“Perfection” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 99
Transit: Reliable and frequent local transit service will drop you conveniently at our driveway.
Description: In its 23rd year, the Rimrock Café has delighted diners with its innovative, fresh cuisine and emphasis on the finest fish and game, artfully prepared with inventiveness and flair. The restaurant is consistently recognized as a local’s favorite for atmosphere, service and a sublime eating experience. Behind the large glass window of our lit cellar, all manner of wines from the glamorous and recognizable to the intriguing and new seem to hum seductively. Two fireplaces cast an ambient glow over the chatter and energy of our rustic dining room. In summer, enjoy your meal on a sunny patio. The seafood antipasto for two is the perfect start to your meal. Stunning presentation meets succulent, vibrant flavor among the six exquisite tasters. Try our Venison tenderloin, served with a porcini cream and homemade spatzle. For the seafood lover, our main course Trio is a harmony of seared Ahi, nut crusted Sablefish and grilled prawns. Complete your meal with Whistler's favorite desert.
Shropshire, England
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Rim Rock has been a favourite for many years and having had two meals there during our recent trip I can only say that it continues to offer everything we need for a complete dining experience.

Firstly the food is exceptional - every course is a delight. The staff have just the right balance of friendliness and good service.

Try to save room to share the Chef's Dessert Medley for 2 - a lovely way to round off the evening.

If I could only visit one restaurant in Whistler - Rimrock would win hands down.

Los Angeles, California
“Simply OUTSTANDING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Our family had dinner at the Rim Rock cafe: the food was superb, the service was efficient and gracious: it was the best meal we had during iur 5 day ski trip: highly recommended!

Whistler, Canada
“Never lets me down!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have eaten at the Rimrock several times before and this time, like all the others, I had a fantastic experience. We went with my family to celebrate my brother's birthday. The restaurant was packed, not one empty table. We were seated promptly (the reservation probably helped) and our waiter informed us of the specials and took our drinks order very quickly. The cocktails were amazing.

The meal itself was divine. I had the mussels to start and they were delicious in an incredible broth. I stole one of my sisters oysters and it was sensational as well. My main was arctic char with a porcini crust. It just kept this sensational meal moving along. I loved it. Although I definitely did not need dessert I was tempted by the dessert plate for two and let me just say WOW!

I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant for any occasion. It is a little pricey but you most certainly get what you pay for. Excellent service, amazing drinks, exquisite food and a terrific atmosphere.

A must do while in Whistler

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent, honest food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My family had a great meal at Rimrock Cafe early Jan 2014. The food is polished but nut overly fussy with a traditional European styling. Wines by the glass are excellent. The ambience adds to its appeal. Out of the Whistler village, this restaurant is in a class of its own. Well worth a visit.

Visited January 2014
Whistler, Canada
“Best in Whistler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Best dining experience in Whistler, bar none. Outstanding food, impeccable service in a cozy rustic atmosphere, all make the Rimrock the local's favorite.

• Visited November 2013