“Terrible staff” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Legends

Save Saved
You added Legends to your Saves list
Legends
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2036 London Lane, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B2, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Ski and Stay Packages
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
Vancouver, Canada
“Terrible staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was in Whistler for the wine festival Cornucopia in November 2012. We stayed for 2 nights at the Westin (great place) but on our way back to Vancouver the roads proved to be too much trouble. The first snow turned into ice. There was a 15 car pile-up apparently and people were abandoning their cars on the road. We decided to stay in Creekside Sunday night because we made it that far from Whistler. I pulled in at Legends around 3:30 pm to check what the room rate would be and I went back to the car to check some other options but my phone battery died. I asked at the front desk if they had a phone charger that I could borrow for 15 minutes or if I can give them my phone to charge at a docking station just to have some juice in the battery. The 2 “kind” front desk agents said that they did not have anything. For all they knew I could have been in the car with my kid and could have been stranded on the road without a cell phone in a few hours. Fortunately I was with a friend and she was able to find a cheaper rate while on the phone with whistler.com (or some other booking agency). We asked again at the front desk and told them that we can get a lower rate on the phone with someone else and they still would not accommodate us. My friend ended up booking through the phone agent and we checked in at the same desk right away. At this point I was already shocked but imagine my shock when the front desk agent handed me a phone charger and said “Well now that you are a guest of the hotel you can use our charger.” I think I went numb. Not only did they not have appropriate customer relation skills but absolutely no human decency. I think if I stopped someone on the street they would have been more helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Ovations, Director of Sales at Legends, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Zinnii,

I am disappointed to read about your recent experience with us. Please accept our apology for a less than satisfactory experience. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in greater detail. Please contact us at loreservations@lodgingovations.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Whistler, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I just returned from a 2 night stay at Legends and have to say the place is fantastic. Creekside Village is quaint and quiet but nifty at the same time. The two best restaurants in Whistler are a five minute walk away - Rim Rock and Aura. The pool and common area is definitely the best in Whistler because it is well-proportioned and welcoming. I have yet to see the place crowded to the point of discomfort - and I've been there a tremendous number of times over the years. Legends is the heart of Creekside - you HAVE groceries, liquor, Can Ski, Skis and Bikes BC Clearance Centre, the gondola and Dusty's all a stone's throw from the hotel but you DON'T have the inebriated dopes yelling down the Village Stroll at 2AM wrecking your early rise for fresh Pow! Lodging Ovations does an awesome job of running the property and has very helpful staff. Your best bet is to book directly through them rather than with a travel agent or other websites because they always have the lowest price.

Room Tip: I'd select a room on the 4th floor facing First Tracks but not directly over the pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We continue to visit this property because it offers very good rates all year round and provides for a good location for the summer time if you are interested in walking or biking the trails in Whistler. While the property is located 10 minutes from the village there is continuous bus service and it runs late into the night.
The front desk service is very friendly and willing to help in any way they can. Plenty of parking is available often included in the price of the room.
Their rooms are fully equipped with full sized kitchens and have everything you need to make this your home for a few days. The rooms are very large and well appointed with comfortable furnishings and well decorated.
There is a large outdoors pool and a couple of hot tubs one of which is "adults only".
They are pet friendly.
We will be back again and again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We arrived at this hotel at around 1AM and to our dismay, the front desk was unable to find our reservation. Normally hotels give a rundown for this since I booked through Expedia. But the staff here was extremely helpful and understanding. They trusted my word and put me in a room right away; the front desk said " we will figure this out with Expedia later!". Awesome customer service. Rooms were very clean and kitchen was very helpful esp with a 2 year old. Whistler village was a 5 min drive and there are a few restaurants and also a grocery store within walking distance. Overall, I will come stay here everytime I go to Whistler.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Was there only one designer and decorator who worked in this mountain village? There is no doubt that Whistlerblackcomb is a world class venue; however, after many visits, it has finally dawned on me that almost all the acommodations are cookie cutter variations of one schema.I have stayed in over a dozen one bedrooms in and around the village and they are all have the exact same layout and decor. I am sure it must be a matter of maximizing some financial bottom line; however, are there no adventurous designers who can match the challenge of a double black diamond? That being said, Legends, has a great staff creating a warm and inviting atmosphere; the service is impeccable. Bravo.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Great Place! We have stayed at the Legends on two previous occasions - usually a one bedroom. This time we were visiting with 6, including grandparents and two children. I contemplated staying out at Creekside as it is a short 5 km from Whistler Village. It certainly was a great decision, the area has really developed - there is a nice walk down to Nita Lake ~ several great restaurants Aura and the Rim Rock.
As for Legends - we stayed in a three bedroom unit and were very pleased - clean, bright well equipped. We needed a few items and the staff - anyone we talked to was attentive and very gracious. The unit was modern, nice TV, gas fireplace and fully loaded kitchen. The pool and hot tub area were great. It certainly is a great place for families might not be the romantic hideaway but this place is a real treat.

Room Tip: Nice to stay overlooking the ski slopes. Other option faces a creek that is also nice if you like to...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Urunga, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed for three nights with our daughter in a two bedroom apartment. Ideal for our needs with two bathrooms and the bedrooms separated by the living area. Very few rooms were occupied at the time of our stay. I would imagine that the place could get noisy when fully occupied. On our last night, the room above us was occupied and you could hear every step that they took. The Creekside locality was a bit quiet at the time of year we were there, but it has a supermarket and BC Liquor outlet and is only a short bus or taxi ride from Whistler Village.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Legends? Share your experiences!