“So exciting!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 34 attractions in Whistler
Type: Sports Complexes
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The Whistler Sliding Centre is located in the beautiful Fitzsimmons valley on the southeast slope of Blackcomb Mountain. This high performance, world-class sliding sports venue was the site of bobsleigh, luge and skeleton competitions for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games and includes a 1,450 metre long competition track, as well as venue support buildings. The Whistler Sliding Centre is a non for profit organization with all proceeds benefiting the development of national and international sliding sports. In addition to being a training venue for athletes, the Whistler Sliding Centre offers the public year round adrenaline packed activities! Winter Bobsleigh and Skeleton Sport Experience Programs: ride down the fastest track in the world, reaching speeds of up to 125+km/hr, in a bobsleigh driven by a professional pilot or experience the thrill of skeleton and slide head-first at 100 km/h! NEW to the Whistler Sliding Centre - Summer Bobsleigh Experience (bobsleigh on wheels!) Driven by a trained Bobsleigh Pilot, four passengers will go through 10 corners including the famous Thunderbird Corner, reaching speeds of up to 80 kms an hour! Participants are provided with an orientation that includes the history of the Whistler Sliding Centre as a 2010 Olympic Winter Games venue. The full experience will take about an hour, but the adrenaline rush will last days!
“So exciting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Yes, the bobsleigh experience may be a little expensive but it is 43 seconds of pure excitement! How often can you say that you've been down the Olympic Bobsleigh track? Highly recommended!

Arlington, VA
5 attraction reviews
“So much fun! But expensive for 1 minute”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I did the bobsledding at Whistler Sliding Center. I was super excited about doing it and it didn't disappoint. We met at 6:45 and they checked us in and did an overview which took about 30 minutes but then they took people out in groups and I was the absolute last group so we waited for over an hour. It was a little annoying having to wait so long but they played the Cool Runnings movie which I appreciated, but it was still a long wait. The actual bobsledding was a lot of fun and the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because it was over so soon! You pay a lot of money for it and it only lasts about 1 minute. I wish for the price you pay, you could get to go again. We also bought the video which was also pricey. I think for the price you pay for the 1 minute, they could throw the video in for free, but I do understand that to keep the Centre open they do need to make money so I was fine supporting it.
An experience definitely worth checking out.

Brisbane, Australia
“A MUST!!! What a thrill!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

By far the best non-skiing thing I have done in Whistler!!

We recently did the Bobsleigh experience and although the ride was only 40 seconds, it was worth it in my opinion.

After reaching speeds of 126.9kph we got out the sled with adrenaline pumping and a massive smile on our faces!!

Be aware you do pull about 3g in the corners which really pushes you down in the sled. If you have any neck or back problems seek advice before taking part.

Video's of the experience, that you download off a website, are available after from Coast Mountain Photography for $45 inc. tax. It's up to you if you think this is expensive but I thought this was fairly reasonable, I have paid that for a single photo from some experiences.

Markham, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Whistler Sliding Centre Bobsled”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I visited Whistler Sliding Centre and saw visitors go on the bobsleds, $180.00 per slide 58 minutes. It was very impressive.

Whistler, Canada
29 attraction reviews
“Best thing I've done in Whistler!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was lucky enough to have the chance to do Skeleton last year during their Slide for Hunger campaign.

DO IT!

I believe it's usually about $160ish and you get 2 runs. Keep your head and shoulders down and you're sweet! It's fast and it's a rush! Reaching speeds of over 100km/hr. Something different not everyone has done and it's a world class track. My husband has also done the bobsled and he loved it.

Visited December 2012