“Glad to be back in the States” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler

You added Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler to your Saves list
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   4591 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Ski Whistler
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Whistler
Seattle, Washington
“Glad to be back in the States”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Where do I begin? First of all when I walked into the room there was a strange odor. Not quite as bad as cigarette smoke but still bad. The room itself was quite small. Then I walked into the bathroom and it was almost like the housekeeper did not clean the tub. So, I called the Front Desk and they immediately came up to the room and cleaned the tub and sprayed something for the smell. They also made you pay $15 for the better internet which I thought was ridiculous. For a Four Seasons Hotel I was greatly disappointed. I have stayed at 2 star hotel in California a lot better than this. Also, Canadians are like New Yorkers . They are rude and drive very aggressively. If you drive 5 mph over the speed limit they will run you off the road. If it is at night then they will flash their High beams at you. This was my first and last trip to Canada especially to whistler.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank 31danc007
Jessalyn, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear 31danc007,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us to provide your comments. Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your recent stay. Your feedback is valuable and provides us an opportunity to address areas that clearly we failed to meet expectations. I would be grateful for an opportunity to discuss your stay in further detail and please find my contact information below.

With renewed apologies,

Ben Shank
Resort Manager
ben.shank@fourseasons.com
604-966-2663

Rocky River, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

When you stay at a Four Seasons you expect a high-end experience. With this in mind, our recent stay was only "average." Attention to detail seemed to be missing.

First off, upon checking-in, we weren't given a floor plan or list of amenities. After prompting we were told the hotel doesn't have one? It sure would have been nice to know about the wine tastings, spa hours, breakfast buffet hours, location of the pool/hours, car service, location of our room relative to the rest of the property, best route into the village, etc. While we figured these things out by asking a lot of questions (often too late to take advantage of the amenities), a list of amenities and floor plan would have been nice and saved us time.

Secondly, we had internet issues the entire stay. Numerous calls to get it fixed always resulted in a hard transfer to overseas (?) tech support and a waste of 30-60 minutes (and in some cases, the issues still didn't get resolved). By the way, I know most Four Seasons guests don't blink an eye at this, but why make your guests pay $15+/day for internet service (the "complimentary" internet is intentionally super slow and you can only connect to one device - you have no choice but to upgrade). I'm already paying a premium to stay at a Four Seasons property, do you have to nickel and dime me for functional internet service? It's the principle, not the cost - is $15 worth the risk of irritating guests?

And finally, and I KNOW this is going to sound trivial, while the hotel did provide coffee in the morning, it was removed by 8-8:30 am? Removing coffee by 8-8:30 am on a weekend?

For a lower-end hotel I'd look past all these issues, but I expect more from a Four Seasons property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ER3627
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Exceptional valet staff who were so helpful every time we dealt with them - used the complimentary hotel car a couple times, plus check-in & out helping with our bags. The front desk staff offered us free drinks while we waited for our room since it wasn't ready yet at regular check-in.
At the pool the staff is wonderful & so helpful, bringing umbrellas & menus & anything we needed. Love the cucumber water available - & sunscreen came in handy too. They accommodated my gluten allergy by heating up fresh oil so I could have wings which were delicious!
My only complaint was the bed seemed rather worn out - somewhat sloped & too soft for me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
upstate new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Staff is professional and wonderful. Concierge very helpful with the Whistler Area. Loved the complimentary car service that took us around the area. Rooms are very spacious and beautifully decorated. Loved the balcony. Just a quiet, relaxing resort. Not in the middle of all the action of the town of Whistler but just a short walk away. A Wonderful Place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ginaway
Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Whistler. Spent our anniversary here a couple years ago in September for 3 nights and never had any complaints. The hotel and the grounds are stunning. Great pool and spa. The walk into town is about 15 minutes so it's not too far to walk at all. Will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Erin C
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I rarely send in reviews (but use TripAdvisor all the time), but my experience at the Four Seasons was so good, that I thought I had to submit a review. Me and my wife are from Vancouver and went up to Whistler for our anniversary. The service we experienced from the staff was absolutely top notch from arrival to departure and made our anniversary weekend fantastic. We both have stayed in many nice hotels all over the world, but we couldn't think of a place that had better service overall. It was the little things - like having champagne in the room for us for our anniversary, or the car service available to take us to/from dinner or giving out complimentary frozen watermelon/freezies at the pool - that made the difference and the experience memorable.

For a luxury experience with an amazing pool for those warm nights in the summer - I would highly recommend the Four Seasons in Whistler (...I know we will be going back soon!!)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jeremy B
Naperv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our family of 4 (kids 9 & 10) had never been to Whistler, although we tend to take summer vacations in the mountains. Our experience in Whistler and specifically at the Four Seasons was top-notch. The pool and spa were great, and the service across the board was excellent. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, and were very happy with the size of the room, the cleanliness, and comfort. The balcony was quite nice as well. The property is located in the upper village, which was considerably quieter than the lower village. We liked this, but it was a short walk to get to the base of Blackcomb and a longer walk to get to the base of Whistler. If you want to be on top of the action in the lower village, you probably want to stay in a different place. They have a shuttle service to and from the hotel that we didn't use, but would have if we chose to go somewhere outside of the area.

Overall I would rate it highly, and would absolutely stay there again if/when we go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family