“Good, Clean and Close to the Village” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aava Whistler Hotel

You added Aava Whistler Hotel to your Saves list
Aava Whistler Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4005 Whistler Way | (On the edge of the village action), Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada   |
Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
Vancouver
“Good, Clean and Close to the Village”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We have stayed a variety of hotels in Whistler, but the Aava has always been on my hit-list of places to try out. We finally had the opportunity to stay at Aava for 2 nights during the first weekend of Crankworx (2013). The check-in was quick and the room was clean and comfortable.

We asked to have a crib, it ended up being a playpen but worked fine nonetheless.

If you're on foursquare, at the time of our check-in, you got free parking when you checked in with the app. You just show them the screen of the special and volia, free parking! ($19/day charge normally)

The rooms even included a Keurig coffee machine. Which is nice if you want a quick brewed coffee in 3 minutes.

The king bed we got (we had a Deluxe Room) was super comfortable and we both slept well. Our little guy (who at the time of this is 5weeks old) slept well in the "crib" too.

The only downside, some rooms are connected with doors between them. We found that we could hear the people next to us via the door but they were pretty docile for an even such as Crankworx so that was fine with us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have stayed up here numerous times and have always had a great time here. The rooms are clean and modern and everyone on staff is extremely friendly and courteous. The have a great system in place for bikes and for lending out free Go Pro cameras, which we used to go White Water rafting and had a blast! The location, price and total value is well worth it!

In room coffee is great here as well! :)

I would and have recommended the Aava to others.

Jon I - Vancouver BC

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We rolled into Whistler and the sight of the Aava almost made me weep! Out front was a sign that said "Welcome to Crankworx!" Being that my brother and I were there to charge the mountain, this couldn't have been a more welcoming sign. The staff was amazing with their upbeat attitudes and helpful nature. The check in process was lighting fast and we were in our room in minutes. Our two couple group was VERY comfortable in our room with two queen beds and they were amazing to sleep in after a long day hammering the mountain! We even took some respite from our soreness in the hot tub and I took a few minutes to loosen up in the very well equipped fitness center.
Another great amenity of the Aava was the GoPro Station. The staff was very helpful in giving us some pointers on how to best capture our riding and then assisted in the download process at the end of the day. Add to that, they even let us borrow a few rigs to mount our cameras on...awesome!
A few days after we left, we realized half of the footage we captured on our GoPro was not on our camera. We realized we had downloaded it to the Aava computer and feared it was most certainly lost forever. I left a message with GM Chris and received a phone call back from him the following day. He informed that they had found the footage, burned it to disc, and had it prepared to mail to me! I almost shed a few tears upon hearing this.
There are many places to stay when visiting Whistler, however, in planning our next trip, we've already decided The Aava will once again be our spot. CHEERS!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chris M, Front Office Manager at Aava Whistler Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Hi Richard D,

Thanks for the great TripAdvisor review!

We hope you have an epic time watching your footage!

We hope to see you all next year.

Chris
Chandler, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I just returned from my first trip to British Columbia. I had seen many pictures and video's of Whistler and was concerned I may have gone with too high an expectation. I was completely blown away by just how amazing a place this is. My only regret is that I was not able to stay longer. I am already planning another trip next year and plan to be in Whistler for at least five days.

Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com

Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Everything was great and professional. The only thing that surprised me was how small the pool and hot tub was for a hotel of such size. That said it never really got overcrowded (in August), so I suppose that's just fine.

Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had a great time in Whistler. This hotel is off the square, so it is nice and quiet. Pool, hot tub, and sauna were great. Bikes are available and free for the first two hours. Plenty of time for a nice ride through the valley.

Room and hotel itself is average. If not for the fancy front counter, it could have been a Super 8 hotel, but at twice the price. The rooms are nice, but that's it. THere is a fridge, which is nice. EVerything else is adequate, not bad, not good. For the price of this hotel, I would have shopped around more. As another reviewer said, its pretty barebones. Parking is available for $19/day. If done over, I would have hoofed it from the public parking.

Most of the good reviews this hotel gets is for their bike service. I can see why, since so many hotels make no efforts with bikes. But as a hotel, this is a smidge above a budget hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Aava Whistler Hotel? Share your experiences!