“Four Seasons Resort Hotel Blackcomb” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler

You added Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler to your Saves list
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   4591 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay Longer and Save!
Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Four Seasons Resort Hotel Blackcomb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

What a fantastic hotel this is! Top end luxury rooms, terrific helpful and obliging staff,food to die for and the skiing is pretty good as well!
Blackcomb is the better part of Whistler unless you're looking for hectic nightlife and packed bars in which case choose an hotel in Whistler itself.
We liked the layout of the hotel, the grounds relate really well to the inside space and there are good views of the mountains.

Room Tip: our room was a premier, not sure what the other grades would be like.we were able to entertain in th...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Korean first
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

My family & I stayed at the Four Seasons Whistler for 5 nights in March. Our last visit was in April of 2006 before the Olympics and we had a fantastic time. We were a little worried that it wouldn't live up to our memories and expectations, but happily, the hotel was even better than we remembered. The road up to Whistler from Vancouver is way easier to drive now and the views are spectacular. The hotel itself is much as we remembered, impeccably spotless everywhere, with all the staff completely focused on customers. From the moment we pulled into the driveway, we felt pampered. Because we booked our stay through a Four Seasons Preferred Partner travel agency, we were given a complimentary upgrade to an Executive suite from a Premier room, which was great for our family of 4. The kids both received little stuffed toys at check in, huge chocolate chip cookies with their names written on them and because we were celebrating a birthday, 4 mini cupcakes and candles for the birthday girl. My husband & I had a fruit plate and some Evian, which was much appreciated after our flight and drive from Vancouver.

We ate breakfast each morning at Sidecut and had dinner there the first night of our stay. After our long day of travel, our 6 year old was a little tired. During our dinner, our server, Pauline saved us from cutting our meal short by pulling a little plastic penguin our of her pocket and asking my daughter to keep an eye on him for her. Genius. She provided us with really fantastic, professional and caring service. The food at the hotel was the best that we had in Whistler. We ate at 3 other restaurants off property in the Village during our stay, but the food at the Four Seasons was the best. Oh, and by booking through the travel agent, we ate a delicious lunch in the lounge before we left with an $85 credit that was one of our amenities.

The room was really comfortable, large, yet cozy. My husband & I are picky about hotel beds and we slept like babies during our visit. I'd requested a quiet room away from the elevator and we didn't hear one peep from any other guests. Housekeeping was very efficient and thorough and we had some small maintenance issues which were resolved very quickly.

The Ski Concierge is such a luxury. Once you bring your helmet & goggles the first day, you literally don't have to carry anything back and forth your whole visit. It's a short 5 minute walk to the Ski Concierge, which is not a big deal, but it's not ski-in ski-out. The staff helped my husband & I get our kids ready to go each day in record time. This is really priceless when you have kids.

The biggest reason to stay here is for the service. The staff are all empowered to make sure that guests have exactly what they need and are happy. Diogo, one of the shuttle drivers, made a special stop for us at the Ski Concierge to grab our goggles when we went Ziplining on a snowy day, calling ahead and grabbing the baskets with our goggles in them himself, reassuring us that he'd return the baskets on his way back so we could go and enjoy ourselves.

I almost booked the Fairmont because they had some really great specials, but I'm so glad I didn't! We can't wait to go back next winter.

Room Tip: Use a Four Seasons Preferred Partner Travel Agent for lots of extras like free breakfast and a compl...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We ski all over the world but Whistler and The Four Seasons resort are in a class of their own . Whistler blows them all away !

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Great concierge service: friendly, helpful, and kind. Restaurant service left somewhat to be desired but did not dine in a lot (got our order wrong 80% of the time). Loved the afternoon hot chocolate and fresh cookie service near the outdoor pool/hot tub. Ski concierge mountainside was a great bonus- they also had fresh cookies and hot chocolate you could snack on after checking your skis and boots to be stored for the next morning, making walking/shuttling back to your room hassle free :) In room amenities were upgrades and quality. Enjoyed our gas light fireplace and balcony.

Room Tip: I cannot see any room being bad at this resort. Most appear to overlook the mountain, but my memory...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

First of all, Nature at its grandest!!! Wow just driving out there is amazing with the magnificent scenery surrounding you. It mountains, lakes, forrest, sheer rock monuments. Amazing and breath taking. Then you arrive at this luxury hotel where they don't know how to say no. The staff at the form desk and the concierge are always ready to assist you with a very welcoming smile. You take this for granted but it sure feels nice to see happy friendly people wanting to take care of you. The rooms were very spacious and the food was terrific. The only surprise I had was that the hotel was not a ski in ski out location. You actually have to take a short stroll (5 min) to the base of the mountain. But you do not have to carrie your skies and boost. they are brought down for you and stored and ready for you each morning. Very convenient and nice not to have to carry all your stuff to the mountain. For those gentlemen that score brownie points for caring your partners skies you are out of luck but you do make up for it with the hotel room electric fireplace! One thing for another and you will win on both accounts! Again the staff was great they even set up a romantic dinner outside, with 3 heater, underneath the stars at Twilight. they had candles a huge fire place and bed covers incase we needed it. What a night! If you are in doubt don't be this place is tremendous and a great place to go skiing.

Room Tip: Get something need the elevators
Prince Rupert
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed here recently while I attended a weekend conference.

Every aspect of our stay was just right.

The room was quite comfortable. As the weather was not the best, we spent a lot of time in the hotel and had quite an enjoyable time.

We had lunch at the hotel restaurant. I had a special dietary request (vegan) and I enjoyed the meal.

We have previously stayed at the Fairmont and the Westin in Whistler.

From now on the Four Seasons is our preferred place to stay.

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

We (my son and I) loved Whistler/Blackcomb and the Four Seasons. The hotel is lovely, the staff were really kind and wonderfully helpful, the rooms were clean and very nice, the internet was free, there was pool/hot tub bar service, ski valet available at base of Blackcomb, hot chocolate and warm cookies waiting when you hand in your skis at the end of the day... We had such a good time. It's a hoof from Florida to come to BC, but if I could I would come back all the time. Can't say enough about the whole place and this hotel!

Room Tip: I asked for a really quiet room and they let me try 2 before I settled on what would make me happies...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler? Share your experiences!