“A must for all adrenaline junkies” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 36 attractions in Whistler
Type: Sports Complexes
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The Whistler Sliding Centre was the site of the bobsleigh, luge and skeleton competitions for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games.We are a non for profit organization, all money goes towards keeping the track open to develop the sports for Canadian and International athletes. In addition to being a training venue for athletes, the Whistler Sliding Centre offers the general public the opportunity to be an Olympian for a day, in either bobsleigh or skeleton. The fastest sport experience in Whistler, reaching speeds up to 125km/h, will give you an adrenalin rush like no other.
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“A must for all adrenaline junkies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Not far from Whistler Village is the Vancouver Olympic Bobsleigh and skeleton venue. Had a fantastic and safe experience. We were lucky to be there for their last week of the season. The skeleton was the most exhilarating and speedy thing I've ever done, A must do.

“So exciting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Yes, the bobsleigh experience may be a little expensive but it is 43 seconds of pure excitement! How often can you say that you've been down the Olympic Bobsleigh track? Highly recommended!

Arlington, VA
5 attraction reviews
“So much fun! But expensive for 1 minute”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I did the bobsledding at Whistler Sliding Center. I was super excited about doing it and it didn't disappoint. We met at 6:45 and they checked us in and did an overview which took about 30 minutes but then they took people out in groups and I was the absolute last group so we waited for over an hour. It was a little annoying having to wait so long but they played the Cool Runnings movie which I appreciated, but it was still a long wait. The actual bobsledding was a lot of fun and the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because it was over so soon! You pay a lot of money for it and it only lasts about 1 minute. I wish for the price you pay, you could get to go again. We also bought the video which was also pricey. I think for the price you pay for the 1 minute, they could throw the video in for free, but I do understand that to keep the Centre open they do need to make money so I was fine supporting it.
An experience definitely worth checking out.

Brisbane, Australia
“A MUST!!! What a thrill!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

By far the best non-skiing thing I have done in Whistler!!

We recently did the Bobsleigh experience and although the ride was only 40 seconds, it was worth it in my opinion.

After reaching speeds of 126.9kph we got out the sled with adrenaline pumping and a massive smile on our faces!!

Be aware you do pull about 3g in the corners which really pushes you down in the sled. If you have any neck or back problems seek advice before taking part.

Video's of the experience, that you download off a website, are available after from Coast Mountain Photography for $45 inc. tax. It's up to you if you think this is expensive but I thought this was fairly reasonable, I have paid that for a single photo from some experiences.

Markham, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Whistler Sliding Centre Bobsled”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I visited Whistler Sliding Centre and saw visitors go on the bobsleds, $180.00 per slide 58 minutes. It was very impressive.