“Daughter's Wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of First Tracks Lodge

You added First Tracks Lodge to your Saves list
First Tracks Lodge
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2202 Gondola Way, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Ski and Stay Packages
Ranked #1 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
Toronto, Canada
“Daughter's Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Set at the base of Whistler Mountain, in the Creekside Village, First Tracks Lodge is literally steps from the Creekside Express Gondola, shopping, fine dining and après ski. We booked this 3 bedroom condo for our daughters wedding, and it was the most suitable condo for our purposes. The kitchen has everything you can ask for and the space in all of the bedrooms as well as in the dining and living room is sufficient for a family of eight. Our daughter and her friends got ready in our apartment in the morning of the wedding, and we all had enough room to accommodate them , even the hairdresser.
The pool area with a BBQ to use at any time makes going out for dinner not a necessity. Specially nice for a Family with young children. The view onto the gondola from our apartment would even be better in the winter. We would love to come back in the winter.

Room Tip: I assume all apartments are awesome in the First Track Lodge, try and book one with a view towards t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ovations, Director of Sales at First Tracks Lodge, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to provide the wonderful feedback of First Tracks Lodge. Secondly, congratulations on your daugther's marriage! It's great to hear that everything worked out so nicely, and that you all enjoyed your time at First Tracks Lodge and in Whistler Creekside. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Jaime

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at around 7pm, it is a slight inconvenience that you can't actually check in at this hotel, you have to check in at the neighbouring hotel and after quite a few hours I was initially not that impressed. However, this all changed when I entered the hotel, the underground parking is well located for the hotel and then we went to our room. We had the one bedroom self-catering suite and it was amazing. I couldn't believe how big it was, I have stayed at some good hotels but the facilities in this apartment were of a very top quality. Underfloor heating is standard in the bathrooms and kitchen and the kitchen is equipped with everything you could want to prepare a meal! Unfortunately there were quite a few stains on the carpet, but i'm sure that will be corrected by the start of the winter season.The local supermarket is very expensive for tourists and I advise you go to the bigger market in Whistler village if self catering for food.
The Jacuzzi bath was amazing and the bed very comfortable, unfortunately we didn't realise that coming towards the end of September a lot of the activites are closed. We couldn't get the skyride or get up the mountain at all as it only opened on weekends, the pool was closed for maintenance, and the hotel was generally a ghost town, so my advice don't come at the end of September!
So to summarise, amazing hotel despite the pool being closed, the apartment was fantastic everything you need for a weeks trip. Local supermarket is expensive, and lots of things are closed including some of the local eating establishments. We will be back in season and see this hotel running at it's full potential. Only side note is I left my wedding band on the bedside table, I have emailed the hotel twice and they still haven't replied.......... I hope the staff are honest and it will be returned......

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ovations, Director of Sales at First Tracks Lodge, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your stay at First Tracks Lodge. While I am happy to hear that enjoyed your room, I do apologize for the confusion surrounding the location of our check-in desk. Our 24 hour check-in location is situation in the building next door. We make mention of this in the reservation process on the phone, as well as include a note in our confirmation letters. It seems we may need to review how we communicate the check-in location so it is made more clear.

With regards to your note about your wedding band, I apologize for you not having heard back from anyone yet. I have replied to you in a direct message so we can take this offline.

Kind regards,

Jaime
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Everything about this hotel is amazing. Check in was easy and once we made it to our room we were amazed. It was perfect! It is a very cozy lodge style room which would be great in the winter. It also has very up to date appliances and nice flat screen TV's in the bedroom and living room. The room is a great size with a full kitchen and dining area in addition to a huge bedroom and bathroom. It is also extremely close to the creekside Gondola up whistler mountain (it was closed for the summer but opens up again for ski season)- it is literally right outside the back door. This would be very convenient for skiing in the winter. I really enjoyed that this hotel was in the creekside area instead of whistler village because it was so quiet at night. It was probably the most peaceful night that I have had in a long time. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We loved it so much that we booked our next stay on the same day that we checked out. We are going in the winter next time and I am sure that it will be even better!

Room Tip: Book early if you want to stay in the winter. It is September and already most of the weekends in th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Haywards Heath W. Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed with some friends for four nights as part of a fortnight's holiday in B.C. The main purpose of our holiday was to go hiking and Whistler presents endless opportunities.

Check-in was very straightforward. The room key gives you access to the underground car park. Some of the spaces are quite narrow when you're not used to driving a big American MPV!

Our room was huge. An enormous double bed, excellent well equipped bathroom, very well equipped kitchen and a comfortable living area. There were two flat screen TVs - one in the lounge and one in the bedroom. Outside was a lovely balcony with comfortable chairs and table. One of the other reviews mentioned about the thermostat - ours was OK but our friends had a problem which the hotel put right.

There is a nice pool area and hot tub.

First Tracks Lodge is only ten minutes drive from Whistler where you can park all day for free in Lot 4.

I would love to return to Whistler and if I did I would certainly use this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in September. This lodge is about a 10 minute drive to downtown Whistler in the little community to Creekside. I was planning on staying for only 2 night and decided to extend my stay for a few more nights. Well appointed, spacious and had everything you could want in the room. Would definitely return and I highly recommend First Tracks!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I booked first tracks lodge for my honeymoon the third week of August 2013. It was absolutely gorgeous in whistler and our single bedroom condo was amazing. We absolutely loved it! The kitchen had all the necessities to make breakfast. The bathroom had a nice jacuzzi style bathtub and a standing shower. There was a second bathroom also with a standing shower. we had the larger single bedroom. Since I had made the reservation 2 months in advance, I had put in a request for the larger single bedroom. The single bedroom can easily accommodate upto 4 people. The sofa in the living room is a sleeper sofa. The pool area has a grill so if you get your own meats, you can do your own grilling.

The best restaurant I found to eat walking distance from the hotel was the creekbread pizza place. Best pizza I have ever had. All organic and all that. Whistler village a short drive from this hotel and you can either drive there yourself or take the bus. The front desk sells bus tickets.

For groceries there are two options in the village, the marketplace and the grocery store. I would recommend the marketplace since its bigger, more variety, and alot more cheaper than the grocery store.

All in all a wonderful experience and we will be staying there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakdale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed there in July. Great unit, large and comfortable. Had everything you needed to make your stay relaxing. Plan on going back next year. When we arrived we had an issue with the thermostat's, within a few minutes someone came and instructed us on settings.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to First Tracks Lodge? Share your experiences!