“more like a party central hostel than lodge” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Blackcomb Lodge

You added Blackcomb Lodge to your Saves list
Blackcomb Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4220 Gateway Drive, Whistler, British Columbia V0N1B4, Canada   |
Ranked #30 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
Vancouver, BC
“more like a party central hostel than lodge”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2008

I stayed at the Blackcomb Lodge totally spontaneously. We booked the hotel room the same day that we stayed over, by calling Whistler Premier Resorts Accomodations. I didn't expect the best rooms because of the late check in and late booking, but I didn't expect such a horrible experience either!

When we checked in, I didn't find the staff particularly rude; I tried to request a quiet room but there were none by the time we got there so we had a room that faces the Village. Boy, was it loud at night! You can hear EVERYTHING from the street, from people yelling, partying, and just a constant hum and murmur from the bar and people talking.

Not only this, this hotel has VERY thin walls. I could hear the couple in the room next door in their bedroom activities. This was very unpleasant... After they were done their activities, I could also hear shower noises...

So, I barely had any sleep - imagine having to put up with street / bar noise, the couple next door, the shower, and peopel walking by outside the room. When I asked the front desk for ear plugs, they wanted US to go downstairs to get them; they wouldn't even deliver.

Also, when we requested for a duvet earlier in the same night, it was just crumpled altogther; they didn't even bother folding it to us before handing it to us.The pillow in the closet also had some hair on it... I wonder when the last time was that they washed it?

Did I mention the mattresses are terrible as well? You can feel EVERYTHING when your other half moves.

I do not have high standards for hotels; usually I'm prety happy with a clean motel or an average hotel. But this lodge's terrible location, noise just can't cut it! This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at in Whistler.

The only good thing was the reasonable overnight parking charge of $13 / night.

• Liked — $6 / hr internet access station
  • Disliked — Noise! Uncomfortable beds!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2007

In brief, very noisy rooms due to proximity to village square, very unhelpful/rude staff......would not stay here again.

Having travelled 15 hours to get there from Scotland, we were given one of the many rooms that face the square that are ridiculously noisy! I thought the windows were open when we got in but they weren't.

When I went downstairs to ask for a new room I was told by the ignorant duty manager they were full and 'good luck finding a room in Whistler at the weekend'. I was furious but it was around 5am on my body clock so took the room and said i wanted it changed as soon as one became available. My holiday rep intervened the next day also as we refused to stay there. The room got changed but they would not hurry up the cleaning of the room so we had to spend 4 hours wondering around Whistler.

Other requests to the staff for assistance with numerous things were met with blank looks and rude replies. They managed to spoil the first day of my holiday and i never looked forward to dealing with them at any point in the holiday.

Stayed March 2007
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2007

Lovely room, however remember to phone in advance if you require a quite room as they appeared to be unaware of our request (via whistler.com booking). However, did move us without too much fuss.

Kitchen had all you needed, even dishwasher cleaner so no extra shopping required on arrival.

Ski slope only a short 5 minute walk.

Best thing after skiing returning to the fantastic indoor hot tub and sauna to relieve aching muscles.

Could not fault the accommodation already organising booking there for next year!

Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2007

11 of us have just returned from an "awesome" 10 day trip to Whistler! We sayed at the Blackcomb Lodge and could simply not fault it at all. We had 3 rooms, one of which was a studio room with a loft which was just great - 2 single beds downstairs and 2 single beds upstairs with heaps of space. The kitchenette which I imagined to be very small was in fact a fully equipped kitchen with oven,microwave, dishwasher, fridge and all other necessary appliances to use this - It was really handy to have breakfast before we headed out and somewhere to make sarnies for the slopes!
As for the location it could not have been better, no more that a 5 minute walk to both gondola's and lifts and we were simply surrounded by bars (you must visit Cittas over the road which has a great heated patio and serves excellent Jagabombs!)and restaurants as well as the pharamcy and supermarket being next door - The loacation could not have been any more cenral and ideal for our needs. There is a really good choice of restaurants with anything from steaks, pizza, italian, seafood, asian ...the list is endless and you will not be stuck for choice!One of our rooms was at the front of the hotel and yes there was a slight noise later at night but if you couldn't sleep through it you quite clearly have not skiied hard enough and enjoyed the apres-ski afterwards!
Whilst you do not get your own ski locker the ski shop inside the hotel lock up your skis/boards over night and take great care of them too - They also offer a very cheap waxing and after care service.
All in all I can not say a bad thing about about this hotel or resort and can't wait to go back - I'm very jealous of you're about to go!!

Stayed January 2007
surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2007

They have done big time renovations on this hotel.
The rooms are spectacular hardwood floors, kitchens that may have granite countertops. I'm surprised I only paid $99 for a room. I would have been happy to even pay more. My family of four two boys and mom/dad stayed in a studio suites and it was a good size. The hotel is right in the village and they have a great restaraunt downstairs. The restaurant lounge is real cool. The bartenders have access to opening a big window were they can serve drinks to people who want to sit on the outside stools and enjoy a coctail and they have heaters too.
I love this hotel!

Stayed January 2007
Warwickshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2006

Attractively decorated, decent size room, clean and comfortable, with a king bed and a good shower, though inadequate lighting. We thought it was extremely good value ($99) for the quality and the location, within a short walk of all amenities. Reasonable pool, sauna and hot tub too. Front desk staff were not overly helpful though.

• Stayed September 2006
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2006

The most important thing to know about Blackcomb Lodge is that they do not allow ski or snowboard equipment in the hotel rooms itself. You must check it to the pro-shop next to the front desk when you come back from the mountains and in the morning you can pick up your equipment in the same place. The staff that handles this is friendly and helpful. They physically store the equipment in a locked room overnight. The rack is made of metal and potentially might cause some minor scrapes or scratches on your topsheet, so if you just bought that $900 carbon fiber snowboard or ski's and treat it like your baby that has to be with you when you go to sleep, you might think twice about Blackcomb Lodge.

The previous reviewer had it right. Blackcomb Lodge is spectacularly close to the lifts and to one of two Whistler supermarkets but is also close to the bars and late night noisy patrons as well. In addition the room I stayed in had a closed pass-through door to another room but these doors are not sound-proofed! I could hear the conversations of the people staying in the next room and opted to leave on the noisy bathroom fan and TV on all night to drown out their loud voices and their partying. Also didn't help they were smoking in the next room and I could smell whiffs of cigarette smoke.

I always found the front desk friendly and helpful, which is usually the case in all of the different hotels I have stayed in Whistler.

• Stayed December 2005

Been to Blackcomb Lodge? Share your experiences!