“Loved it so much we extended our vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nita Lake Lodge

You added Nita Lake Lodge to your Saves list
Nita Lake Lodge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2131 Lake Placid Road, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B2 , Canada   |
Special Offer
50% OFF PARKING!
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
Montreal, Canada
“Loved it so much we extended our vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We booked our stay here for one night only, but loved it so much we actually extended our trip so we could come back! It is situated in the perfect location just a five minute shuttle ride from Whistler Village, but right on a great walking trail around Nita Lake starting at the front door. Our room was spotless, had a great soaker tub and the bed was very comfortable. They offer views of either Nita Lake or Creekside - we were on Creekside and the highlight of my morning was waking up to a great mountain view. Loved the outdoor hot tubs. The staff were phenomenal - especially Samantha and Hannah from the front desk who were able to accommodate our last minute room request upon our return! Very calming and relaxing place - we'll definitely return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
NitaGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Nita Lake Lodge, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much that you decided to extend your vacation - it was a pleasure to be able to accommodate your request! I have shared your comments with Samantha, Hannah and the rest of our team who are all looking forward to seeing you again in the future!
Best Regards,
Nancy Steward - Guest Relations Manager - nancy@nitalakelodge.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
Burnaby, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We had booked a one bedroom suite and arrived close to midnight so were not able to see much of any type of view outside by the time we arrived. Since it was late April on a weekday, there were only a small handful of cars in the parking lot, meaning low occupancy. The suite was a good size and decor did meet the expectation of a 4 star hotel. The kitchenette met our need of a microwave. However this hotel deserves a poor rating because in the morning when I opened up the blinds, I saw the worst view in all the hotels I have stayed at in Whistler - and I go several times a year. Because they had put us on the lowest floor, our bedroom looked right into a large upward tilting "green" roof of barren soil, and dried dead grass. Okay, I didn't fork out the extra $40 for a lake view, but this room is close to $200 after taxes and fees. So why am I seeing this? Yes, there were mountains that peeped from behind, but it is difficult to ignore this mess in front of our porch. I have nothing against green roofs but this barren mess was overwhelming. If they had low occupancy, then would it not make sense to not stick me in a room with such a "view"? My little girl called it the "yuckiest" view she has seen in a hotel. Such a shame because I love the location of the hotel.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the lake view, otherwise it is not worth the money to stay there.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
NitaGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Nita Lake Lodge, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Wendy,
Thank you for writing a review of your stay.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment with your view. The plot is soon to be our herb and vegetable garden that will provide fresh ingredients for our dining outlets. However, unfortunately our landscaping has been delayed due to fluctuating temperatures and snow earlier in the week. We are truly sorry for that this delay had a negative impact on your stay.
We hope that with the beautiful sunshine we have right now that our garden will be looking like spring very soon. We hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future to a view of the lake or our garden and mountain view.
Please be sure to contact me personally if you would like to discuss your stay further or if I can be of any assistance.
Kindest Regards,
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times and loved it. This hotel is not in the centre of the action, but in a good way. The rooms have a beautiful view of Nita Lake, the restaurant is decent, they are close to Creekside gondola and run a reliable shuttle if you don't want to walk the short distance. The bathroom alone is worth booking the hotel. The bathtub is spectacular. The room includes a thoughtful little cupboard kitchenette with important basics like cutlery, glasses, a toaster, etc.

If you want more details or info on Whistler, I have an article about our stay on my blog: http://discerningadventure.wordpress.com/2014/04/25/easter-weekend-at-whistler/

Chester, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Fabulous hotel, set in a stunning location just outside Whistler Village. From the moment we arrived nothing was too much trouble. Excellent service, fantastic room, thoughtfully planned, with a balcony view out over Lake Nita. We were on the 4th floor with a high raked ceiling, gas log-effect fire and spacious seating area. The hotel organised and paid for a taxi to and from the hotel in to the village because the shuttle bus wasn't operating. Touches like this mark out the quality of service. If you get the chance, stay here!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
NitaGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Nita Lake Lodge, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the lodge!
We really appreciate your kind words. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your 4th floor suite and our team were able to make your stay so memorable.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the lodge again soon!
Kind Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed at Nita Lake Lodge for 3 nights over the Easter Long Weekend for a "mini-moon." We booked the studio suite and were quite impressed by the size of the room and comfort of the bed. The washroom had heated floors, which was quite a welcome treat. We were greeted by several chocolate desserts to congratulate us on our honeymoon which again was a thoughtful touch. The Easter brunch at Aura was particularly impressive, with great quality food and all-you-can-eat oysters at the buffet for a very reasonable price. I was also surprised and impressed that they provided L'occitane products in the rooms. The gym was very well equipped with up-to-date equipment (i.e. TRX, kettlebells, rollers, Schwinn bikes), however they did lack standard weight machines. Convenient shuttle every 30 minutes into the village was always punctual. I must say the pool was a bit lacking as it was closed the time I attempted to go in the afternoon (not sure if this is standard though).

I would particularly like to praise Nita Lake Lodge for knowing how to do business right - they honored a complimentary parking deal (which I normally could not have gotten booking through a 3rd party booking website), they honored an expired dining deal ($5.95 charcuterie plate), and when I left my much-beloved cell phone charger in my room, they sent it to my house by the next business day on express-post, ON THEIR DIME. I have to say that the flexibility and willingness to accommodate guests has probably spoiled me for staying elsewhere in Whistler.

I will definitely be coming back.

Dear Sarah,
Thank you much for your review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your honeymoon at the lodge! We strive to provide a level of service that is customized and personal and are glad that you experienced this during your stay.
Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Best Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We wanted a nice romantic getaway for the night and Nita Lodge was the perfect place. We had a lake view room to die for, with a huge soaker tub 18 foot ceilings and just all around class. You would love the outdoor hot tubs and spa. The spa by the way is very reasonably priced.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Outstanding and friendly service from all the staff.
As a solo traveller made me feel very welcome and everyone had time for a chat.
Room was very spacious, bed comfortable, views from balcony exceptional and being on to the top floor was very quiet.
Location, although a few miles from Whistler Village, was no problem due to frequency of courtesy shuttles.
I ate at the hotel most evenings and had a few breakfasts. Again everything was really good and environment was very friendly.
I have stayed in Whistler 3 times and at many other ski resorts and this was by far the best hotel I have stayed in at a ski resort and one of the top 3 I have ever stayed in.
I will definitely return, hopefully next ski season.

Room Tip: Recommend top floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
NitaGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Nita Lake Lodge, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Alan,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay.
It was a pleasure to welcome you to the lodge and we are delighted to hear that our team had a positive impact on your stay!
We would love to welcome you back to the lodge in the future and so please be sure to contact us when you are next visiting Whistler!
Kind Regards,
Nancy Steward - Guest Relations Manager - nancy@nitalakelodge.com

Been to Nita Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!