My wife and I stayed here for a night and really enjoyed it.
The location of this hotel is excellent. You are literally 50 metres from the main walkway right through the Lower Village of Whistler which has tonnes of restaurants, stores, pubs, night-clubs and many excursion companies. The Upper Village is a short walk away so if you are debating between staying at one or the other, it likely doesn't matter as you can access both easily. Choosing where to stay in town will depend on your intended activities though. (The chair lifts are a short walk away too.)
We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant as we wanted to go out for dinner and see the town. The menu looked good and a tad on the expensive side.
The room was great. We stayed in 310. This has a pool view and had a bit more than a "peek-a-boo" view of the slopes. The wall-bed was comfortable. The kitchen is all you need if you want to stay in for your meals and/or have some extra drinks/snacks on hand. It contains all the dishes, cutlery, etc that you will need as well as stove and microwave. Everything was clean and in good shape. If you are considering a longer stay, this would be a good place to do it.
The service was good. Staff was friendly and helpful. We didn't consider room service so cannot comment on that.
-Parking is provided by a "third party" and costs $18/night underground. We were told that we have to vacate the underground parking lot by 1pm or we may get a ticket which the hotel has no control over. There is parking in large outdoor lots too. Lot 4 and 5 which is a fairly short distance away is free and if you drop your bags off first will not be a huge trek. Do not expect these lots to be available as they can get full easily. Lots 1-3 are pay parking and closer to the hotel.
-Lockers are provided in the hotel for sporting gear
-Check-out is 11AM but we easily had it changed to 12PM. We asked for later but they had already "reached thier daily quota for later check-outs". This mean that if you want a later check-out you should likely ask for one as soon as you book the room or arrive for check-in.
WE ENJOY HELPING FELLOW TRAVELLERS. IF YOU FIND THIS REVIEW HELPFUL, PLEASE GIVE US A HELPFUL VOTE.
ps- I have been to 10 different mountain resort villages in Western North America in both summer and winter and I enjoy Whistler the most, for both seasons.
Spencer and Holli
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Mountainside Lodge, you’ll find all the comfort, service and amenities you desire when you’re ready to balance your sense of adventure with something for your other senses. Mountainside Lodge is surrounded by spectacular mountain views, yet close to the delightful ambiance of Whistler Village. You just won’t find a better base for your adventure all suites have mountain views, attractive tile and rich carpeted floors, gas log fireplace and wooden blinds. The bathrooms have a jetted tub and bath amenities including a hairdryer and cozy bathrobes. The fully equipped kitchen with dining area, has a dishwasher, full size stove & fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board. You’re never far from a stylish hideaway, a gourmet meal or a rejuvenating massage when you make Mountainside Lodge your base for adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Mountainside Lodge - A Shell Vacations Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountainside Hotel Whistler
- Mountainside Lodge Whistler