to Larry who gave me a complete walk through the buffet identifying what was gluten-free and since I could not enjoy any of desserts, Larry told me to see him when I wanted dessert and he would get a gelato for me. We purchased a bottle of fine Pino Noir and found a table outside. Considering our ticket included the Peak to Peak the value for our meal was excellent and the bottle of Pino was a reasonable price as well.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

67% Recommend
surrey
“summer lunch spot and great views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Visiting during summer, we didn't quite know what to expect but after a ride to the top of Whistler Mountain we needed something to keep us going before doing the Peak2Peak. Introduction to the beef hoagie - there were some pre-wrapped to go but also some fresh ones on the counter.....I am English so hoagie was a new title but it was really good, well stuffed and perfect beef - really hit the spot. If there had been room for two, I would have been back for another. Hoagies go large !
The Roundhouse is a big barn of a place and I imagine during the ski season it hums. That would be the test. It was a Tuesday and it wasn't too busy for us - out on the terrace in the sunshine and with the fantastic views, it was great.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Feilding, New Zealand
“Weekend BBQ delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We brought tickets for the BBQ buffet on a Saturday night. The food was delicious with a good selection of sides and salads the BBQ beef was cooked perfectly and delicious. Staff awesome and very helpful and friendly.

Visited July 2013
Barrie, Canada
“Expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

It was pretty expensive, but the food wasn't too bad. I guess you pay for the convenience, it sure beats going down to the village and having to ride back up

Visited April 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great way to end the day on Whistler Mountain!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We decided to extend our time on Whistler Mountain and enjoyed the BBQ buffet dinner at the Roundhouse Lodge before heading back down to Whistler Village. When we bought our tickets to go up to the mountain, we purchased the one that included the dinner. Glad we did! We arrived early to stake out a place for ourselves on the patio that had a spectacular view. There were two buffet lines which helped make us go through quickly (the first AND second times we went through the buffet lines!) The food was banquet food-esque so don't expect super gourmet, but it was really good and with the view, the whole dining experience was great! We definitely recommend doing the dinner after an afternoon of hiking. Great way to unwind!

• Visited August 2012