My wife and I just celebrated our 20th Anniversary with a trip to Whistler and Vancouver. Due to travel magazine and tripadvisor recommendations, we leaped at the chance to stay in this hotel, and for the most part were thrilled with the decision. Although we feel our bill tried to "pull one over on us" (will detail later) we have many great things to say about this magnificent hotel.
Among a plethera of positives:
-Beautiful room furnishings, fireplaces, and ambience. Bathrobes provided and Aveda amenities are always a plus!
-Location is ideal, with the lower village of Whistler right outside your door, and the Upper Village about a 5-minute walk through a nature trail. Shops, restaurants, movie theaters, and other attractions are literally a few dozen steps away.
-Superior expanded continental breakfast included in room rate. Meats, cheeses, boiled eggs, granola, oatmeal, tons of pastry selections and croissants are all part of the bountiful spread. On top of this, it's served in a very well-appointed room with real china and good selection of coffee, Tazo teas and juices.
-Nice kitchens in rooms, with Starbucks Coffee, and nice quality utensils and glasses provided.
-Free internet in rooms, which is a pretty rare amenity for an upscale hotel. I wish more nice hotels would do this, as it's very appreciated, while still being cheap for the hotel to provide as a benefit.
-Attractive pool, whirlpool and outdoor lounging area (although this was also a negative, as you'll soon see!)
There were only a couple negatives, but they were somewhat notable and one was downright concerning.
-The lesser of my two complaints revolved around the hotel's pool. We were there 4 night, and on our first night we saw a sign that said there were boiler problems with the pool's heater and that the temperature of the pool would be cooler than normal. My wife suffers from severe sciatica and needs to swim each day to stretch her back out, so that she can function normally. Because of the colder pool (which NEVER got fixed during our stay) she was only able to tolerate it for a short swim each afternoon and thus had back problems throughout our stay.
-The more concerning problem is that I feel as if the hotel intentionally tried to charge me for parking and hope that I didn't notice the charge on my bill. I purchased what's called their "Preferences Package" which includes a late check-out and the choice of one "preference" (a spa credit, a restaurant credit, a gas card, or free parking). I chose the free parking option and even called to verify it the night before my arrival. When I checked my folio on the television before checkout, I had been charged 4 days of parking at $26.25 per day. I called to get it removed and was assured it would be done immediately. An hour later, NO change in the bill. I went to office and spent 15 additional minutes getting it removed. I feel that a well-oiled machine of a hotel like this doesn't make these kind of "mistakes", so I can only deduce other reasons for why I was erroneously billed and had such a hard time getting it removed. DOUBLE CHECK YOUR BILLINGS AND BEWARE OF UNJUSTIFIED ADD-ONS!
Outside of this disappointment, my wife and I loved the hotel. We just wish it's integrity would've lived up to every other aspect of the facility. If you have a keen eye on over-charges, then I'd say this hotel is pretty wonderful in every other way!
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centre Hotel
- Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centre Hotel Whistler
- Pan Pacific Whistler
- Whistler Pan Pacific
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centre is an intimate, family-friendly oasis located in the heart of the Village stroll, yet a 5 minute walk from the Gondolas to both mountains. Complimentary perks include a daily breakfast buffet, wireless Internet, local calls, in-resort shuttle and slope-side valet ski/bike/golf storage. Spacious suites feature full kitchens, bathrooms and balconies and range in size from Studios to Three Bedrooms with Den. Enjoy spectacular mountain views from the sunny deck with salt-water pool and two hot tubs and sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.