“Beautiful Whistler” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler

You added Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler to your Saves list
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   4591 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
Lismore, Australia
“Beautiful Whistler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

On our recent tour of Canada we were fortunate to stay at the Four Seasons Resort at Whistler. What a wonderful place to stay. The rooms were huge and so beautifully appointed. The bathroom was to die for and the side dressing room/wardrobe was just great. This place was one of the memorable places on our Evergreen tour of Canada. Totally recommend the resort.

Room Tip: All rooms that our friends stayed in were just great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Just got back from an amazing 5 night stay at the Four Seasons Resort Whistler and loved every minute of it.

The staff is absolutely wonderful and we felt that everything was taken care of from the minute we arrived:

•    We had a beautiful suite with fireplace and a great view at the mountains.
•    The Concierge gave us great recommendations and advice not only for restaurants but what to wear and where to ski - depending on the weather
•    After we took the courtesy car once we realized that it is only a 3 minute walk to the ski concierge and a little further to the heart of the village and it is a very nice walk
•    The restaurant is excellent, one of the best in Whistler and the breakfast buffet is absolutely delicious (loved the homemade granola). We also had dinner there and it was such a great experience to chose the steak, the rub and the selection of homemade sauces. One of the best steaks we had – it melted in our mouth
•    We rented our ski equipment in the shop at the hotel and the next day everything was waiting for us at the ski concierge (including my own boots, so that I did not have to carry them).
•    The ski concierge offered us complimentary hot chocolate and cookies when we came back from a day of skiing and when I wanted to switch my skis they took care of immediately and the next day everything was ready for me. One time we had lunch and somebody else mistakenly took my skis and after I told the ski concierge they sorted it out and the next day my skis were waiting for me again. Not having to deal with things like this on vacation is priceless! The Ski Concierge is so great that I prefer this over a ski in / ski out resort!
•    The spa is amazing but just sitting in the hot tub with a drink is quite relaxing
•    That staff was outstanding and they really anticipated our needs in all areas

We had a wonderful stay and we hope to be back to experience one of the other seasons as well!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

A family weekend get away/business meeting so was able to get an okay rate due to conference. If we were paying the original rate would be very disappointed. Comfortable, clean, and great service but can get this at other hotels for less $$. No kitchen and small rooms. Westin is a better value with full kitchen and comparable comfort and service.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed here two years ago and everything was perfect. This time however was a little less impressive. I still think it's the best property in Whistler, but I hope management can take note of the following:

Ski Concierge - while it felt luxurious and exclusive last time, it felt like a zoo this time. Mind you, it was a super busy period with Chinese New Year, family day long weekend and all. No matter how hard the staff tried they simply couldn't cope. Arriving at 8:45 in the morning it was a struggle to even find a seat, not to mention getting the attention of any staff. There were plenty of mistakes made: wrong shoe size, wrong helmet size etc. One day after changing to a pair of more comfy ski boots, they forgot to change the corresponding setting on my skis, luckily I checked just before leaving hotel, otherwise I would be scrambling for help on the slopes! Another occasion I found snowboard gears of another guest placed inside my room, blocking my entire hallway. A tip for management: do not use just surnames of guests. There can easily be guests with the same surname staying at the same time, especially during Chinese New Year!

Room - my biggest gripe was their duvet. Instead of using a proper duvet cover, they use a couple of bed sheets to sandwich it. Inevitable during the night, the sheets get messed up and you end up sleeping with an uncovered duvet which I found extremely uncomfortable and unhygienic.

and concierge - generally excellent but a couple of times I called the concierge from my room they had to call me back, and there was one time it took almost 2 hours for them to call

Restaurant - breakfast was a rip off. Full buffet only includes diluted juices, fresh juices extra charge. Same with coffee, only black coffee included, cappuccino costs an extra $7, and it was possibly the worst cappuccino I ever tasted. I went for the cold buffet only but my kid couldn't finish an egg yolk so I helped him. The waiter immediately slapped a full buffet charge on me. Not cool.
Dinner at Sidecut was fine and the steaks were good. But the waiter forgot our drinks order completely, not once, but twice!

