“The place to go for an amazing experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 59 activities in Whistler
Type: Tours
Attraction Details
Whistler, Canada
“The place to go for an amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is my 3rd time with powder mountain over the past couple years and needless to say I have had an amazing time every time. This time the snow conditions were prime and the guides definitely knew where to go for the goods.
It will definitely not be my last time to powder mountain.
The conditions were great, light snow between knee and waist depth. Couldn't have asked for better.

Boston, MA
“Amazing experience, totally professional organization”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is a great operation and if you want powder, epic terrain in the alpine and trees (not ordinary trees, but an alpine rainforest ....and deep, dark woods) you really should take a day with these guys. The $499+ tax is well worth it; you are not going to be waiting in lines with 50 people cutting in front of you on the slopes, or tracked out fields of snow, or chopped up groomers....so, paying an extra $375 for the most epic day of your life in the alpine is well worth it.

I did the cat-trip...with my snowboard. It was a pretty snowy day, with bad visability so the guides kept us low (in the alpine but closer the the treeline). I thought it would have been disappointing missing out of carving some massive turns, but, no problem. The forest, glades, and fields of powder below the high alpine were some of the best turns I have ever had. Thumping deep pow through filled up river canyons, down through the alpine rainforests, into fields...it was just awesome.

I was skeptical of the cat-trip as I always thought the heli would probably be better (the heli takes you higher (if the vis is good), but is twice as much. I can't comment on Powder Mountains Heli Operation, but I will say I went with another operation last year and it was not worth the money based on two factors: terrain was boring (the heli drops you in the middle of a giant field of snow, no woods, just a mile long field/glacier of snow...you dont get all the terrain the cat can get you, and second, the guides I had at this other operation sucked. I didn't pay $1,000 to sight-see and stop every 300 feet and catch my breath..I wanted to rip pow, but instead I got some lame guide.

The best part about Power Mountain were the guides...just awesome. None of this stopping BS, and no sight-seeing.....just straight out killing it. The guides basically make you a line and say, "go all the way to the bottom, and do not go left (or right) of my tracks. See you at the bottom." There is a front guide and a rear guide who know the backcountry.

Just an awesome all around experience and TOTALLY worth the money.

P.S. I never bother writing reviews....I just really liked these guys and had to spread the good word.

Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
“Cat skiing with Powder Mtn,Whistler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had an epic day Cat skiing, great conditions and awesome Guides ! 8 long time ski friends have been doing this for 20 years and this was the best trip of all !
The Photograper got our best turns and the beer at the end was a great touch !

Cheers !
The Ibuprofen Ski Team

Denver, Colorado
“Rock Solid Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Very Enjoyable Day. Great Crew! Our Guides were very knowledgeable and friendly. Little light on the Pace...but heh I'm a 54 yr old cancer surviving, double hip replacement applicant, Bald, Old, Fat, White dude...so it all worked out!

Guides very safety conscience. Conditions were solid with what I expected for BC Snow. We got ankle to knee deep on the above tree line and Knee deep in the trees.

I really enjoyed the topography given we had a sky blue day. The Photographer was Money and while pricey ($75) was worth it given the excellent shots and great color/frames...we had the fun Gal for our photog...sister of our chief guide.

A bit pricey at $550 incl tax US for a day and throw in Photography $75 and decent tip $40 to $60 and you have a $650 U$ day. Worth it if your skiing above the trees for views alone!

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Powder Mountain Cat Ski”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Me and the mrs did the cat skiing day with the guys from powder mountain and it was epic. The guys really looked after everyone (they even carry your gear around for you) and made sure all requests were fulfilled. The runs were awesome and the ride back up in the cat was just long enough to catch your breath and have a drink (unlike helli skiing which gives you very little rest time between runs) One request was to do jumps so the cat driver built a jump and run up with the cat blade while the group was skiing... on return to base the photographer allready had our pics loaded onto disc to watch whilst enjoying a beer... couldn't of asked for more for the price!