“local heaven” 5 of 5 stars

+1 604-938-1990
Improve this listing
Ranked #67 of 152 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Sandwiches, Bakeries, Hamburgers, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Gone Eatery is a local favourite located behind the Armchair Book Store in the Whistler Village Square. We offer breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our selection of hearty and nutritious homemade comfort food includes- Classic breakfasts, burgers, pasta's, soups, sandwiches, wraps, salads and fresh baked goods. We also offer delicious, locally roasted organic coffee. If you are looking for vegan and gluten free options we have a great selection just for you! Grab a seat in either of our two dinning areas or soak up some sun on our patio, Gone feels just like home!
vancouver
“local heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

really excellent breakfast (french toast and bacon). the locals go here. that's the kind of place i like. fabulous food.

Visited October 2013

Redmond, Washington
“More than just coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Looks of places in Whistler seem to have coffee and a few pastries available in the AM hours but Gone Bakery has a good selection of hot breakfast items (wraps, French toast, breakfast sandwiches, oatmeal as well as traditional bakery fare and homemade granola). They also had a lot of tasty looking sandwiches and huge (8"?) cookies for lunch. Recommended by a local. Located in the back of a bookstore in the center of the Village -- you might have to ask someone to locate it. Hot items took quite a while to be served (even though they weren't very busy) but they were hot and very good. Free Wi-Fi for customers.

Visited September 2013
Rochester, New York
“Soup that will be GONE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

One of the best dollar for dollar food bargains in the village. Relaxed atmosphere, great food, if not a somewhat limited menu. Gone is tucked away and not as easily locateable. However, the soups that we ordered were delicious esp when we paired them with the jalapeno bread. Def a must try if you go. Free wifi, however even after obtaining the password I was not able to get on the internet with my device. That would be my only complaint.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Local secret...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Go where the locals eat I say. Tucked away behind armchair books, the casual atmosphere grabs you. Best value for money breakfast in town, good coffee, great soups on offer & the size of muffins & cookies are ridiculous. I was in whistler for 2 weeks, always a smile on the staff when I went in.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Gone Bakery; a long-time fav I will not go back to for a LONG TIME”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Being a long-time Whistler local, of 17 years might I add, I think I can confidently say I know where to go for breaky/Lunch when you're on your double work shift. I have been going to GONE bakery for well over 10 years, I remember going there for our favorite soup with grandma after ski lessons. Yesterday I chose to go to GONE for some soup on my lunch break; it was THE WORST, MOST UNPLEASANT experience I have EVER had there. I have never been talked to so rudely by the Australian cashier at the front , I was very kind and polite to her and she clearly ignored me when I was standing at the front for 5 minutes. She arrogantly greeted me and asked "what do you want?". I asked her a couple questions about the soup and she was very short and did not give me any answers about the ingredients, she didn't even know what was in the soup. I then asked her if she gave a local discount, because almost EVERYWHERE in whistler offers a 10% or 20% locals discount, I know the company I work for does. She said " no of course not, we never do that." which i found INCREDIBLY WEIRD because I have received a locals discount there MULTIPLE TIMES over the last 10 years.
Clearly the cashier was having a bad day and needed to take her anger out on a customer. All of the other staff were standing around chatting and gossiping to each other and completely ignoring the guests around them, I have never felt so unwelcome in a local establishment I have loved to go to for so long, It makes me sad that these foreign workers come into our town and treat us so poorly.

• Visited August 2013