Valet and shuttle drivers - the brightest spot during our stay. Top notch service. Friendly, efficient and willing.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have just returned from a truly fantastic 14 night stay at the Four Seasons in Whistler. My Wife and I have skied many weeks all over Canada, North America and Europe and this was our fourth visit to Whistler. We have stayed in several other 5 star hotels in Town and this is the best - we will definitely be staying here again in the future.

The room was spacious and extremely quiet with a nice view of the mountains. The bathroom was large and luxurious and with 2 walk in wardrobes we had plenty of space for all of our gear.

We ate several breakfasts in the hotel and whilst expensive they are truly excellent with plenty of choice and tentative staff. We ate at Sidecut once which was fantastic and Fifty Two 80 once which was also very good. Sidecut wasn't cheap but this is Whistler! We ate in other fine dining restaurants in town and out of 4 of the best - Sidecut was actually the least expensive meal.

The spa was great - we both had treatments during our stay and used the hot tubs often after a day on the slopes. The views, fresh mountain air and poolside service all adds to the experience. As others have said the Ski concierge really went out of their way to make our holiday super special. Paul and his team greeted us by name daily and immediately sorted out our boots and skis. There is nothing like it at the end of the day having your ski's collected at the bottom of the slopes, slipping into your comfy shoes while sipping on a nice hot chocolate and a warm cookie while your mates clump around in ski boots, carrying skis to catch a bus - and that was a real bonus indeed.

Being in Blackcomb meens that it is nice and quiet and the hotel shuttle service is timely, welcoming and extremely efficient - we never waited more than a few minutes in 14 days and used the service daily. They even gave us a private car and drove us to Whistler Village at 6.30am so we could do 'Fresh Tracks' - Great Service,

In summary this is the best hotel in Whistler and We will definitely return. The Manager Todd and all of his staff did a wonderful job in making our stay perfect. The one and only thing that I found slightly annoying was that the free Wifi only applied to one device and there was a $15 daily charge for additional devices but I'm not marking down for that - its not a big deal just a slight annoyance when we have a blackberry and iPhone and an iPad between you.

THANK YOU Four Seasons - we will be back for sure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hotel is absolutely terrific. The rooms were comfortable, quiet and well appointed. It lacked nothing. The service was really outstanding and attentive. I have stayed here before and each time am completely satisfied. We rented our ski equipment in the basement and the next day everything was waiting for us. The staff was amazing. Always cheery and helpful and making sure we were looked after. I have stayed in many first rate hotels and this is clearly one of the best all around. I really can't think of any bad points.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed at the Four Seasons Resort for a night on a last-minute trip to Whistler with the family. We arrived at 11:00am, (check in is at 3pm), however they had no problem getting us into a room (we had to upgrade room type for $30 CAD). Kids each got a little stuffed animal, that they loved and made them feel special. Our room, 724 was amazing compared to the other hotels we have stayed at in Whistler. I had booked via hotels.com, and ended up with a Deluxe twin room not a King as I thought we were getting. Room had 2 twin beds, and a pull-out sofa bed. That was my mistake though, and I won't ever book through a third-party site again! It worked though for us, since we were just there for a night. Room was very spacious, and had a balcony. Very large bathroom. Everything was super clean. Staff were excellent throughout the hotel. Everyone always smiling, and asking how our day was, etc. The pool area at the Four Seasons is definitely the best pool area of any of the hotels in Whistler. The outdoor pools are kept very warm, and you can't go wrong with Pool Bar service starting at 3pm. :) We missed the afternoon s'mores the hotel does every day, however I heard good things about the s'mores and the hot chocolate in the lobby. There is a restaurant and bar on site, both of which get very busy. Make reservations for dinner and get in early in the morning for breakfast. The breakfast buffet selections were a little disappointing for what you would expect at a 5 star resort (or a Four Seasons in general). Very basic, no seafood specialties etc. We ordered off the a la carte menu, and were very shocked at the charge for $5.00 for a regular coffee. Dinner at Sidecut - Food was amazing, service was terrible. (but that will be another review). Overall, we had a fantastic time here, and were sad when we had to move to the Pan Pacific. (hotel was booked solid). A very expensive hotel stay, however worth every penny! This is the only hotel I will come back to in Whistler.... just make sure you book well in advance to avoid paying ridiculously high prices.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler? Share your experiences!