“Heli ski tour” 5 of 5 stars

218-4293 Mountain Square, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Coast Range Heliskiing is Whistler's premier boutique heliskiing and boarding operation, offering the most authentic backcountry powder experience available. We fly in small groups of 4 to 5 guests, ensuring every experience is tailored to the group or individual. With over 200,000 acres of diverse terrain from big mountain powder lines to secluded tree skiing, you can be sure no two days with Coast Range Heliskiing are ever the same! Book your CRH adventure today and see what makes us Whistler's boutique heli-skiing outfit of choice!
Laguna Hills, California
“Heli ski tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just plain OMG,the best of the best adrenaline rush ever,been 2 prior seasons,can't say enough about the staff,heli pilot knew exactly where to go,the guides are all unbelievable,definatly a must

Visited February 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
14 attraction reviews
“Very professional operation, very memorable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We were first time heli-skiers so I researched the companies to the extent possible. There are not many reviews of Coast out there but I definitely want to recommend them. True, I cannot compare them to other heli operations but I have traveled extensively and done a variety of tours including snowmobiling, canyoning, skydiving, etc.

This was an extremely well run operation – I was impressed by their efficiency while still making the experience personal. I primarily chose them because they had smaller group sizes which was preferable to me (5 skiers to one guide). After having completed the trip, I cannot imagine going with a big group of 10 or 12. I really liked the smaller size (it felt safer to me – I wanted eyes on the guide at all times!) and it made the experience more personable.

I was very impressed with the thoroughness and matter of fact approach to safety preparations. They did a great job of not sugarcoating the dangers involved, but also not scaring us. We spent about 45 minutes discussing safety, including running a mock search with our beacons. We also practiced how to get in and out of the helicopter before we were up on the mountain.

We had some heavier cloud cover so our first couple runs weren’t exactly where I wanted them to be (i.e. those wide open bowls I think everyone is looking for). The bottom third of these runs were in the trees, which I personally don’t like to ski and felt that wasn’t quite the experience I was looking for. That said, we were able to get more into the big expansive areas for the remaining runs and they were pretty awesome. My husband and I had only intended to do 4 runs but those were completed before lunch and we weren’t tired at all, so we added two more runs to the day for a total of six. After the sixth, I was getting tired so that was the right number for us.

Lunch was in a valley with sandwiches and thermoses of soup. It was cool to feel like you were out in the middle of nowhere having a winter picnic.

It’s a pretty fast paced day so probably the only thing I wish they would’ve done differently is found an opportunity for us to get a picture in front of the helicopter up in the mountains.

Overall, this company was extremely buttoned up and offered a great experience.

Tip - Ladies, bring some TP. Also, wear fewer layers than you normally would on a regular mountain – the pace is fast and there is less rest time so we were a little on the warm side.

San Francisco, California
“Bucket List Item Knocked off the list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I posted this same review on Yelp...

"All of the Heli-trip companies are good, but the one the locals scrounge their pennies up for is Coast Range". This is what a season pass-holder from Seattle told us while hanging out at the hot tub at the Westin.

My wife and I came to Whistler for our honeymoon and decided to knock off one of our bucklet list items. Had the previous 2 years in Tahoe been decent, we would probably be in Tahiti. We did some research and decided on CRH because they only take groups up to 5.

We got picked up at 745 at our hotel and met our fellow skiers and got to out pick up point about 1/2 hour later in Pemberton. We met our guides Tyler and Graham. They had pastries, fruit and coffee waiting for us. They then sat us down to go over the saftey gear which included the avalance transponders. When the helicopter arrived the explained the procedure and saftey rules. Never once did we feel we would be put in harms way.

They picked a peak about 10-15 minutes away. We booked the 6 runs option (were dying after 4), had lunch after 5 runs and paid for two additional runs. The had sandwiches, salads and soup waiting for us. Every run was on percect unbelievible terrain. For any avid skiier, this is a must do.

Only negative...we were their last trip of the season and you'll have to wait till December.

Visited April 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Best Heliskiing experience of my life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I've Heliskied around the world and enjoyed all of it. But after my first heliski trip with CRH 11 years ago, the consistent quality of terrain, safety, consideration for all guests and great times, I had to write a recommendation. From my experience, this is the best heliskiing in the world. I had a good feeling from these guys as soon as I rang up for my first reservation. They are a simple outfit of local people who Love what they do. The amount and quality of terrain is unbeatable. The guides and staff are super knowledgable, safe, and genuine. They know this Terrain and always find the best snow. Whether you come to Heliski with CRH for a week or just for a day away from Whistler, they always come thru! Thanks guys!!!!

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Great service, terrain, and company!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is a top notch operation from start to finish! The day starts in Whistler Village where they pick you up for a short 30 minute drive to their base in beautiful Pemberton. After breakfast, a short meet and greet with your guide and introductions to your ski partners for the day we receive about 45 minutes of avy/beacon training before we started for the day. We were at the top of our first run by about 10am and managed to squeeze in 8 by the end of the day, including about 45 mins for a mountain-top lunch. They offer two packages of 4 or 6 runs, which you will almost certainly exceed, seems like the average is more like 8-12 for the keenest groups. At $95 a pop for extra runs, this can add up quickly but when you're out there it seems totally worth it! I will definitely return for another day next season, thanks for a great day out!