My husband and I just recently came home from a trip to whistler. We splurged on a hotel for the week and decided to stay an extra night. We were going to stay at the same hotel but thought we would try something easier on the pocketbook and to see if there was a diiference so we booked a night in the suite at the mountainside for one night. We booked it on expedia, and we booked at the mountainside. but when we got there they had no record fof our reservation. So told me I had to call the mountainside excutive which is the same company but it was down the street. First I believe for good customer service he should have made thecall, but regardless I did. So then The lady on the phone at the excutive told me that yes she had my reservation. I was confused as I thought I booked at the mountianed side not excutivve. She told me that yes we were staying there but we had to come check in at the excutive. So we had to get in our vechile drvie down a block check in there and then go right back to where we were in the first place. Terrible service. If they are going to do that then they need a excutive desk in monutainside or have dual access at the front desk It was very incovenent and we had no clue .
Once we got to the room I intially thought it was cute as we walked in there was a little kitchen living room and fireplace with the bedroom in the loft. But there was a smell from the moment we walked in until when we left. I know they were reno'ed a while back but there was an old musty smell It grossed me out so much we couldn't even use the kitchenette as I didn't want to eat in the room.
When we went to bed it was comfy but during the night there was such a loud buzzing sound from one of the appliances I couldn't get back to sleep and then when I finally did I was woken up from the traffic on the street as our room faced the street and from the sunlight coming in from the skylight.
All in all we were very dispointed with this room and even though it was so close to the lifts and it had a sauna in the room that we enjoyed I would not be staying here agian and won't recommend it to anyone esle either.
- Also Known As:
- Mountainside Hotel Whistler
- Mountainside Lodge Whistler
- Mountainside Lodge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Mountainside Lodge, you’ll find all the comfort, service and amenities you desire when you’re ready to balance your sense of adventure with something for your other senses. Mountainside Lodge is surrounded by spectacular mountain views, yet close to the delightful ambiance of Whistler Village. You just won’t find a better base for your adventure all suites have mountain views, attractive tile and rich carpeted floors, gas log fireplace and wooden blinds. The bathrooms have a jetted tub and bath amenities including a hairdryer and cozy bathrobes. The fully equipped kitchen with dining area, has a dishwasher, full size stove & fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board. You’re never far from a stylish hideaway, a gourmet meal or a rejuvenating massage when you make Mountainside Lodge your base for adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Mountainside Lodge - A Shell Vacations Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.