“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler to your Saves list
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   4591 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Breakfast & Parking Pkg.
Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
New Westminster, Canada
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I booked to celebrate my wife's birthday. From the moment we arrived the staff were friendly. The room was modern and luxurious, I had ordered roses in our room that were beautiful. The front desk staff recommended a great restaurant and were extremely helpful. I requested an upgrade to our room and as it was the end of the ski season the hotel accommodated my request.

The location is perfect and only a 15 minute walk into the village, this was great as we parked our car and never drove. I would recommend this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay, The spa and pool were located close to each other.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the mountains
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Korean first
Edenbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

From the moment we arrived it was perfect. Hotels and service don't get any better!
Having stayed at Chateau Whistler and the Westin, I was expecting a similar standard and was completely blown away (and I am fussy!). The staff were attentive, the room (and upgrade) were wonderful with a mountain view, the jacuzzi hot - along with the heated ski boots! We would vacation here every winter if we could...

Room Tip: The mountain view was lovely and although we were given a free room upgrade to a suite, i would pay...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I spent 3 nights again at this fantastic place. As always, the service is really at the best. I had to do a few specific requests at the concierge. All team did a fantastic job to solve my requests. Thanks so much.

Otherwise, I like this place for the great room, good restaurant and the enjoyable spa.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My only other experience with a five star hotel is in Las Vegas (the Venetian and the Bellagio) where the amenities might be five star, but since I am not a high roller ("Kitty Glitter" at the Imperial Palace is my favorite slot game), I have never experienced true five star service. That is until my stay at the Four Seasons Resort Whistler. Wow. I could get used to this!

Good things:

* Service. From the minute we pulled up, the valet welcomed us and whisked our mis-matched luggage to our room (refusing a tip, I might add!). Kudos, also to the free shuttle to the village via a Mercedes SUV. We never had to wait longer than five minutes and the guys were super friendly.

* Spacious room. We had a deluxe room with a king bed (which looked more like a queen). Our two daughters were greeted with oversized, homemade chocolate cookies with a side of gummie bears. The 500+ sq foot room was nicely appointed and didn't feel hotel-like. (46" LCD tv and a dvd player - too bad I forgot to bring my backlog of Netflix from home!) The walk-in closet was great for hiding our sins of overpacking. The bathroom was luxe with a separate stone shower and deep soaking tub. Ahhhh.....

* Pool and spaaaaah. Having kids, you are forced to swim, regardless of outside conditions. The pool was a nice size, but could have been a few degrees warmer. The three hot tub were the best. My kids absolutely LOVED the ladies changing room: private showers, steam room, cold rain shower, fruit-infused water, etc.... The spa services looked nice (and pricey) on paper. I just can't pay more than $120 for a facial.

* The little things: L'Occitane toiletries, turndown service, comfy white linens, etc.

Adequate things:

* Free internet....for one device. Huh? We just came from the Sheraton Wall Centre where their free internet policy allowed for up to three devices. We managed to toggle between the iPad and iTouch, but still.....a family's gotta have their technology options. (I know I could pay $15 a day for faster, unlimited internet usage, but still!)

* Work out area. Lots of cardio machines with added-on TV screens, but along with the limited weight machines, they were a bit dated. I read that they had various classes (mat pilates, yoga and spin), but I never saw a schedule posted. (It was the low season, so they might have been canceled.)

Ugh:

* Parking @ $35 night. I know this has become a standard rate (and rant of mine), but still. What happened to the $18 of a few years ago?

If you want to be in the loud and crazy mix of Whistler Village, this hotel is not for you. If you are looking for a true vacation filled with service and relaxation, the Four Seasons is it. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the tranquility of our room that faced Blackcomb. Slight view of a parking lot and tenni...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Purpose of visit:
7 Nights

Room Type/Name:
Executive Suite (Was "upgraded" from a Mountain view room to the executive - but not a great view) #303

Specific Comments about stay:
Nice hotel, hot chocolate in lobby near elevators. In rooms, not much places to hang wet clothes from skiing. Need a clothes rack in the rooms.

Amenities of the room:
Bar fridge, coffee maker, gas fire, separate lounge dining area, huge bathroom, mirrors are plenty, huge walk through wardrobe,

Amenities of the hotel:
ski concierge/fit out down stairs. Pool, spa, sauna, restaurant - SideCut (very good restaurant), breakfast and lounge also in same area. Free shuttle to Whistler mountain village. Private town cars very nice, we used them a few times, didnt cost us.

Service Provided:
Cleaners will re-arrange all your belongings if you leave them out (every day). Concierge very helpful and went above and beyond on our check out day. Check in Kiosk - one person not very well trained or new, didnt explain anything to our friends checking in. Feather pillows very unsupportive, when asked for a memory foam pillow, was brought another feather haha
Ski fit out on ground level fitted me out in ski boots two sizes too big - I literally could not walk that arvo & night, could not go out to eat, had to crawl around the room :( Painkillers could be brought up for a high collection fee. They also fitted my friend out with ski's that were too short and bindings wrong and poles that were too short. We got all this changed on the second day, and was better from then on. I had to also buy inserts from a shop $60 because they had already done damage to my feet, and it was the only way I could ski the next day - with small boots as well.

Things I wish I'd known before visiting:
Wifi - not free for more than one device, have to pay $15 PER DAY for up to three devices. Everything here costs (apart from the town cars lol)

Location Details:
Blackcomb mountain village - more high end hotels are. Very nice location, 3 min walk to base. Concierge at base with all your ski gear - hot choc, moisturiser etc etc. 5-10min drive to Whistler.

Overall experience:
Great hotel, very clean and what you would expect. Could have been treated a little more like royalty for where we were staying, but I guess we wernt important enough lol. Main gripe from staff was about all the snobs and horribly rude rich people that stay here. Lucky we arnt one of those! Would stay here again, nothing really to complain about.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Anaheim Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I just got back from spring skiing vacation and loved the experience. The hotel staff was very helpful. The ski concierge was nice and for free! We ordered room service and the pasta Bolognese was better than many nice restaurants in town! I must say , I enjoyed the kick back pacific northwest attitude and some of the other reviews just do not make sense to me. The views were amazing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

A fabulous experience for the second year in a row with only 1 issue.
On arriving very late we were greeted in the bar by Adree a full year on and her greeting was so warm "welcome back you guys"
The location is superb, the rooms are excellent and the best description is like being wrapped in a cosy blanket by he fire!
Concierge service and ski valet are excellent nothing is too much trouble. Side cut restaurant in the hotel serves some of the best steaks on the planet! Try tenderloin with number 7 rub!
W had a fantastic time the only negative was a member of staff on front desk. Tricia? Her automatic response to any request was to decline the request and say no. She won my award as being the most rude and unhelpful member of staff! But don't let this put you off it is a truly amazing hotel and resort and we will go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd Y, Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Chocoholi,
Thank you posting your comments and it was so nice to hear that you were so warmly welcomed back to Whistler by Adree. We are so fortunate to have her as part of our Whistler family. I was equally concerned to hear of your experience with one of our front desk agents. Please accept my heart felt apologies as this clearly is unacceptable and I will be personally following up on this disappointing feedback. It is my sincere hope that we may again welcome you back soon. If I may be of any assistance please contact me directly.

Warm regards,
Todd Yamaoka
Resort Manager
todd.yamaoka@fourseasons.com

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler? Share your experiences!