“Gone Bakery; a long-time fav I will not go back to for a LONG TIME” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Gone Whistler Village Eatery

Ranked #53 of 165 restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Gone Bakery; a long-time fav I will not go back to for a LONG TIME”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Being a long-time Whistler local, of 17 years might I add, I think I can confidently say I know where to go for breaky/Lunch when you're on your double work shift. I have been going to GONE bakery for well over 10 years, I remember going there for our favorite soup with grandma after ski lessons. Yesterday I chose to go to GONE for some soup on my lunch break; it was THE WORST, MOST UNPLEASANT experience I have EVER had there. I have never been talked to so rudely by the Australian cashier at the front , I was very kind and polite to her and she clearly ignored me when I was standing at the front for 5 minutes. She arrogantly greeted me and asked "what do you want?". I asked her a couple questions about the soup and she was very short and did not give me any answers about the ingredients, she didn't even know what was in the soup. I then asked her if she gave a local discount, because almost EVERYWHERE in whistler offers a 10% or 20% locals discount, I know the company I work for does. She said " no of course not, we never do that." which i found INCREDIBLY WEIRD because I have received a locals discount there MULTIPLE TIMES over the last 10 years.
Clearly the cashier was having a bad day and needed to take her anger out on a customer. All of the other staff were standing around chatting and gossiping to each other and completely ignoring the guests around them, I have never felt so unwelcome in a local establishment I have loved to go to for so long, It makes me sad that these foreign workers come into our town and treat us so poorly.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Vancouver, Canada
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Reasonably priced breakfasts for dine in or take out! The potatoes with my scrambled eggs were delicious!

Visited July 2013
Jasper, Canada
“Narrow minded”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

In 2013 when people have different dietary needs, one would have thought that separating eggs so my husband could get egg white scrambled without the yolk would be easy...the response "we don't have any use for the yolks so no." My response "he cannot eat the yolks so throw them out?" Their response "They are our organic eggs so no we cannot throw out the yolks". My response "well then fry the bloody yolks and I will eat them" and they STILL refused. So narrow minded it boggled my mind. We did not ask them to add in extra whites, nothing like that, just separate the yolks and scramble only the whites! What a let down as we went there specifically because they advertized gluten-free and I was thrilled to get baked goods as I am gluten intolerant. Their narrow minded attitude totally erased the positive feeling that I got when they had gluten-free muffins as they would not accomodate my husband's request. Very disappointing!

Visited July 2013
Waterdown, Canada
“great soups and a must try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

fantastic soups (had 3 bean/ham, and corn chowder) with sourdough bread. Both were excellent and huge portions. Funky decor certainly catering to a basic, earthy and grounded crowd. Would absolutely recommend that everyone try to find this place (behind/through the bookstore!). Our son was happy with the brisket sandwich, The best eco sense idea: using dry fettuccine as eco friendly stir sticks for coffee! Gets my vote for creativity!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver Island
“Average, Nothing More”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Went here on a recommendation of a local for lunch, but were not impressed. Food seemed rather bland and ordinary.

Visited June 2013