I stayed here one night for a chance just to see Whistler. My room was on the first floor with a murphy bed and that really set off alarm bells for me initially, but being on the first floor was not a problem at all and the murphy bed was fun! The studio room I was in had a kitchen area against the wall, eating area for at least four people (not sure why 4 people would be eating in a studio hotel room) and then there was a step down to a living room with a couch and a murphy bed that came down from the wall - very cool! (You remove the pillows from the couch and the murphy bed folds down on top of the couch) The bed was as comfortable as your "normal" bed. The living room also had a fireplace. The room was clean and the free Wifi worked great. One negative is the parking charge of $18. Although most hotels in Whistler Village area charge for parking, the price seemed steep considering it was the off-season and there were about 10 cars in the parking garage. This is not downtown Vancouver! Another negative is the lobby and front desk area is really small, so every time you leave the hotel you pass by the front desk, directly by it. I'm the type where after I check-in, I do not want to see or have to say hi to the front desk!
The location of the hotel is outstanding. It is very close to the Whistler Village and appeared to be close to the ski lifts (was not there during the ski season). In the Village area there are a lot of restaurants to choose from and a grocery store which was handy to get groceries and put them in the fridge in the room. In all a good stay and would recommend it, as long as you are prepared to pay for parking!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Mountainside Lodge, you’ll find all the comfort, service and amenities you desire when you’re ready to balance your sense of adventure with something for your other senses. Mountainside Lodge is surrounded by spectacular mountain views, yet close to the delightful ambiance of Whistler Village. You just won’t find a better base for your adventure all suites have mountain views, attractive tile and rich carpeted floors, gas log fireplace and wooden blinds. The bathrooms have a jetted tub and bath amenities including a hairdryer and cozy bathrobes. The fully equipped kitchen with dining area, has a dishwasher, full size stove & fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board. You’re never far from a stylish hideaway, a gourmet meal or a rejuvenating massage when you make Mountainside Lodge your base for adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Despegar.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Mountainside Lodge - A Shell Vacations Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountainside Hotel Whistler
- Mountainside Lodge Whistler