“A dining pleasure!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Tapas
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in the heart of the Village, Ric's Grill features the best in steak, seafood and contemporary cuisine. Our kitchen prepares all sauces, rubs, glazes, soups and desserts from scratch using only the best ingredients. Sterling Silver beef from High River, Alberta represents only the top tier of graded beef in Canada and is the only beef served at Ric's. Seafood is Ocean Wise certified for sustainable fishing practices. Enjoy your meal with a selection from our Wine Spectator awarded list or a a unique mixologists creation featuring the best in international, premium spirits. Fresh ingredients. Freshly prepared. Guaranteed.
“A dining pleasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Had the surf & turf special and it was amazing. Didn't really have room for dessert BUT managed to completely ENJOY the Kahlua Creme Brulee!! Oh My! Service was fantastic; polite and pleasant!

Visited May 2014

Whistler, Canada
“Extremely disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I have been in Whistler for about 3 years now and I initially tried Ric's back in 2012 once in 2013 and for a final time this year. I know the staff has changed over the year but the only thing that is consistent about this place is how bad the food is especially at the price point they are charging. It seems like everything is either prepared early or frozen then thawed out and served to you. I really don't know but nothing I have had here ever tasted fresh.

The Spinach and Beet salad they have on the menu listed as: fresh beets, toasted almonds and sliced apple with house-made poppy seed dressing. There is no way the beets are fresh, the salad I had tasted like they came out of a can and the salad looked haphazardly prepared.

I then had the filet which comes wrapped in bacon. I asked if I could have mine come out without bacon. The server told me that they were all already pre-made so they could not accommodate this. Which makes me believe either they are getting all of their food from somewhere else or it is just made earlier in the day then re-heated or something.

Definitely not a place I would go back to or spend money on as there are so many amazing restaurants in Whistler. I was hesitant to write such a negative review but after trying to give this place a chance three times, I really think at the price point the level of service and food is extremely disappointing. It is a real shame because the restaurant is in a great location and has so much potential to be great.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
SunnyRics, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Ms. Messina,
Thank you for your time and attention in sending us valuable feedback. We are sorry we were unable to provide a great Ric's Grill experience to you and hope you will try us again upon clarification of our preparations.

All our raw salad ingredients are fresh and premium grade, received 2-3x per week. All our dressings and toppings such as toasted almonds are house-made from scratch, not canned nor bottled.

Our beef is Sterling Silver, the top 2% of all graded beef. it is not frozen. Since we wet-age our steaks, and the filet is a very lean cut without extensive fat (flavor) marbling, we prep the filets ahead of time by wrapping them in natural hickory smoked bacon to enhance the tenderloin flavor. But we certainly could have cut you a new filet without the bacon-wrap and i apologize the server did not give you the baconless option.

i would like to message you privately so i may better understand in detail how we can improve our products and service.

sincerely yours, Sunny
Seattle
“Undeniably good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My charming waiter said I should "go for the gusto" and I did while I dined at Ric's Grill . I ordered lobster tail and a steak and my companion had the ahi tuna which were excellent. Both were accompanied with delicious potato preparations as well as perfectly cooked vegetables. The waitstaff was friendly and I felt quite at home in the bar. Thanks Ric's ! I'll be sure to visit soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SunnyRics, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Hi YoginiJenn,
thank you for dining with us and i am very glad you had a great time ! hope to see you again soon, sincerely, Sunny
Ontario
“Very friendly & helpful staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We ate at Ric's in the Whistler village on a weekday in the early evening. The service was friendly, prompt, and patient. Our server (Mark) answered all of our questions with details of the specials, and made some great recommendations. I opted for the Bison Steak which was more tender than I expected and a nice change from beef steak. My wife & daughter both had the filet, which was extremely tender and flavourful. The meat was grilled perfectly to our order. The grilled vegetables were the weakest link in the meal: they were good, but not very special and not very plentiful. The prices were as expected for a resort, that is "a bit much for what you get." While the service was excellent, something expected for the cost of the meal, it was not enough to bring the overall experience above average.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rachel619, Manager at Ric's Grill, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted to hear Mark took such great care of you and that you enjoyed your evening with us. Our Chef goes to great efforts in sourcing the best steaks available and we're very happy to know your family enjoyed them. However, I'm sorry that the grilled vegetables didn't meet your expectations; your feedback has been passed onto our kitchen team for future improvement. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again so we can provide you with a more 'wow' experience.
Kind Regards,
Rachel
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not bothered”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Venue "round the back" of the Main Street which set the scene generally, venue a bit dirty and scruffy eg carpet under table at 5pm had crumbs under, bulbs out etc steak as tough as old boots, when returned, as was expecting medium and got sole of a shoe toughness, it took 30 mins to get replacement back to the table. Totally ruined experience, staff couldn't be bothered beyond trying to sell something extra to whatever extra you were having anyway. False beyond belief and fatefully thought they were getting away with it! Overpriced poor quality food and service. Might be good for Whistler but more experienced travellers/diners will have experienced much better. Would not recommend!

Visited April 2014
Rachel619, Manager at Ric's Grill, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologise that we were unable to provide a positive memorable experience. Though such an occurrence is highly unusual, it is inexcusable and I encourage you to contact me directly (rachel.salter@ricsgrill.com) so that we can discuss your experience and invite you back to give us another chance to show you a true reflection of the high standard of food and service we provide.
Kind Regards,