“will definitely be back!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We provide fresh and healthy meals daily! The best espresso bar in the Upper VIllage!
Vancouver, Canada
“will definitely be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Tried Ciao Thyme today for the first time. We were walking by and it looked busy and very nice. I had the most delicious Benny with pulled pork. Yum! My sister had the yam fries and thought they were the best she's had. Service was good and sitting on the patio in the sun made the experience even better. We are often in whistler and will definitely be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

vancouver
“Not a great Experience...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were there during the Ironman weekend and perhaps the restaurant had their B Team that day. My husband and I walked in and were standing there for a good few minutes after a few waiters/waitresses walk on by without acknowledging our presence. So we patiently wait expecting the host/hostess to come up and guide us to a table. Wrong. Another customer was behind us and waited, finally went up to the waiter and asked him for a table. We were in shock because the waiter brought him inside to a table. My husband quickly told the waiter that we need a table for two. There was no system, shouldn't it be first come first serve?
Finally got seated and I order tea but the waiter told me they were out of teas?! Next my husband ask for soup of the day and the waiter told him they have none. Ok, fine we order something else then. The wait begins and we waited for about 45 minutes for our food. The food was ok, but service was very poor. We just wanted to eat our food and leave. As we were exiting, we saw a customer come in and ask to speak to the manager. Apparently, they were waiting outside where there was a sign that says, "Please, wait to be seated." Again, the lack of service.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Breakfast Spot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were wandering through the Farmer's Market in Whistler on Sunday and stopped at this great little bistro for brunch. We had a great experience, very happy with food and service, and loved the location. The art on the walls inside is impressive - and the general ambience both in and outside was right up my street. Easy to find as its right opposite the Fairmont Hotel.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Canada
“Amazing Eggs Benny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Took the parents up to Whistler and were staying in the upper village, and a friend had suggested we try brunch here. The eggs benny were fantastic! - how can you go wrong with eggs benny and pulled pork?!? Our server, John, was attentive and courteous. Location is good too, right by farmer's market. Would recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Gone downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Having eaten here many times for breakfast during ski season, I am hoping that today's breakfast is a seasonal problem! Service was slow and non attentive. Food was missing items without apology or replacement and we had to ask several times for a high chair. This is such a shame. I always found this to place to be served with pride and cooked with pride. The food was greasy, potatoes undercooked, 1 egg instead of 2, second never appeared, and we didn't see service again until well after everything was eaten or cold. We might return in the winter, but manager... Seeing other bad reviews here. Blackcomb is small!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
CiaoThymeManagement, Manager at Ciao-Thyme Bistro, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Firstly I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the experience that you received yesterday. After speaking with the server earlier today I have been informed that the food coming out uncompleted was an issue, however it was discussed that with regards to the bill the drinks were comped as way of apology and that she did take time to talk at the table about who she was serving and where you were from. Being able to explain with detail this information makes could imply that service was not as much of the issue as was the incomplete food items. However with this being said it is not an excuse for you to leave CTB unsatisfied and as a further extended apology the next time you find yourself wanting breakfast in Blackcomb please do come back to CTB and explain last times incident and I am sure we will be able to offer a round of drinks on us or a discounted bill. We do not operate in this way usually and I hope it does not stop you from using us again in the future.

Regards, CTB Management.