“So much family fun and laughter” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 89 Activities in Whistler
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Wedge offers Whitewater Rafting Tours in Whistler, BC from 2.5 hour excursions to full day adventures, departing Whistler Village up to eight times daily. Experience an amazing Whistler river adventure on the Green, Cheakamus or Elaho-Squamish Rivers only minutes away from the resort. The tours include full wetsuits, transportation, instruction and professional raft guides. You just need to bring yourself, your swimsuit and a sense of adventure!
london
“So much family fun and laughter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We booked the Cheakamus river trip which was the best fit for our family. We had the added bonus of literally 1000s of salmon swimming and jumping upstream to spawn. The guides are fantastic and totally made this a family memory to last forever. I have not laughed so much for a very long time. We enjoyed ourselves sooo much. It has definitely been a highlight of our three week tour of BC. Worth every penny!

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Elaho-Squamish river was a blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I had an amazing time! The whole trip takes 8 hours including muffins and drinks for breakfast, watermelon and snacks for lunch, and a bbq at the end with a choice of beef or salmon (a giant salmon steak) burgers. The views were incredible and we hit some amazing waves and rapids. It was my first time going white water rafting and the whole trip was very manageable for me.
The guides were awesome, especially Vince!
This first white water rafting experience made me fall in love with it and I for sure want to do more now!

Vancouver, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Had a blast! Strongly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This adventure was a present to my daughter for her birthday. I never wanted to go but am glad I did. We had a blast! Thanks to the guides this was one of the best times my daughter and I ever had.

Visited July 2013
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Great rafting trip for beginners (Cheakamus)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Wedge Rafting did a great job with a rafting trip for me and my 9-year-old son. We met up at the Wedge office in the Village in Whistler, and took a 40-minute bus ride to Wedge's base on the Cheakamus River. This is the lowest-level rafting trip they offer. It's basically a 90-minute float down the river, with only level 1 and occasional level 2 rapids, which were expertly handled by our guide, Hazard, who was great with the kids and kept up a lively commentary on various sights, birds, rafting techniques, and the like. The Wedge employees were a fun group of guys who all seemed to be either Australians or New Zealanders. They joked a lot but were serious about safety, which was great. They provide all the equipment needed - wetsuit including shoes, life jacket, etc. There are toilets (portable but clean) and a place to securely store clothes/valuables at the base. All in all, this trip was as advertised and was a great time. Cost was about $140 for one adult and one kid, excluding tip. We did multiple outdoor activities through The Adventure Group, which got us a discount of around 10-20% depending on the activity. Highly recommended.

Montreal, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Awesome rafting trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I had a blast on this rafting trip. The staff were really nice and helpfull (especially JS) the river we went on (elaho-skwamish river) was insanely gorgeous and the water was super high and made for awesome challenges and the feeling of excitement and danger were def there. We got free photos online and the food when we got back was very good. The staff is what made this trip amazing, super cheery and happy and talkative!