“Great mountain bad service, not enough lifts” 4 of 5 stars

$105*
and up
Blackcomb Glacier Safari
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Skiing, Snowboarding, Cross-country skiing, Snow-shoeing, Mountaineering, Viewing wildlife, Snowmobiling, Mountain biking, Hiking, Heli-skiing
More attraction details
Owner description: Whistler Blackcomb is consistently ranked the No. 1 ski resort in North America with over 8,171 acres of terrain. As a true four season resort, Whistler Blackcomb offers skiing and snowboarding in the winter and downhill mountain biking and alpine hiking in the summer. Guests can even enjoy summer skiing/riding on the Horstman Glacier in June and July. At Whistler Blackcomb, there is something for everyone all year long.
Tenafly nj
4 attraction reviews
“Great mountain bad service, not enough lifts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We spent our 7 day family ski vacation during President's week. Prior to our arrival, we booked all our private and kids ski school lessons online. When I had to change the schedule prior to our arrival, they were accommodating but I was on hold for more then 20 minutes, then hung up on and transferred back and forth over several phone calls. There also appeared to be different hosts to handle the private vs ski school reservations, at times neither assuming responsibility or acting like they we doing me a favor by helping me change the schedule for the other section.

After our arrival, my husband exchanged the emailed vouchers for the tickets we purchased online at the guest relations. He realized that they gave him a youth 5 day ticket instead of the adult one so he went to exchange it on day two. They screwed up again when they then gave him a three day flex ticket, double counting the day he went to exchange the ticket. On the fifth day, he was chastised for not having a valid ticket and was told that he already had used his three days! More time wasting at the guest relations.

On the last day, he went to ski half a day with my son. They tried to not honor his email print out voucher for the prepaid ticket and made him wait while they checked with the manager on site as well as another boss above the manager. They also had no mention of how long the wait is at each lift to help guide the skiers plan the day. After purchasing another full day ticket for my son and getting up to the mountain, my husband and son could barely ski due to the long lines at the lift. The lines to the glacier bowls such as symphony express we're almost an hour long.

The whistler Blackcomb mountain is an amazing mountain for skiing with its wide variety of trails, sheer size and beautiful snow. However they do not have enought lifts to carry the crowd and also to manage the behavior of the ill mannered skiers and snowboarders. My son had many poor skiers and snowboarders crashed into him and his mates in the group. One of the ski school instructor dislocated his shoulder from a bad skier running into him!

The services could definitely be improved immediately and easily with bettere training of the staff and should be corrected. More lifts to relieve the bottlenecks should be seriously considered.

Visited February 2013
WhistlerBlackcomb, Manager at Whistler Blackcomb, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear truecolors05,

Thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit to Whistler Blackcomb.
I am very sorry to hear about any problems you experienced during your booking and while collecting your tickets. Customer service is certainly a priority for us, and we appreciate your communication so we can review the details with our team.

I am not sure of the exact date of your visit, however various regional and international holidays occur in February which may have contributed to the volume of guests on the mountains during your visit. Although holiday times can be busy, we are taking steps to improve our service levels. I wanted to take this opportunity to let you know that Whistler Blackcomb is introducing two new chairlifts next season. Additional information about the new lifts is available on our website.

Our Quality Assurance department would be happy to review the details of your visit with you. If you would like to provide any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us at wbqa@whistlerblackcomb.com

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Kind Regards,

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The best place to learn to ski. The mountains are amazing. The staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful

Scottsdale, Arizona
13 attraction reviews
“These white mountains are like being on the moon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Skiing here-Above the tree lines- is so peaceful and calming. I've never had so much space skiing and felt so good! Powder snow and room to breath! The lifts are upscale roomy, and the lines move quickly. I visited here also during the Winter Olympics and had a blast. A GREAT place and memory of a lifetime! The local people here are very welcoming and all the restaurants I ate at were also awesome! I suggest making a trip here, and I bet you WILL return!

Visited March 2012
Ilminster, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
“World class ski resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Amazing trails, 10km plus ski runs, quick and easy queues and gondolas, plus loads of snow, little wonder this ski resort is consistently voted as top in the world.

Vancouver, British Columbia
“ski patrol”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

A student of our skied into a creek in Rapsody Bowl on Symphony and the ski patrol who rescued him for so impressive. They put his mind at ease, secured him on a back board and a collar around the neck. A skidoo transported him to Harmony chair area, at that time another ski patroller skied down the mountain with him. The ambulance was waiting which then took hom to the clinic. The ski patrol truck then picked me up with our skis and dropped us at our accommodations. So professional a great experience for an accident. Oh by the way the skier is fine. A little bruised. Thank you to the ski patrol at whistler mountain.