“"Nice Italian cuisine"” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Quattro On Pinnacle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 164 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Northlands Blvd.
Saint John, Canada
“"Nice Italian cuisine"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Food was very good and great service! Excellent antipasti and pasta! Varied menu and extensive but expensive wine list. Decor was upscale. A bit on the expensive side!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

S. Surrey, B.C.
“Very good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This Italian restaurant in Whistler accomodated our family of 19 without a problem. Food and service were very good. It's not easy to serve 19 people together. Some items a bit pricey, but pasta dishes and appies were great and reasonable for the restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Langley City, Canada
“A Bit More then Average and A Bit Less then Very Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm having a bit of a hard time with this review. I kind of feel it rates a bit more then average and a bit less then good. My wife and I came out for dinner on a Sunday night. It is a very nice place and we got a seat close to one of the two fireplaces, which was a welcome surprise. Service was prompt and attentive, however, a bit aloof and impersonal.

The host and hostess seemed fixed on a flat screen tv tuned in to curling. This would have been totally fine in a sports bar, but seemed very much out of place here. The music was way too loud and alternated between opera and lead guitar solos. Again, totally out of place for a room like this. Is there not some fine Italian instrumentalists without vocal that would be perfect in an environment where the patrons should take up the vocal part with each other? Why should we have to shout at each other over noise from lousy restaurant speakers when we go out for a nice meal. I just don't get this.

Enough on the environment - on to the food. Quattro has a large menu, with considerable variety in food and spirits. We ordered a half bottle of Italian wine, along with the Minestone and Caesar salad. Both were top notch. In fact, these appetizers, with the very tasty bread basket probably would have compelled me to give Quattro a 4 out of 5 rating.

Unfortunately, our main courses, while solid, were not particularly special. My wife had the rigatoni. It was a very large portion, which could easily have fed two. It was tasty, but not particularly memorable. I had the ravioli. Again, it was well prepared, but a bit bland. I wouldn't order it again, and in fact, I probably wouldn't rush back to Quattro.

With the evening overall being such a mixed bag, and with the great number of choices within Whistler, I'm afraid we will put Quattro on our B list going forward.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Bad and arrogant service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have tried Quattro in Vancouver and loved it but our experience at this Whistler location was painfully dismal. It was a busy Easter weekend and that could explain the kitchen blunders but there is no excuse for a waiter behaving in a condescending manner with so little accountability. When I tried to ask how they interpreted a steak that was medium he launched into telling me he would "educate" me and rattled off as if I was a 2 year old. We waited over an hour for our meals and when my steak came it was as hard and well done as a hockey puck. They did take it away but he never apologized or acknowledged the mistake.
The manager tried to make amends but this waiters attitude spoiled the entire evening.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London
“Had two visits to the restaurant this trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I like this restaurant. We made two visits to the restaurant this visit to Whistler - both were first class.

First visit was just two of us and we had the appetizer selection (warning - make sure you are hungry) and we struggled to eat our main. I had the Spaghetti quattro which I have to say is one of my favorite dishes anywhere.

Second visit there was four of us. This time we skipped the appetizer and assumed we would have dessert. The mains were excellent all around but the dessert menu is sub-standard. Perhaps most people don't get that far as the appetizers and mains are so filling, but we were a little disappointed with the dessert menu.

Service was excellent both times.

• Visited April 2013