“Could be better!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 19 Whistler B&B and Inns
Rosedale
“Could be better!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I booked a 2 night holiday in Whistler and booked this through a groupon online. We were very disappointed in the porridge breakfast, no toast, no juice and no fresh fruit! The porridge was made in a crock pot which tasted terrible and there was nothing to put in it except for white sugar. For claiming this to be a 'wellness and retreat' it was far from that! I guess being local made us feel treated lower than other fellow guests staying coming from other countries at the lodge. Would never book again for full price, wasn't worth the money.

Room Tip: Being far out from the main Whistler village, did make for a quiet nights rest.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We arrived and were happy with the accommodations but we had signed up for this to be a yoga holiday with daily classes. When we arrived we were told that the yoga instructor wasn't available. Considering that this was the reason why I booked it, it was a bit of a let down. We had even reserved times with the instructor a month in advance so if they couldn't deliver, they should have had a back-up available.
The chalet is a far walk from Whistler and lacks the luxury I am used to from these types of hotels. I felt like I was staying at someones home and couldn't make have a conversation in fear of waking others up who were staying the chalet.
I wouldn't repeat or recommend.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
vancouver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I just want to point something out to everyone. This hotel went through a management change. If you look back to 2009 and past the reviews are glowing. It was owned by a very lovely couple who had pride in what they did. Now it's a wellness hippy healing center. The rating is obviously based from years past

• Stayed January 2012
North Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We have recently spent two nights at this property, the building is very well maintained, the managers Lisa and Michael extremely accommodating. But... does this fall into the category of luxurious, I am afraid not.

Fortunately we purchased this through Living Social Deals at approximately half the price, and for that, very satisfied. Would I pay full rates - absolutely not. My reasons are really very simple, for the full price, top end toiletries should be provided, they are not. On the wall container in the shower with shampoo, conditioner and soap, the latter two dispensing nothing. Absolutely no provision of toiletries for the jacuzzi bath.

Not luxurious towels, the bed was made by throwing the comforter up, no straightening of sheets etc.

Continental breakfast provided was adequate, but it would have been nice to see bread covered to keep fresher, cream served in a cream jug large enough to serve 8/10 guests without having to request it, even though the request was addressed immediately and with good service.

I wonder if Lisa and Michael are having to try to run a 'luxurious pension' without the budget for providing the luxurious goods. Owner please take note.

But, would I stay in a property with Lisa and Michael as the Managers...yes, without a doubt.

Room Tip: Seven rooms only I believe. We were upgraded to the Hemlock Room which had a balcony. But I believ...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I attended the Alpine Chalet for a mini-fitness / wellness 2-night session. Overall, I found the experience to be very good. I had not read the reviews on this site till after my weekend was over, so it was an interesting perspective to read some of the negative submissions. The key is; expectation vs. outcome. For me, given I was there for a fitness / wellness event, my expectation around food was limited. I found the food excellent and simple to not have to think about it. No menu, no fuss, sit down and they attend to you. It was tasty and met the expectation of lo-calorie etc. I wasn’t expecting French Toast, Eggs Bennie with the sugary syrups and sauces, so was not disappointed in porridge, HB eggs, fruit etc. Reviewers commented on ‘no food in the rooms.’ I’ve stayed in plenty of hotels and ordered in Pizza and beer and crashed in an unfamiliar city to TV. This gig was about Yoga (first time for me!) a couple of times a day, running along a babbling creek in the woods and trying to avoid Mama bear on hikes, with periodic boot-camp calisthenics thrown in for total exhaustion (in a good way…). Food in the room was of no interest … the hot tub and steam room; those were of interest, and were great! I would be chagrin not to mention Lisa’s (client relations) contribution to the session. She not only did all the cooking, but was eager and energetic to provide anything one would need. A memorable couple of days...

Room Tip: Pool = Hot Tub, no room service.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Lichfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Fantatsic boutique style accomodation. A bit special and out of the ordinary. Lisa was very welcoming and extremely helpful. We didn't mind the no shoes policy - in fact we kept clean sandals for indoors in the shoe cupboard they provide by the front door. No different from home so don't know what others are fussing about. Lisa also encouraged us to drink in our rooms even though the policy said otherwise. We felt right at home and breakfast was lovely. Would definitely recommend if you are looking for something a bit more upmarket.

Room Tip: Book HEMLOCK this is the best room it has a whirlpool bath.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My boyfriend and I bought a Living Social deal and we were very surprised by how AWESOME our stay was! It was our first time buying an Escape deal and we were a little concerned after reading some of the reviews. Needless to say, I would IGNORE all of the terrible reviews about this place.
We arrived promptly at 4 PM and Sophie greeted us. I have never stayed at a place with such a knowledgeable staff member about the area, places to eat, and the best runs to ski down. She gave us a tour of the facility and we enjoyed a cup of tea/coffee, while we unpacked. We stayed in the Fir room and it was lovely. We could not have asked for a nicer room.
We were interested in taking a hot tub, so Sophie put out glasses for wine, bathrobes, and towels outside of our room door. We felt very spoiled during our stay, since we really didn't have to do anything ourselves. The staff took care of everything.
My boyfriend and I are not big breakfast eaters, so we really enjoyed the daily breakfast. This place had the BEST homemade orange juice! We enjoyed lots of fresh fruit, cereal, toast, etc. It was perfect for a long day of skiing.
I thought that the location was just fine. It was a 2 minute drive to the Village and there was free parking. If the weather had been nicer, we would have just walked. It is only about a 20-25 minute walk to the main Village. We enjoyed skiing all day and hanging out at night in the Village and then stepping away from the busy scene for a more quiet and relaxing night.
Overall, we had the best stay at this place. We would definitely go back and I would recommend this place to anyone. I would love to see the area in the summer time, so perhaps it will only be a few months before we are back. THANK YOU, Sophie and Leah!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Whistler Alpine Chalet Retreat & Wellness? Share your experiences!