“Good casual option” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Earls

Earls
next to holiday inn | Whistler Village, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada
604.935.3222
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 152 Restaurants in Whistler
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Continental, Pacific Rim
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Earls in Whistler is an upscale, premium-casual dining experience. We offer a Global Skillet of the finest dishes, original cocktails, wine and beer from around the world, all at prices set for the locals of Whistler. Our service team are truly caring and some of the friendliest, colourful peole you will ever meet.We believe the details make the difference. We'd rather spend the time making our soups and sauces from scratch than cutting corners with processed food. We'd rather travel the world discovering new tastes and textures than just reading about them in books. Our menu has great variety, set to satisfy any craving your group may have! Earls Whistler....creating magical dining experiences!
London, United Kingdom
“Good casual option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Whistler seems to only have two types of dining facility - very casual bar or take away, or formal 3 course meal restaurants. Earls is great if you want something inbetween (tending towards the latter)
Similar to Browns (chain in the UK), it serves a mix of grill, seafood, and pan-European food (i.e. something for everyone). Excellent quality and it has a great bar if you have to wait a bit for your table. The service is efficient and friendly

Visited January 2013

Kent
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Earls is one of our favourite Whistler restaurants. The food is always good and it's reasonably priced compared to some other village restaurants.

It's always busy so I would advise booking a table in advance.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Grasmere, United Kingdom
“A really great family meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We visited Earls with our 4 & 5 year old boys and had a great time. The location in Whistler is very central and easy to find and the overall atmosphere is brilliant.

We did really well with our table, it was in the front corner of the restaurant well away from the kitchens and the associated cooking smells.

The evening was lively thanks to the really good selection of music playing (not a hint of dodgy Canadian rock). Food was also great. It was broadly US/Cajun in style but there was a wide selection. My husband had a steak which he said was one of the best he has ever had, it looked meltingly soft and hardly needed a knife to cut it. My fish tacos were delicious as was my chicken salad, but I struggled to eat it all.

Staff were lively and helpful and very accommodating of children wanting to vary or share dishes. The boys shared an adult portion battered halibut and chips and that seemed to be a really good size for them, there wasn't much left!

Only word of warning is that we were apparently lucky to get a table at the last minute and probably only managed to get seated because we ate early. I'd strongly advise booking well in advance.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Buderim, Australia
“Oh no the crispy dry ribs have gone but still good anyway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

After waiting such a long time to come back here especially for the dry crispy ribs I noticed they had taken them off the menu. In horror I emailed the restaurant and it was confirmed. However the manager offered to find me some especially. This is service at its best, I politely declined as I was sure I would find something on the menu I liked. I was right my son and I shared the the braised ribs and the chili chicken. Both were great and the waitress was friendly and professional.
Apparently the dry ribs did very well in whistler but not elsewhere so the chain took it off the menu. A big mistake for those of us needing the sustenance after a cold days skiing
However it s still a great menu and the service in whistler is great. I would recommend booking as there were a lot of people waiting.
Music slightly loud but seating was very comfortable even if we could hardly hear each other.
Good news is they deliver !!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Peterborough, Canada
“Fun place, well located in village”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Roadhouse type restaurant only with class. Well staffed and excellent service. Well located in centre of village. Good for families as well as couples.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere