“Enjoyable family stay in Whistler” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tantalus Lodge

Save Saved
You added Tantalus Lodge to your Saves list
Tantalus Lodge
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   4200 Whistler Way, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada   |
Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
Powell River, Canada
“Enjoyable family stay in Whistler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I booked two separate rooms for my family through the central reservation system. Tantalus Lodge seemed like a good fit for us, and this turned out to be absolutely true. The staff were very welcoming, friendly, and helpful. The rooms were conveniently located on the same floor but not side-by-side. They were clean and the kitchen was well stocked with everything we needed for our own cooking.
The kids really enjoyed the pool and spent a considerable amount of time there. I personally enjoyed the hot tub. The location of the resort lodge was not in the noisy center of the village, which pleased us. Whenever we wanted to get to the village itself, it only required a short walk (5 minutes). The only negative issue was the high cost of the daily parking fee. This should be lowered for those people who are staying for three or more days.
Overall, a great stay, and I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to visit Whistler.

Room Tip: While there is no view from the back units, thry are probably quieter than the ones facing the front...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
kartika k, Manager at Tantalus Lodge, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy you found our spacious rooms comfortable.

Our friendly staff and I, look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Rooms Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very clean - huge 2 bedroom room. Equipped with everything that's needed for cooking, cleaning and bathing.
The queen bed was firm - which was a great fit for me since I only can sleep on firm mattresses. The 2 twin beds were a bit softer but still very comfortable. The sofa bed was OK for a toddler but I assume it will not work for an adult..the mattress was too thin and very springy.
The location was not too bad. The village is only about 5 minutes walk ( up hill...)
During the weekdays it seemed to be very quiet. On the weekend it was quite noisy (even though we stayed on the 4th floor)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
kartika k, Manager at Tantalus Lodge, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Warm regards,

Langley City, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We booked this hotel because the price was right and we required 4 beds which they were able to accomodate without reserving in advance. Upon arrival the outside looked quite nice with pretty surrounding scenery. The check in was o.k and although our room was not ready the front desk staff had suggestions for us to occupy our time while we waited. The hotel is located quite close to the highway so it is convenient and from the hotel it is only a five minute walk to the Village. The hotel itself is dated. My first impression upon entering our 2 bedroom suite was the soiled carpet.The stained carpet made me feel like it was not very clean. The two bedrooms were quite nice with nice bedding and cushy beds. We slept on the pull out couch in the living room and when I pulled out the bed I noticed some small items underneath that had not been retrieved during the last cleaning. There was still tape left up on the wall in the dining room with some leftover crepe paper from a previous party and hand prints all over the microwave door. The hallway outside the rooms were full of debris upon arrival which was at 4:00 p.m. It remained until the next morning when it had finally been vaccumed. The toiletries in the bathroom were surprisingly good for which I have had at several upscale hotels. No breakfast and only a coffee machine in the lobby for which you pay per cup. I walked into the village to bring back coffee for everyone in the morning. We paid a very reasonable price for our room and six people which was about $129. in total. Our bed mattress in the pull out had a big stain on the bottom and as I say the overall cleanliness of the place was lacking. There were several families staying and I would say that if you are not picky about the things I mentioned the hotel would be fairly good value for anyone on a budget. The pool area is nice as well as the surrounding landscape. I personally would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
kartika k, Manager at Tantalus Lodge, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to rate your stay and share your comments. I am saddened to read we failed to provide you with the level of cleanliness we are accustomed to. I am interested to hear more about your stay as it will enable us to improve any deficiencies you may have encountered. Please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations.

Feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Tantalus Resort Lodge
luis.rivero@deltahotels.com
604-932-4146
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This place is not right inside the Whistler Village. But it only takes a five minutes walk to get there. To me, that is acceptable. If possible, get a penthouse for both space and comfort. 2 families can book into 1 penthouse nicely.

Because the hotel is not inside the Whistler Village, it is relatively quiet at night which may be good for people who don't need to party all night long.

L_River0, Manager at Tantalus Lodge, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Mr. Hua,
thank you for your rating. It is great to see that you enjoyed your visit to the Tantalus Resort.

Rudi
Interim General Manager
HK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We had decent stayed here. It is located outside the main Whistler Village. It is about 10-20min walking distance. There is a C$18 parking fees. We had a two bedroom suite with kitchen and balcony. I really like the large living room area and the full kitchen with full size appliances, oven and dishwasher.

The lodge itself was quiet. The room was clean and very spacious. There is free wi-fi in the room but the speed is slow.

L_River0, Manager at Tantalus Lodge, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I hope to welcome you back at the Tantalus in the future.

Rudi
Interim General Manager
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Upon arrival...room was terrible...was very hard to get over the wet shower curtain smell in both bathrooms all weekend...fan ventilation was poor in main bathroom and it was very hard to clear the condensation after a shower. The ventilation was so bad in the main bathroom the toilet sweat and the floors remained wet pretty much all day (we left the fan on all day). My kids also mentioned a constant vomit smell or sour milk smell coming from behind the couch which I wasn't about to investigate. Walls were dirty with drink drips and stains. Bunk bed set up is poor...they are right in the main hallway between master suite and second room....my kids were woken up constantly from us using the washroom or going room to room. Parking is poor....not enough. Staff were always friendly....that's a plus.

Room Tip: Don't choose a bunk suite if you have small kids....they will never get sleep
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
L_River0, General Manager at Tantalus Lodge, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for you feedback. Please except my apologize for your most recent stay at our Resort. I was very disappointed to read about our short comings and would love to have the opportunity to talk to you in person. I can be reached at 604 932 4146 ext 656.

I am looking forward to your call.

Sincerely, Rudi

Been to Tantalus Lodge? Share your experiences!