We stayed for 3 nights mid May at the Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centre and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. If we are ever passing through Whistler again I would not hesitate to book another stay. We booked a lower floor one bedroom suite and received a complimentary upgrade to a higher floor with a lovely view of the mountains.
Unfortunately the swimming pool was closed while we were (jacuzzis were open) there but they advised that there was a leisure centre about 10 minutes away that they would take us to and bring us back if we felt like swimming a few laps. To compensate they also provided complimentary parking which was gratefully received. (This was offered without any prompting.)
Our room on the 6th floor was large and clean with all the amenities promised on the website (large plasma tv, fireplace, balcony etc). The Starbucks coffee in the room was a nice touch and the bed was so comfortable with the best pillows ever.
What sets this hotel apart I feel is the service received from the employees we encountered. All queries regarding the resort, ski hire etc were met with enthusiastic responses from all from the reception staff to the young man working in the breakfast room. Excellent service all round.
Also, we arrived at the hotel about 9pm and explained that the airline had not loaded our suitcases in the UK and that they should be following within the next 24-36 hours. The reception staff said that they would accept them upon arrival and notify us the minute that they arrived (which they did, at 2am on 16 May, and delivered them straight to our room).
I also asked reception if they had a UK adaptor I could use for my hairdryer – they didn’t have one for a UK plug but said that they would check with their sister hotel Pan Pacific Mountainside and let me know within the hour. I returned from breakfast a short while later and was presented with said adaptor that had been brought over. Again, exceptional service.
The breakfast buffet consisted of cold meats, cheeses, bagels, cereals etc but there was such a good selection that you wouldn’t have the same thing every day. They also provide coffee cups and lids so that you can take a coffee/juice/water etc out with you.
Overall, the service from the employees, the location in Whistler village and the comfortable large room made this a fabulous stay for our first stop in Canada.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centre Hotel
- Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centre Hotel Whistler
- Pan Pacific Whistler
- Whistler Pan Pacific
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centre is an intimate, family-friendly oasis located in the heart of the Village stroll, yet a 5 minute walk from the Gondolas to both mountains. Complimentary perks include a daily breakfast buffet, wireless Internet, local calls, in-resort shuttle and slope-side valet ski/bike/golf storage. Spacious suites feature full kitchens, bathrooms and balconies and range in size from Studios to Three Bedrooms with Den. Enjoy spectacular mountain views from the sunny deck with salt-water pool and two hot tubs and sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.