“Average, Nothing More” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Vancouver Island
“Average, Nothing More”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Went here on a recommendation of a local for lunch, but were not impressed. Food seemed rather bland and ordinary.

Visited June 2013

81% Recommend
washington state
“Unique Little Cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Just came back from a weekend in Whistler, BC. Did some research on tripadvisor and read about the Gone bakery. Without tripadvisor reviews we never would have found this place. Yesterday we picked up food for dinner. My partner had the beef stew with jalapeno bread and I had the chicken curry with brown rice. The beef stew was a bit too thick and was bland. The bread was quite good. I really enjoyed my curry dish but wished it had a bit more curry in the sauce. The price for dinner was really reasonable - around $17.00. The next morning we went for breakfast. We both had lattes, my partner had the breakfast kaiser and I had the breakfast wrap and we got a cookie to go. The cost was $27.25 which I felt was a bit steep for breakfast. The only thing I feel was a bit too high were the lattes. It's unusual to go to a local coffee joint and pay more than Starbucks would charge. We were both happy with our breakfast sandwiches but both agreed that my wrap was the better of the two although I had asked for the tomatoes to be put on the side - when it came there were some on the side but they also put them in the wrap which I had asked them not to do.

This is a walk up to the counter to order and pay kind of place. They will bring your food to the table but don't check back with you. In other words, if you want to be waited on this is not the place to go. However, if you want to find a laid back place that offers a really interesting variety of food then you should try it. I would go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“2 Words! Breakfast Wrap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This place is well priced, especially on a backpackers budget! Their food literally kept me going during some rough times! The homemade aspect was great - nice hearty food to warm your belly :) As well, the breakfast wrap, I found to die for, and a great start to the day before going up the mountain! (Also, great for a hangover)! Wifi's set up well and the place feels really cosy & casual! Lovely little place, if I end up in Whistler again, I will definitely be dropping in :)

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney
“Keenly Priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stopped here for a coffee prior to going dog sledding (they share premises with Whistler Dog Sled Co). Friendly service, well priced organic drip coffee - only $2.50 for 16 oz cup. Cozy spots to sit and also has free wifi and computers (paid for) and a printer in the internet cafe part of the shop. More of a locals vibe than some overpriced places on the Village Stroll.

Visited April 2013
“Great place to get some work done!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've looked all over Whistler for places to work and this one is the best! They have free wifi and great soups, coffees, hot chocolates... all the ingredients to keep you focussed! It's also fairly quiet as it's hidden away behind a book store. Staff are friendly and will attend to you occasionally (to offer food/drinks) if you say you are working.

• Visited March 2013