“Another delicious meal at Ric's” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Tapas
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in the heart of the Village, Ric's Grill features the best in steak, seafood and contemporary cuisine. Our kitchen prepares all sauces, rubs, glazes, soups and desserts from scratch using only the best ingredients. Sterling Silver beef from High River, Alberta represents only the top tier of graded beef in Canada and is the only beef served at Ric's. Seafood is Ocean Wise certified for sustainable fishing practices. Enjoy your meal with a selection from our Wine Spectator awarded list or a a unique mixologists creation featuring the best in international, premium spirits. Fresh ingredients. Freshly prepared. Guaranteed.
Vancouver, Canada
“Another delicious meal at Ric's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We enjoyed another scrumptious meal at Ric's Grill in Whistler this past weekend for the Grand Fondo. The appetizer carrot soup was delicious, and our main courses of bison and filet mignon steaks were perfectly cooked. The wine list is excellent as usual, the Sauvignon blanc from Oz "Ara" was a treat. The only slight mishap was the server forgot to punch in our dessert order so it was sold out by the time we reminded him of it. Otherwise, the visit was awesome as usual. Ric's Grill is our go to restaurant in Whistler and we always enjoy our experience. We have recommended this restaurant to many friends and business associates and will continue to do so. i have noticed a decline in the level of service this time so hopefully this will change.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Nathalie,

Thanks so much for choosing Ric’s Grill and for taking the time to write a review of your experience on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate your specific feedback as it lets us know what we are doing right, and where we can improve.

We want all our guests to expect and enjoy a high level of fantastic food, service and atmosphere. I’m glad that our food was to your liking, but I’m disappointed that the service was not up to our usual standard during this visit, and I apologize for our error regarding your dessert.

Thank you for continuing to recommend us, and I hope that we would have the opportunity to have you visit again, in Whistler or one of our other locations, and deliver a dining experience that again clearly reflects our commitment to our customers. As a token of our appreciation to our loyal customers, we would like to add you to our Birthday Promotion mailing list. Please message me with your contact details.

Kind Regards,

Worcester, Massachusetts
“Enjoyable experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stumbled upon Ric's when we arrived in Whistler. After a long drive we were looking for a nice relaxing dining experience. The service we received was perfect. The bottle of wine, local, we ordered was delicious and the meals....albiet mine was tastier were great. Once returning home I actually tried to duplicate the meal I had and I did a pretty good job of it. We would visit this restaurant again if we found ourselves in town.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
SunnyRics, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thanks so much for choosing Ric’s Grill and for taking the time to write a review.

It’s nice for us to hear when we’re doing well, and we sincerely hope to delight you with another great dining experience if and when you are back in Western Canada.

Kind Regards,
Vancouver, Canada
“Poor performance”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We werde there last week, and you could prob feel end of season. Staff was not really interested in serving us , not even taking orders. Asked 3 times for kids menu, 2 times for wine list and after bringing the list to the table, the chap never showed up! Had a NewYork striploin which looked like cooked in hot water and tasted like this! The quality of food and service just not acceptable, for no price! Never again!!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dear Guest,

I was saddened to hear about your experience at our restaurant. Although Whistler is a seasonal resort, this is no excuse for poor service, and after hearing your comments, it is very clear that you did not receive the Ric’s Grill experience, and for that, I must apologize. The restaurant business is a people business, and we strive to ensure every guest has a great experience.

We will certainly address these issues with our Whistler management in order to retrain them to avoid similar issues in the future.

Thank you for your taking the time out of your busy schedule to write this review of our restaurant. We genuinely appreciate your feedback regarding your experience, as it lets us know what we are doing well, and what needs improvement.

I would like to invite you to visit us again and change your opinion about our food and service. Please feel free to message me for details. I look forward to hearing from you, and we hope to see you in the future.

Hawaii
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have been travelling around the Province, and had one night to spend in Whistler. As we were staying at Crystal Lodge, we checked Ric's website and were very pleased to see that they were offering a Summer BBQ prix fix dinner. When we called to make a reservation, we were told that this special was just for July. This isn't mentioned anywhere on their website - we asked to speak with the Manager to see if the website special would be honored. The answer was a flat 'no'. We found a wonderful alternate dining establishment, however as travel professionals, we will not feel comfortable recommending Ric's Grill to any clients in the foreseeable furture.

Visited August 2013
SunnyRics, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
First of all, sorry for taking so long to respond to your comments, and thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback so we could become aware of this problem.

I am investigating how is that our website and restaurants were out of synch, and how we can prevent this from occurring in the future. Even so, the restaurant business is a people business, and our managers and staff typically take great pride in the quality and service standards which we have become famous for – from the instant a customer comes into contact with our restaurant. I apologize for how your inquiry was handled. Even if the exact menu was no longer available (due to stocking of ingredients), I’m sure we could’ve figured something out, especially in exchange for you alerting us to this issue and the possibility of disappointing other future customers.

I would like to invite you to visit us again if and when you are next in Western Canada, to change your opinion about our service.

We hope to see you in the future at the Ric’s Grill.

“So-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Food wasn't deserving of the price point. The waitress was attentive and friendly and was the saving grace of the meal. My mango salsa turned into plum sauce without warning and wife's salmon was a bit dry.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dear Guest,

First of all, I’d like to apologize for taking so long to respond to your comments. I am disappointed to hear about your experience at our restaurant. After hearing your comments it is clear that you did not receive the Ric’s Grill dining experience.

We want all our guests to expect and enjoy a high level of fantastic food, service and atmosphere. You obviously did not experience our best during this visit and I apologize for our errors.

I want to thank you for taking the time out to write this review. It is important for us to understand what we are doing well, (and I am happy to hear about the great service), as well as what we need to improve upon.

I do hope that you will try us again and allow us to delight you with our characteristic food quality and service.

Regards,