“Not bad, but is it the best” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 99
Transit: Reliable and frequent local transit service will drop you conveniently at our driveway.
Description: In its 23rd year, the Rimrock Café has delighted diners with its innovative, fresh cuisine and emphasis on the finest fish and game, artfully prepared with inventiveness and flair. The restaurant is consistently recognized as a local’s favorite for atmosphere, service and a sublime eating experience. Behind the large glass window of our lit cellar, all manner of wines from the glamorous and recognizable to the intriguing and new seem to hum seductively. Two fireplaces cast an ambient glow over the chatter and energy of our rustic dining room. In summer, enjoy your meal on a sunny patio. The seafood antipasto for two is the perfect start to your meal. Stunning presentation meets succulent, vibrant flavor among the six exquisite tasters. Try our Venison tenderloin, served with a porcini cream and homemade spatzle. For the seafood lover, our main course Trio is a harmony of seared Ahi, nut crusted Sablefish and grilled prawns. Complete your meal with Whistler's favorite desert.
“Not bad, but is it the best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

This is a good restaurant, and very rarely have I had a bad meal here. However equally very rarely have I had an exceptional meal, or even a great meal. The prices have been going steadily up over the years, and while whistler is never going to be a cheap place to eat, rim rock is comfortably up there with the most expensive in town. It also no longer feels as relaxed to me as it once did, maybe that's just personal bias.

The long and short of it, this is a solid restaurant and if you are looking for a place to eat out tonight I doubt you will regret this choice. However is it the best in town, for me the answer is no. Would it be in my whistler top 10, yes for sure, would it be in my top 5, maybe not.

Visited February 2013

“Great food and ambience, Whistlers go to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Fabulous, really hits the mark with food with amazing flavours and presentation, being really picky the service was a little slow and no house wine. Great spot for a special occasion.

Whistler, Canada
“4 Courses; $41; FULL BELLIES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I went for dinner on Sunday night; a great Christmas gift from my mom; and we had an excellent experience. This isn't our first trip here, nor will it ever be our last.
We were greeted at the door by Bruce, very friendly and professional. Several of the servers said hello as they passed as well. The hostess sat us at a quiet table by the fireplace (being it's Mid-May it was off, but the ambiance was still there). Our server Murphy, came and told us to take our time, to enjoy the experience, it was our night, and did we ever. We started with cocktails, the Pomelo is highly recommended if you enjoy sweet and tart; my husband enjoyed a micro beer from Montreal, apricot flavoured. We then placed our orders, roasted beet salad for me, and the seafood antipasto for my hubby, both were delectable. We decided on a very reasonably priced Pinot Noir ($45). For our 2nd courses, I had the seafood antipasto, and hubby had the carpaccio, YUMMY! We followed with venison for the boy, and the tuna and salmon special for me. Just when we thought it couldn't get any better; it did, and we were definitely not disappointed.
Murphy told us to take our time, and the Chef would prepare dessert when we were ready. There were 2 choices for dessert, a deconstructed creme brulee with fresh fruit, and sticky toffee pudding. Well if I could have licked the plates, and we were at home, I most likely would have. They were that good!
I did ask my husband if we could just 'roll home', with full bellies, exceptional service, fantastic ambiance, the Rim Rock never disappoints!

washington state
“Sublime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Made reservations for a Friday night at 6pm. No window tables available but they seated us at a table that was apart from other customers. This was one of the nice touches that I noticed. Unlike some other restaurants, they did not seat their customers for the convenience of wait staff but rather to the benefit of the customers. They also employ enough wait staff to ensure that customers get individualized care. The hostess seated us and right away a woman came up to our table asking whether we wanted still water or sparkling water. This was brought right away. Our waiter (wish I would have asked his name) appeared soon after and for the next 2 hours took extraordinary care of us. He was extremely knowledgeable regarding the menu and wine offerings. He also presented a variety of specials for us to choose from. At his suggestion, we opted for the 4 course menu. Just as he said, the portions were just right - enough to satisfy without being too filling.

We started off with a delicious lobster bisque. For an appetizer my date had beef carpaccio and I had the chevre baked in filo with fig puree and rosemary honey, which was a superb blend of flavors. Main dishes were the halibut for me and a salmon and ahi tuna combo for my date. We swapped bites and all three of the fish selections were cooked to perfection. For the final course we both opted for their signature dessert, the sticky toffee pudding with vanilla ice cream. Our choice of wine was a 2011 Cedarcreek Viognier, which was an ideal accompaniment to each course. Our waiter kept our bottle refrigerated, appearing from time to time to refill our glasses right before they were about to be emptied.

The overall experience was top quality from start to finish.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ESQUIMALT
“Delicious Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

First of all, calling this restaurant a cafe doesnt make sense. This restaurant has top of the line food, beverage and service. We had booked online and mentioned it was our anniversary, and arrived with trepidation as it was bound to be busy as it was also Mother's Day. We waited to see what would happen and were delighted to be seated by a nice private table by the window. Our server was clearly a seasoned expert with extensive food and beverage knowledge. We enjoyed delicious chilled martinis prepared to perfection. We were surprised to see the 3 course dine around menu for $31 included so many special offerings, so we were delighted to try the oysters, lobster bisque, calamari (absolutely fabulous), mussels, venison, and the seafood trio...and delicious toffee pudding for dessert. Amazing offerings, expertly prepared, perfect food temperature, served on warm platters and dishes, delivered with true grace in presentation. All of this with a full house and large noisy groups to cater to. The manager even dropped by to ask us if we enjoyed our meal and thank us. Thats how its done people ... look no further.

We drove here from Blackcomb, and there was ample parking on site, so advise is to take a cab if you'd like more than one beverage. Its worth it. Thank you to the staff at the Rim Rock for a memorable and delicious evening.